PDA

View Full Version : JOY @ The mint, Leeds, Bank Hol Sun 26th Aug, ROLANDO, BAS MOOY JEROEN LIEBREGTS

Kells
16-07-2007, 06:26 PM
JOY @ The Mint Club, Leeds

BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 26TH AUGUST

August Bank holiday welcomes a very special Joy party with a great line up which as ever is totally unique, fresh and original.

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1807/36990722ja7.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/7453/joyflyer2colbnew350ae1.jpg

DJ ROLANDO should need no introduction what so ever but here is a cut down version of his biog:

Though he's one of the later recruits to Detroit's Underground Resistance family, DJ Rolando (aka the Aztec Mystic) became one of the most important figures in the UR organization after two releases: his Aztec Mystic Mix, which compiled all of the label's brightest tracks in a stunning compilation; and his "Jaguar" single, a leftfield dance hit that became a flashpoint for UR's anti-major label stance. Raised in Mexicantown (right next to the Ambassador Bridge on Detroit's southwest side), Rolando grew up mixing the freestyle and hip-hop that was common currency around the area.
A friend introduced him to "Mad" Mike Banks, the leader of Underground Resistance and one of the primary figures in Motor City techno.

In early 1999, "Jaguar" had gained so much attention that Sony Germany attempted a tone-for-tone trance remake of the track for potential chart entry and inclusion on DJ albums. Underground Resistance immediately organized an uprising of record-store owners, techno purists, and underground DJs worldwide to protest the recording and boycott its release. Even while another megalabel, BMG, considered doing the same thing, Sony backed down and pulled the single. UR responded with Revenge of the Jaguar: The Mixes, an EP with remixes by Detroit figures Jeff Mills and Octave One as well as Banks himself.

His myspace page is :

http://www.myspace.com/crossroads1

AUDIO ASSAULT - LIVE

Label partners Bas Mooy and Jeroen Liebregts are at the forefront of the European techno scene and are defiantly two of the most respected up and coming artists over the last few years. Between them they have had numerous releases on labels such as Planet Rhythm, Submissions, Mastertraxx, Patterns, Temper and of course their own imprints Audio Assault and Arms.
They have been busy working the decks at many established Dutch venues/parties such as Awakenings, De Effenaar, Planet Rose, Waterfront, Het Paard van Troje, Nighttown and Simplon, but also played at many clubs and festivals throughout Europe and the US, playing in countries such as Belgium, Sweden, Poland, Austria, Malta, Scotland, USA, Croatia, Germany and debut in the UK @ JOY

ROLANDO
AUDIO ASSAULT – LIVE
(BAS MOOY & JEROEN LIEBREGTS)
JON NUCCLE
KELLS & TOTS
MISSPERCEPTION
CAINE BROWN

Doors open at 10pm

Admission £10

For any further info
07866 542 640 / joyevents@hotmail.co.uk / www.joyevents.co.uk

After party will be announced on the night

The Overfiend
16-07-2007, 07:59 PM
You guys have been spot on with the parties you are throwing.
Makes me loathe not living on your side of the globe, kudos to you, techno needs events like this, top quality.

Kells
16-07-2007, 08:21 PM
You guys have been spot on with the parties you are throwing.
Makes me loathe not living on your side of the globe, kudos to you, techno needs events like this, top quality.

Thank you, that means alot to us, respect to you :)

FUSION
21-07-2007, 09:49 PM
well up for this Audio Assault will rip the place to bits, shame its the leeds festival weekend, might try and sneek back

Frank Dogshit
21-07-2007, 11:38 PM
now the boat party is off ill be making my way over for this...

arms stuff is the way forward in good bangers

Numeric
22-07-2007, 11:36 AM
great to see the Audio Assault boyz on these shores, no one does it better at the moment...

Kells
31-07-2007, 05:29 PM
yes we are really looking forward to this one, the lads from Audio assault are sound too, they are looking forward as much as what we are, im sure they will rock it :)

Frank Dogshit
31-07-2007, 09:23 PM
got a good few heads up for this now....

100% must for any worthy techno cretin.

Kells
31-07-2007, 10:12 PM
got a good few heads up for this now....

100% must for any worthy techno cretin.

Thank you for the support, much appreciated :)

kai
01-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Hmmm.... thats my pay day that is!

Think I may have found somewhere to blow my wage nxt month lol

Mucky Beats
01-08-2007, 11:48 AM
me and oriel will be up for this i think

kittykorrupt
01-08-2007, 01:27 PM
me and oriel will be up for this i think

yes we sure are :cheese:

kai
01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Cool - give you a bell nr time mate!

Kells
01-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Oriel... get in touch over myspace :)

kittykorrupt
01-08-2007, 05:41 PM
will do :-)

Siege
04-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Having some of this i think....audio assault boys are quality.
Break my joy virginity also!

Kells
12-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Having some of this i think....audio assault boys are quality.
Break my joy virginity also!

Good to hear :)

tOM B
13-08-2007, 11:28 AM
am gutted i'm not in leeds for this one :rucrybaby:

kai
21-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Shite - just realised this is the Sunday night - had a few of us coming down for it but I got work on the Monday so gonna have to pull out!!!!

Twat!:(

278d7e64a374de26f==