PDA

View Full Version : Little Fella! - 'Mind Speak'

Little_Fella!
21-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Here's a Little dittie that will need some advice... :cheese:

http://www.dj-tony-c.co.uk/dirtybass/Productions/Little%20Fella!%20-%20Mind%20Speak.mp3

All critiscisms welcome!:cool:

stjohn
25-07-2007, 02:31 PM
howya..caught a listen to ths the other day and forgot to comment...
great spaciousness in the track... kinda feels like its going to be a breakbeat track or soemthgn the way it begins...
the balance seems to be spot on, and the sounds work well. my only comment would be to try and encorporate a bit of funk/groove in there.. you know maybe a funk bassline or percussiion or something.. it might help the tune carry a bit more !!

look forward to any updates mate :;

thomas_figo
27-07-2007, 12:12 AM
it could do with a bit more progresion i reckon

dirty_bass
27-07-2007, 04:53 AM
Eye.
Well the production marks your progress well, and We`ve already spoke about where next.
Asthetically I would say the main pattern could be varied more in placement (some off kilter syncopation would be nice now and again).
And definitely a bassline to play off of the main riff would be great. I think maybe using a bassline and the lead riff to duel each other as the main drive would be interesting (and in keeping with the thoughtful theme).
I like the old skool minimalism of this, simple but strong elements tend to be more effective on a soundsystem (leading to that riff that never ends on the way home effect) than overly complex sounds wars, when it comes to moving the feet.

Love the breakdown in this, works well, even though the pace is completely dropped away.

I think this could be taken as the first master draft of something that could be taken to a more realised completion.

Slink
27-07-2007, 05:55 PM
I think the old school riff is great but a DB said, it needs to be varied a lot more to justify running throughout the whole tune, and a question / answer routine with a bassline would definitely help break it up a lot more.

Also, the open hat sounds like it needs to either be pitched down slightly or if there's a high pass filer on it, roll it off a bit lower so the hat has more presence in the mix.

But great potential, with a little more fine tuning it could be a wicked track.

Little_Fella!
28-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Yeah, very good feedback there...

The only change in this is that I reverse the initial riff pattern after the break which created more pace...

Really like the idea of playin off against a bassline n bringin in some syncopation (I checked dictionary.com for that one! hehee:briggin: )...

This will definitely bring the tune more upto date and help me create a bit of a story...

Cheers chaps...:cool:

Craig_Lea
30-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Really liked this, the main hook in particular is quite infectious.
It was floating round my head for a bit after I'd finished listening.

The main thing about it is at the moment it sounds like one of those tracks that is good, but you feel is a slightly wasted oppurtunity, as it could be loads better.
Not from any of the sounds, but as Thomas said, the lack of progression.
After the breakdown I feel that you need to take it up another level, make it more intense.
Possibly even contort the main hook.
It's a short track at the moment, so you've got enough time to build it up a bit more.

The only other thing is the breakdown itself.
It builds up nicely, but it doesn't slam back into the track, which makes it a little bit disappointing.
People need to be able to tell when it's going to kick back in, and at the moment it just kind of starts again without any indication that it's going to do so.

Looking forward to hearing the next incarnation :)

Jay Pace
30-07-2007, 06:41 PM
That hook is deadly.

This track could absolutely murder, its got real old school energy to it, that weird sense of menace you get in old school synth patterns.

Crying out for a bassline IMO, and the kick sounds a bit weedy and gets lost in the mix. The cymbals sound a bit too loud to my ears, but I'm on headphones.

I'd put more beef in the kick, reinforce the synth hook with a complimentary bassline and balance the highs a bit more.

This could be lethal though. Love the old school vibe you've got.
Looking forward to hearing the final version dude.

Little_Fella!
01-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Cheers for the encouraging feedback there matey...

I will definitely attend to the areas that you've pin pointed and feel that the ideas mentioned here will certainly bring the tune to a more upto date standard...

Marvelous...:cool:

rhythmtech
01-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Cheers for the encouraging feedback there matey...

I will definitely attend to the areas that you've pin pointed and feel that the ideas mentioned here will certainly bring the tune to a more upto date standard...

Marvelous...:cool:

nothing to add here.. good tune. needs variation and a big bassline.. also seems a little "nice".. could do with a slap of some tube.

good job

BloodStar
01-08-2007, 03:25 PM
hey mate. quite nice track. i like the main synth riff. it sounds nice. maybe some more element as support or contra to this sound would be nice. some percs, or some clever grooves here and there..
production sounds quite good, i think. add some killer groove or bassline in there and you have got very nice track.. good good.

Little_Fella!
02-08-2007, 01:00 AM
The main thing about it is at the moment it sounds like one of those tracks that is good, but you feel is a slightly wasted oppurtunity, as it could be loads better.[/FONT]
Not from any of the sounds, but as Thomas said, the lack of progression.
After the breakdown I feel that you need to take it up another level, make it more intense.
Possibly even contort the main hook.
It's a short track at the moment, so you've got enough time to build it up a bit more.

The only other thing is the breakdown itself.
It builds up nicely, but it doesn't slam back into the track, which makes it a little bit disappointing.
People need to be able to tell when it's going to kick back in, and at the moment it just kind of starts again without any indication that it's going to do so.

Looking forward to hearing the next incarnation :)

Yeah, some very good points there... I kept it quite linear so I could concentrate on the production before moving it on to another level. I'm certainly going to work on the intensity...

Glad you mentioned re. the break indicating when the tune will kick back in... I have been musing over this and your right, the listener does need that emphasis... but I wanted to keep it as far away from the cliche'd snare roll as possible - something different, but I can't think what yet

Cheers for that Craig:cool:

Little_Fella!
02-08-2007, 01:09 AM
hey mate. quite nice track. i like the main synth riff. it sounds nice. maybe some more element as support or contra to this sound would be nice. some percs, or some clever grooves here and there.. production sounds quite good, i think. add some killer groove or bassline in there and you have got very nice track.. good good.

Nice one Vladsta...
Good to have your input n I'm gonna have a good think about what you've highlighted...

Thanks matey...:cool:

Siege
03-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Nice tune mate.. as already said really, get some little variations in there,..bit more of a tweak and your laughing.

278d7e64a374de26f==