PDA

View Full Version : rsj - untitled [ deep & slow ]

stjohn
18-07-2007, 04:02 PM
havnt posted for a while and i finsihed this up a week or so ago...
hope it isnt too chilled ..but its grand for a spliff or early morning gurning sessions!!

comments are more than welcome :cheese:

http://www.chrome-metronome.net/Stasis/one_again.mp3

rhythmtech
18-07-2007, 04:04 PM
production is superb on this..

i dont really listen to the style so i cant give you much advice but i cant find any fault.

top class stuff.. just a shame you're ugly.

ORIS
18-07-2007, 04:46 PM
not usually the style id listen too, but this is ****in awsum. seriously.

the synths that u got goin on sound soooo god damn good.

production is flawless imo. great stuff man.

stjohn
18-07-2007, 06:57 PM
thanks lads!! yea its not usually my style either but sometimes i liek to just go with the flow!!

im glad you's liek it anyway, thanks for the listen!1

loopdon
18-07-2007, 07:29 PM
quite partial to that kinda sound at the moment, allthough i prefer the slightly more 'neo-trancy', more melodic attempts. Production is absolutely flawless and if you don't get this signed - well then i dunno.....

i could easily see this on a cocoon\minus compilaton. seriously, mate, this is the dogs bollox production-wise. this must be one of the best-sounding tracks i have heard on here. word.

p_brane
18-07-2007, 07:51 PM
really liking this mate,

as already said, production sounds tip top.

i really like that feedback pad that comes in about quarter way through its mental man, really nagging.

good work.:cheese:

Siege
18-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Top shit rory.....like the feel and vibe, weird and eerie.
Great selection of sounds...intresting arrangment and the production as usual is super!!

Sounds finished to me.

stjohn
20-07-2007, 01:30 PM
thanks for all your comments people!! appreciate them

BRADLEE
20-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Minimal plus a whole lot more from my man Rory right here. Mate, always excellent tunes from the spaceman. Simply brilliant every single time my friend.

stjohn
30-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Minimal plus a whole lot more from my man Rory right here. Mate, always excellent tunes from the spaceman. Simply brilliant every single time my friend.

the spaceman?? kinda has a ring to it!:cool:

Jay Pace
30-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Superb stuff dude.

Clever use of reverb, masses of space in the mix, production is top drawer.
Really nice characterful synth sounds, crisp well syncopated percussion.
Nice contrast between shuffly upbeat percussion and fairly melancholic eerie background sounds. Too much minimal either ends up as cartoon shufflefests or overly nothingy spacey verbed bleeps. And both are rubbish in my book.

Cool edits as well.

Stylistically I could easily see this being picked up by one of the bigger minimal labels. You could make it a bit more commercially orientated by having more bass/ a bassline? and less spacey noises, but this is a question of taste.

Dead impressed dude. Haven't managed to listen to anything in here for ages, this is ace to come back to.

BloodStar
04-08-2007, 12:50 PM
nice minimalistic track. i like all the lead sounds, and the kick sounds proper aswel. really nice funk you have got there. i like it as it. production sounds nice.

Tyrisia
05-08-2007, 01:51 AM
great minimal executed very well, for the type of music it is it's better than alot I've heard, when it kinda drops in at 2.15 sounds ace. I ain't a true minimal fan really so can't really comment too much on style, but it's good production-wise and arrangement-wise, so a thumbs-up is definitely due man :BigThumbUp:.

Radic
05-08-2007, 05:39 AM
listening now. nice sound. kick sounds sweet. track building up.....nice clicky sounds u got there mixed with the drone type o sounds. mad track mate easily danceable for a nice recovery session and kept me interested throughout.

278d7e64a374de26f==