PDA

View Full Version : rsj - order of the solar temple [ tough ]

stjohn
28-07-2007, 07:56 PM
new track.. a bit harder than my last few !!
what do u think of the breakdown? a bit messy?
feedback welcome

www.chrome-metronome.net/Order_of_the_Solar_Temple.mp3

rhythmtech
28-07-2007, 09:28 PM
still liking this..

that 2nd kick sounds a lot better now but could be more punchy IMO

seems to be lacking in mid/low end percussion?

the synths are lovely and warped

Siege
29-07-2007, 10:58 AM
Good stuff rory....think the drop sounds pretty good...love the f***ed up fairground type riff that follows.

stjohn
30-07-2007, 03:30 PM
yea shes a weird one alright#!!! cheers for the listens

BRADLEE
30-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I like how crazy the tune sounds personally homie. You already know my thoughts. Sounds even better now with the edit work my friend.

BloodStar
04-08-2007, 12:58 PM
nice tune. i like the funk you have got there. also all those twisted sounds nice. it sounds nicely sick after breakdown. i am enjoying it.. production soudns nice, imo.

fatcollective
08-08-2007, 11:53 AM
****in mental man, my only suggestion would be to get rid of the 4/4 hit hats, snare etc... because they seem to uniform for the style of the track.

all the tracks i've heard from you are wikid, really diffrent and well written!! good man!! :;

stjohn
09-08-2007, 04:53 AM
thanks lads... i appreciate the feedback loads coz this tune is gettin pressed i think :)
the hats are quite rigid yea.. im tempted to go back and put some ruff ass high end percussony suff to beef it up!!

maybe some updates soon ;)
thanks again

edit... what are your opinions on the kick?? ive been told to beef it up a bit.. which makes sense.. but also sometimes the tight subtle kicks can come accross a big system Massively!!

BRADLEE
09-08-2007, 07:27 AM
thanks lads... i appreciate the feedback loads coz this tune is gettin pressed i think :)
the hats are quite rigid yea.. im tempted to go back and put some ruff ass high end percussony suff to beef it up!!

maybe some updates soon ;)
thanks again

edit... what are your opinions on the kick?? ive been told to beef it up a bit.. which makes sense.. but also sometimes the tight subtle kicks can come accross a big system Massively!!

I listened on the monitors and I say leave it as it is.....

dirty_bass
09-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Love it.
Don`t change a thing, that kick rawks when you crank the volume, it`s subtle for home listening, but you`ve totally got some serious sub power behind it (I love these kind of kicks).
I`d say the low mids/high bass is a little cloudy (that horrible 200hz region we all hate), and could do with a sharper scalpel to clean it up.
Other than that, Yummmyyy!!!

Jay Pace
09-08-2007, 02:00 PM
This is wicked.
Weird wonky offbeat disconcerting shuffle to it. Great noises, nice development and the breakdown is in keeping with the general feel of the track

stjohn
09-08-2007, 04:56 PM
thanks loads for the words of confidence boyos!!! ill have a look at the 200 hz region

Little_Fella!
13-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Goddamn....

That riff is soooo infectious.. Irish jig/cowboy hoe-down meets proper groovin' techno.... very very catchy:;

It's kind of a concept that could go horribly wrong, but here the combination is balanced perfectly... this will generate a ridiculous amount of thigh slapping - on a Techno dancefloor!:cheese:

Sometimes you come across a tune and think, "I wish I'd written that one..", and this is one of those moments...:cool:

judas_beast
23-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Link doesn't work for me?! :( I want to hear it!

278d7e64a374de26f==