PDA

View Full Version : rhythm technologies - oxidised

rhythmtech
20-07-2007, 05:44 PM
ears are totally mashed at the moment so tha mix aint too hot but comments would be more than welcome

www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-oxidised.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/rhythmtechnologies/rhythm_technologies-oxidised.mp3)

BRADLEE
20-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Damn Baz, another cool bit from you homie. I like very much in style. Perfect dancefloor tune for the club or a big warehouse. Think maybe the kicks could pop out a touch more, but overall sounds really cool to me my friend.

You've been on a serious roll lately Baz. Any new methods or phylosophy behind you being able to crank them out so fast lately?

rhythmtech
20-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Damn Baz, another cool bit from you homie. I like very much in style. Perfect dancefloor tune for the club or a big warehouse. Think maybe the kicks could pop out a touch more, but overall sounds really cool to me my friend.

You've been on a serious roll lately Baz. Any new methods or phylosophy behind you being able to crank them out so fast lately?

yeah.. shit weather :laughing:

ORIS
21-07-2007, 01:17 AM
m8. thats one seriously avin' it track.

the synths u got going on sound sooooo f'ing gooooood.

Quality Track.

teknotika
21-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I like this shit a lot...
Could kick it up more...
Synths are awesome.

acidguru
21-07-2007, 01:41 PM
yeah.. shit weather :laughing:If that´s the right kind of medicine,let it rain cats and dogs in London for 4 weeks non-stop!!!Nice and powerful tune again btw!

rhythmtech
21-07-2007, 02:20 PM
cheers guys.

im liking this as a building block for a track but theres a lot of elements i wanna change and the mix is just mucky..

ill keep it updated anyway

Craig_Lea
23-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey RhythmTech, overall I really like this.
I like the main hook, and the percussion gives it a nice shuffling feel.

I particularly like the rising intensity before it kicks in proper at 54 seconds.

The sweeping stereo build up is very effective.
I can imagine that working well on the dancefloor.
The only problem i have with it is at 3 mins 25, 3 mins 27, 3 mins 30, 3 mins 34 and 2 mins 35, where it gets faster.
It's like the switch is slightly too sudden at those points, particularly at 3 mins 25, 27 and 30.
I think it would sound better if these changes were announced somehow a beat or two before. Say with a 1 or 2 beat fill of some description.
It might be due to the percussion underneath, because it doesn't sound like at each of those points it switches up on the same beat/hit of percussion on each bar.
Maybe it's all intentional but it sounds a bit strange to my ears.

Other than that i think it builds up nicely from there, with some nice pattern switching as the track progresses..
The layers then drop out cleanly towards the end, making it flow nicely.

If you are planning on changing it about a bit, from my personal tastes, I would like to hear it get a fair bit more intense after the breakdown.
Where the hook rises in intensity at the start, maybe you would be able to use where that ends at 54 seconds, and then use that as a starting point for raising the intensity again, and then slamming back into the track?
Just a thought.

Siege
24-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Nice little tune there baz...agree with you doing more to it though..
definate dance floor vibes.

Slink
27-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm liking a lot of elements in this, but the production sounds a bit confused, maybe you should try a bit more eq separation in the mid range, and tone down a bit of the distortion in the percussion - just my two pence worth, hope this is helpful...

rhythmtech
27-07-2007, 06:06 PM
at the moment its only just a kinda sketch of ideas.. will be getting back to it soon enough though.

Slink
27-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to jump the gun :)

Anyway, I'm about to post one of my tunes in a sec so you can get yer own back hehehe...

278d7e64a374de26f==