PDA

View Full Version : ***dj Equipment Reviews***

RDR
23-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Place your DJ equipment reviews here!

Aratron starts with his review of the new kams i believe!

GO!

please keep these in the following format

1. TECH SPECS

2. PROS/CONS

3. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

4. RANT

Aratron
23-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Vestax PDX 2000

Tech Specs - More Torque than Technics , straight arm

Pros - much easier to beatmatch, scratch, any turntablist activity, imo can be done better on these than the technics.
they come with dark dust-covers, which really complement the design.
overall just a better package for any serious vinyl dj.

Cons - Get the Vestax PDX pros the pitch slider is a bit too slippy on these, but liveable. dont look as sturdy as the technics and don't have the same amount of prestige.

Personal Experience. Very reliable. just a dream to use and own.

Rant. Why the **** do cretins buy Technics? you can pick up a second hand pair of these for next to nothing and get ripped off by Technics

eyeswithoutaface
23-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Rant. Why the **** do cretins buy Technics? you can pick up a second hand pair of these for next to nothing and get ripped off by Technics

so cretins like you can try and justify the products they choose by slagging off other products for, seemingly, no apparent reason

maybe?

Aratron
23-07-2007, 08:04 PM
so cretins like you can try and justify the products they choose by slagging off other products for, seemingly, no apparent reason

maybe?

go **** yourself wanker. the category is called rant.

rant as say what ever the **** you like

eyeswithoutaface
23-07-2007, 08:17 PM
go **** yourself wanker. the category is called rant.

rant as say what ever the **** you like

errrr exactly. Which is what i did

chill out son, go put the tin hat on

RDR
23-07-2007, 08:53 PM
oh good grief..

:(

eyeswithoutaface
23-07-2007, 09:00 PM
what???

Siege
24-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Whats arratrons problem?? Cretins?? go **** yourself??

RDR
24-07-2007, 07:57 AM
@ Calvin - Some more tech specs please.. proper ones.. torq figures, what buttons you have on it, weight etc

@EWOAF - You and calvin arguing is what i meant..

eyeswithoutaface
24-07-2007, 09:00 AM
@ Calvin - Some more tech specs please.. proper ones.. torq figures, what buttons you have on it, weight etc

@EWOAF - You and calvin arguing is what i meant..

not arguing mate, he replied in typically over the top fashion so i wound him up some more. As Siege said, what's his problem? It's a product review, why call alot of people cretins for choosing a different deck? That's just weird, and worthy of being wound up :)

Aratron
24-07-2007, 11:06 AM
not arguing mate, he replied in typically over the top fashion so i wound him up some more. As Siege said, what's his problem? It's a product review, why call alot of people cretins for choosing a different deck? That's just weird, and worthy of being wound up :)

worked on you then eh, and siege:; :laughing:

eyeswithoutaface
24-07-2007, 11:37 AM
worked on you then eh, and siege:; :laughing:

errrr yeah, how you fooled us hey :whoops:

Jay Pace
24-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok, two bits of my setup

Cycloops/Peavey Grabber

24/96 sampling
1/2/4/4/8/16 bar loop functions
Seamless looping, calculates loop start and finish points.

2. PROS/CONS

PROS

Nice solid piece of metal, rugged and stands up to some bashing.

Dead good for loops - punch the button and it samples a perfectly sliced loop from the start of the bar, and finishes perfectly at the end.

The BPM engine adjusts the loop to keep it the same speed as whatever the bpm detection tells it - so if you speed up your track the unit speeds up the loop to keep it in sync

The sync of the unit is very impressive, and you can pull off what sound like very complicated layered 3/4 deck mixes using this little tool. Takes a while to figure out how you are going to use it, but you can get some great results once you are used to it.

CONS - would be great if it had the ability to store loops. They disappear as soon as you unplug the unit. Also it can crash from time to time, and needs to be reset. No biggie though.

3. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Love it. Adds another layer to your mixing, serves as a virtual 3rd & 4th deck and the seamless looping function can both get you out of trouble quickly, or let you pull off nightmarishly complex mixes with ease.

4. RANT

There shoudl be a store function, Power supply is a bit weedy and it should screw on for more stability. Overall though its a winning bit of kit, especiially for techno.

Jay Pace
24-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Other bit

Final Scratch 2

Tech specs: going to direct you to the website, to complex to go into

PROs/CONs

Digital djing changes how you buy music, listen to music and play music.
Vinyl control dicks on midi controllers and CDJs.
Traktor3 is a nifty piece of software.
Digital sound quality dicks on worn vinyl and dirty needles (if done properly)

CONs

The instability is terrifying when playing out. The setup is ok in itself, very seldom crashes of its own accord but one broken link in the signal chain and your ****ed. Always pack a bag of emergency records.

3. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

FS2 got me buying records again. For 99p a pop, why not just buy then all? I' gave up buying £8 EPs a while back, just didn't have the wonga. Now I can buy a whole new record box worth on a whim.
More records makes you more adventurous, and you start putting random things together are revelling in the beauty of it all.
Searching for records takes milliseconds, not minutes

Chaotic review, sorry haven't stuck to the structure

RANT:

Why no rewire support? Why can't I run it with ableton?
Why can't I run 3 decks? Why did stanton break with native instruments, leaving me high and dry?

RDR
24-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Nice one J

Good reivews there.

Anyone care to add their opinions on these pieces of equipment?

basslinejunkie
24-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Ok, two bits of my setup

Cycloops/Peavey Grabber

24/96 sampling
1/2/4/4/8/16 bar loop functions
Seamless looping, calculates loop start and finish points.

2. PROS/CONS

PROS

Nice solid piece of metal, rugged and stands up to some bashing.

Dead good for loops - punch the button and it samples a perfectly sliced loop from the start of the bar, and finishes perfectly at the end.

The BPM engine adjusts the loop to keep it the same speed as whatever the bpm detection tells it - so if you speed up your track the unit speeds up the loop to keep it in sync

The sync of the unit is very impressive, and you can pull off what sound like very complicated layered 3/4 deck mixes using this little tool. Takes a while to figure out how you are going to use it, but you can get some great results once you are used to it.

CONS - would be great if it had the ability to store loops. They disappear as soon as you unplug the unit. Also it can crash from time to time, and needs to be reset. No biggie though.

3. PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Love it. Adds another layer to your mixing, serves as a virtual 3rd & 4th deck and the seamless looping function can both get you out of trouble quickly, or let you pull off nightmarishly complex mixes with ease.

4. RANT

There shoudl be a store function, Power supply is a bit weedy and it should screw on for more stability. Overall though its a winning bit of kit, especiially for techno.

sounds excellent that

278d7e64a374de26f==