PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Wilson album

MARKEG
19-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Guess who's got it in the post tomorrow?????????

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

I'm so excited. Just thought I'd be a cunt and say. I can't wait for this :dance:

MARKEG
19-11-2003, 11:05 PM
I don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep. hahahaha.

Col
19-11-2003, 11:17 PM
piss off!!!

burn us a copy. oh shit your not supposed to do that are u? :roll: :eh:

Methodixxx
19-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Cheeky bastage ;)

I'm all envious now! :lol:

MARKEG
19-11-2003, 11:39 PM
hahahaaha.. i really am buzzin about this. i can't remember the last time i got so excited about an album.

Paul Nisbet
19-11-2003, 11:42 PM
i kinda remember gettin well excited over a bart simpson album for my xmas when i was 7 or summit....

would be kinda like gettin this (although im not)...

instead of singin the bart man

i would be singing

Here boy, here boy, here boy...

u can see the simliar themes cant u???

:lol: :lol:

dan the acid man
20-11-2003, 12:15 AM
dont wet yourself mark,
oh, too late ;)

im quite a new fan of glenn, but i really like alot of his tunes now

Si the Sigh
20-11-2003, 08:18 AM
hahahaaha.. i really am buzzin about this. i can't remember the last time i got so excited about an album.

...if i remember rightly, it was the Westlife album Mark! ;) :lol:

DELTA9MDA
26-11-2003, 12:31 PM
enjoy, ill be getting mine in a few weeks too. glenn is the mofo man. im soooo ready to hear the other tracks. especially after the new york show. damn.

wenna
26-11-2003, 12:56 PM
i got mine last week-cheers glenn ;)

Daniel Jose
26-11-2003, 01:20 PM
hope someone will bring him over to malta :)

he's really a techno master

legowelt, darren emerson, the hacker and carl max on the way :)

MARKEG
26-11-2003, 04:41 PM
> i got mine last week-cheers glenn

caught red handed mate. hahaha ;)

this album is unreal. call me daddy - wowowowowowowow

The Overfiend
26-11-2003, 04:45 PM
drool.

Bughead
26-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Hmm....

Now this is not a stab at Glenn's work, far from it, but is there anything new on the album?

I have been a great fan of Glenn's over the years from Colours, Punish, Template et al but I am just wondering about the actual content of the album?

So does anyone who has the album dare write a summary?
I would like to know which direction Glenn's off this time?

Peace...

MARKEG
26-11-2003, 08:32 PM
as a concept, this album suits punish totally. and it seems so much more than just a collection of glenn wilson style tracks. after saying that, it is aimed directly at the dancefloor so if you're expecting nice ambient fillers and a journey through space and time then you might as well forget it. glenn has obviously worked hard to further his sound and there's some nice experimentation in here that shows he's not sticking to one thing. i was majorly impressed and so will the ppl i play it to at the weekend!

Adverse
26-11-2003, 08:46 PM
there's some nice experimentation in here that shows he's not sticking to one thing.

i'm holding you to that.

Bughead
27-11-2003, 11:36 AM
Is there a records or records that sounds like the album or is it something completly new?

MARKEG
27-11-2003, 12:54 PM
well there's a few faves on there such as Here Boy and Doggy Style RMX and sure, some of the tracks sound like typical Glenn Wilson - CALL ME DADDY - PHEW! - but there's some tracks that i simply can't say what the style is like and their the ones i like for the difference. yet you can still tell they're Wilson.

jonnyspeed
27-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Mark EG Said "ambient fillers and a journey through space and time "

Thank god! ambient fillers are really not my taste :) And only really banging tunes give me that extra space and time dimension.

Worth looking out for but I tend to think than Glenn's stuff can be a little too ploddy. Only my opinion.

The Overfiend
27-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Looking forward to beating someone up for this. :twisted:

Sunil
27-11-2003, 09:57 PM
well there's a few faves on there such as Here Boy and Doggy Style RMX and sure, some of the tracks sound like typical Glenn Wilson - CALL ME DADDY - PHEW! - but there's some tracks that i simply can't say what the style is like and their the ones i like for the difference. yet you can still tell they're Wilson.

I look forward to hearing this but let's be clear about it, it's not an 'album', it's a Punish dbl pack. A dbl pack on Punish is not the Glenn Wilson artist album that I'd like to hear...

MARKEG
27-11-2003, 11:06 PM
this is no way a double pack. fgs there's 10 tracks on it!!!!!

Sunil
27-11-2003, 11:51 PM
this is no way a double pack. fgs there's 10 tracks on it!!!!!

Well 8 tracks or 10 tracks, it still kind of amounts to the same thing for me. Punish has always been a bit of fun, a novelty.. but this is why I can't take the idea of a Glenn Wilson album on Punish seriously. If this is THE Glenn Wilson album then I'll be dissappointed, an album on Planet Rhythm would give more scope for experimentation imo and would probably provide more lasting results...

Bughead
28-11-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm with Sunil on this, I would have figured Glenn to put an album out on Planet Rhythm or even on Compound in order to try and capture as much of Glenn's talents as possible, vision and music.

I will get the album just to see but the jury is still out for me.

Dez

DELTA9MDA
01-12-2003, 02:33 PM
the lp is glenn's punish style. its punish as he does it.

a planet rhythm or compound album would have another flavor to it.
its all great shit and the punish album in not defining glenn as a whole. it is glenn punish style.

MARKEG
01-12-2003, 07:45 PM
i agree.

but wouldn't a glenn wilson artist album on planet rhythm be special!!! phew.

The Overfiend
01-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Iwould like to see one on Compound, I would imagine it to be a bit more four to the floor. Or even maybe bring back colors :shock:

Heroes
02-12-2003, 12:08 AM
I decided to release my debut album on punish because i think it is the ideal platform to expose all the flavours of my past present and future production styles, because thats what i believe an album "not double pack" should be like. I should imagine theres many out there with forked tounges ready and eager to slag it, but hey iam a big boy i can take it. Although i think that most will dig it, but if ya dont maybee ya kids will :)

MARKEG
02-12-2003, 01:02 AM
:clap:

chrisis and i love ya glenn hehehehe :)

Angrymann
02-12-2003, 01:29 PM
I've not heard this yet so I can't say , but what I have found when listening to Glenn's tracks is , your never going to like them all and I reckon he's very aware of that fact , otherwise why would he have so many labels. He could bang out the same style of tune and probably keep 90% of us happy but then 90% of the time , he probably wouldn't be happy.Got to do what you want to do!!

I'm not a fan of The Punish stuff either but not all of these tracks have featured as singles , so there may be a few surprises in there. Don't condem the boy already. The way I see it , he may not always produce the kind of techno I love (like all labels except punish) but he's still producing techno and doing whatever the **** he wants, so good on him.

Good of the boy to come on and explain his position (doggy style) too.

DELTA9MDA
02-12-2003, 02:02 PM
:clap:

chrisis and i love ya glenn hehehehe :)

me too.

ampassasinbirmingham
02-12-2003, 03:13 PM
why does only glenn own punish now? what happened between the two of them? always wanted to ask them

Angrymann
02-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Was the other one Mike Humphries??

Does he not concentrate on the Player releases now or am I just making all this up

ampassasinbirmingham
02-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Was the other one Mike Humphries??

Does he not concentrate on the Player releases now or am I just making all this up

it was humphries yes. i just thought they may have fallen out or something???

DELTA9MDA
02-12-2003, 06:14 PM
what i do know is that it was either mike buys out glenn or glenn buys out mike, so glenn did. i like the direction punish is going.

Heroes
02-12-2003, 11:18 PM
well angryman its like mr marley said "you can please some people sometime, but you cant please all the people all the time"

:cry:

Sunil
03-12-2003, 02:41 AM
i'm sure I'll probably like the album (i have most of the Punish releases), but as i said already I'd prefer to see one on Planet Rhythm or Compound.. something a bit darker and serious! Anyway I'll wait until I hear the Punish album before I say anything else about it..

Adverse
03-12-2003, 02:59 AM
well angryman its like mr marley said "you can please some people sometime, but you cant please all the people all the time"

:cry:

well said glenn.

Angrymann
03-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Just to clear it up Glenn for the sake of my own paranoia , I wasn't moaning about the album I was trying to point out that people don't have to like everything. I ****ing love Pearl Jam but I don't love every song.

I think it's an impossibility to make a techno tune or album that every techno fan likes. That's why I reckon most producers don't get humpty when folk moan about it. They just sit back and quote Bob !!!

The Overfiend
03-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Seeking attention someone is? :dontevengothere:

Col
03-12-2003, 03:40 PM
what i do know is that it was either mike buys out glenn or glenn buys out mike, so glenn did. i like the direction punish is going.

yeah, what happened glenn?

The Overfiend
03-12-2003, 04:08 PM
I don't think it's any of our Business.

DELTA9MDA
03-12-2003, 05:19 PM

i second that

Adverse
03-12-2003, 06:11 PM

i second that

WELL delta of florida.. if you second that it's no one business why did you make it public knowledge.. obviously your braincap is screw upside your arse today.

Heroes
03-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Angryman you worked me out :doh: , no need for paranoia :nono:

Heroes
03-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Theres nothing to tell, mike wanted capital to put into his own musical vision, + a new bathroom :lol:. hes the proud father of a cracking little boy and he building a future for him, hats off......

The Overfiend
03-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Funny how people wanted the juicy gossipy story,
and the result is noble and responsible,
Hope he didn't disappoint the ambulance chasing public.

Sunil
03-12-2003, 08:20 PM
WELL delta of florida.. if you second that it's no one business why did you make it public knowledge.. obviously your braincap is screw upside your arse today.

who's in a picky mood today then?

ampassasinbirmingham
03-12-2003, 08:28 PM

chill winston. we dont need another sour topic.

The Overfiend
03-12-2003, 08:32 PM
http://users.lmi.net/sonyarap/makemeaman/images/hug.jpeg

lil loving.

Sunil
03-12-2003, 08:59 PM

chill winston. we dont need another sour topic.

i agree :clap:

ampassasinbirmingham
03-12-2003, 09:09 PM
were all like one big happy family

http://www.angelfire.com/ga2/adams/images/adams.gif

Col
03-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Theres nothing to tell, mike wanted capital to put into his own musical vision, + a new bathroom :lol:. hes the proud father of a cracking little boy and he building a future for him, hats off......

just out of intrest glenn (im not been intrusive) can we expect u & mike to team up in the future for a punish release?

matt303
04-12-2003, 12:03 AM
Is this album really not out until february?

Bughead
04-12-2003, 12:12 AM
hey Glenn, are you gonna be doing a Punish liveset anywhere? maybe a tour even?

ampassasinbirmingham
04-12-2003, 12:16 AM
hey Glenn, are you gonna be doing a Punish liveset anywhere? maybe a tour even?

hes playing this friday for free in birmingham

MARKEG
04-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Questions questions!!!!! Do you guys ever give up?!!?!!!!!

:dance:

MARKEG
04-12-2003, 01:35 AM
yeah mofo's sure you're down brum this friday :)

anyway back on topic.. RE: THE ALBUM!

This is some serious shit. I have to say this is the best dancefloor album I've heard all year. Full bloody stop. Make sure you get it... When is it released again Glenn - did you say Feb?

MARKEG
04-12-2003, 01:36 AM
PS Can we PLEASE stop using oversized pics?!?!! Especially those of the 18th Century type. It makes it a bit difficult to read the posts... :cool:

MARKEG
04-12-2003, 01:39 AM
In fact let me just fill this one up and then we can get onto the next page :)

hahahahhahahaa

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
xx
xx
xx

x
x
x

MARKEG
04-12-2003, 01:40 AM
next post to make it page 5 :bash:

MARKEG
04-12-2003, 01:41 AM
woooo hooooo!!!

OK back on topic for sure ;)

DELTA9MDA
04-12-2003, 02:30 AM
its glenn on punish. maybe you will get your wish on compound or planet rhythm.

Methodixxx
04-12-2003, 03:47 AM
Playing "Call Me Daddy" again this weekend for sure! It's a damn beast! :twisted:

Heroes
04-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Col ecstatic: yea hopefully next year me and mikey will get some stuff together, hes busy on his journey and iam busy on mine, but its always been the intention that we'll hook up and carry on the punish feel. :cool:

Matt303: yea afraid so, the release is 16th of feb basically because i wanna promo the arse of the release and also because distributors really like to just sell mostly back cat in january, also iam releasing just after midem, which is an anual hoooray get together of distributors and until that 1st week in feb has passed its all very slow. :rambo:

Bug head: working something with a nice punish concept for next year, so if ya visit one of the shows be prepared to be dragged up on stage and totally humiliated by one of the girls :shock:

Sunil: a planet rhythm lp was planned for last year but due to personal things that happen i lost at least 4 months producing, i have all the graphics finnished and the title for the album, i just need to fill in the audio blanks. :lol:

Bughead
04-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Bug head: working something with a nice punish concept for next year, so if ya visit one of the shows be prepared to be dragged up on stage and totally humiliated by one of the girls :shock:

Looking forward to it... bring it on....

Something BDSM? nice if ya are, now where did I leave my lycra....
:cool: :shock:

Angrymann
04-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Summer of Sam , I wasn't looking for attention , I was merely making sure that someone didn't think I was slating there work, because I wasn't.

So you thought I was sucking up and hoping that a "famous" person would talk to me. Do me a ****ing favour , I don't kiss anyone's arse and I'm not looking for anything from anyone on this site whether they be Glenn Wilson , Mark EG or ****ing Big Dave from Pontefract.

From what I remember of your posts your the boy that thinks he's hard as **** are you not!! I've not checked but I am guessing your from somehwere in good old US of A , am I right !!!! Your attitude stinks mate , you appear to me to be an arrogant, opiniated bastard, that thinks a little too much of himself. If your not from the US and happen to be from the Uk , do you fancy meeting up??

Have a nice day now

DELTA9MDA
04-12-2003, 02:25 PM
angrybro- relax.

MARKEG
04-12-2003, 02:32 PM
angrymann - chill out mate. i don't wants threats and shit in here. read the rules. save that all for many of the other message boards out there. besides we're having a talk about an album for gods sake :!:

if you have a problem like this, what purpose does it serve writing stuff like this on a music board?! Please save the rest of this argument for either PM's or get his phone number and talk it out ;) It's hard running this board and keeping it the way it is, please help make my job as easy as possible mate!!!!

King of the arena
04-12-2003, 03:46 PM
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH

wHAT

Jimfish
04-12-2003, 04:10 PM
it makes no sense king

The Overfiend
04-12-2003, 04:11 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:G29trntBBWQC:23.techno.cz/akce/tajmahal2/wilson1.jpg
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:j_5OcFJRaz4C:www.punish-records.co.uk/img/navi/logo_bottom.gif
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:XJJ43kCpvKQC:www.london-capital.com/ukshopping/images/vinyl.gif
back on topic :lol:

Sunil
07-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Sunil: a planet rhythm lp was planned for last year but due to personal things that happen i lost at least 4 months producing, i have all the graphics finnished and the title for the album, i just need to fill in the audio blanks. :lol:

sounds good :)

DELTA9MDA
02-02-2004, 08:37 PM
promo and finished copies came in the mail saturday. mmmm mmmm goood.

dJpZ
02-02-2004, 11:02 PM
cant wait :rambo:

TechnoLaydee
03-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Sorry if ive missed this but where can i get hold of a copy, it sounds quality!??

DELTA9MDA
03-02-2004, 02:52 PM
mailorder@gm-multimedia.com

TechnoLaydee
03-02-2004, 03:05 PM
For some reason it wont let me view that page it says i need to log on? :rambo:

anx
03-02-2004, 03:29 PM
its cause thats an email address not a web page :P

TechnoLaydee
03-02-2004, 03:32 PM
its cause thats an email address not a web page :P

:roll: :lol: :lol: How stupid am i!

anx
03-02-2004, 03:36 PM
its ok, your british :P

hehe

DELTA9MDA
03-02-2004, 04:54 PM
write to them and ask for michelle, she will take care of all your punishing needs.

serox
03-02-2004, 05:24 PM
anx: hahaha

like it

"cant view this damn email address" :clap:

TechnoLaydee
03-02-2004, 06:00 PM
anx: hahaha

like it

"cant view this damn email address" :clap:

i realise my mistake :oops: :oops:

anx