PDA

View Full Version : Post about the music!

MARK ANXIOUS
30-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Damn it took me ages to clean this forum up today. To many ppl posting links. Surely this forum is about techno discussion? Al this hype/talk/release reviews/appreciation/roll calls/links/sets is too much. There are sections for that here. This section is about the music and to discuss the music :) To all members: Post ya real techno discussion!! Would be much appreciated:)

dirty_bass
30-07-2007, 02:33 AM
With 11 sub forums just to the techno section alone, I think the forum itself needs cleaning up.
To many sub forums spreading the few conversations over too many separate areas.
Classic forum, acid foum, electro forum, discussion forum, release forum, files forum, core foum, monday forum, anytime between 3 and 4 in the afternoon forum.
I think it`s time to minimise and Coalesce.
There`s far too much fragmentation, pidgeon holing and blinkered vision as it is. I think if you want to promote unity and postivity, then this forum should represent that a little more in it`s appearance.
But that just be my humble little opinion as devils advocado.

SlavikSvensk
30-07-2007, 03:08 AM
With 11 sub forums just to the techno section alone, I think the forum itself needs cleaning up.
To many sub forums spreading the few conversations over too many separate areas.
Classic forum, acid foum, electro forum, discussion forum, release forum, files forum, core foum, monday forum, anytime between 3 and 4 in the afternoon forum.
I think it`s time to minimise and Coalesce.
There`s far too much fragmentation, pidgeon holing and blinkered vision as it is. I think if you want to promote unity and postivity, then this forum should represent that a little more in it`s appearance.
But that just be my humble little opinion as devils advocado.

totally agree.

techno forum
releases forum
events forum

...maybe an acid forum since that seems to be well used still, but classic and dark/experimental forums = deadweight.

Si the Sigh
30-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Sorry, I don't see why you've been on a massive clear up TBH. It's all talk about techno. I agree there are way too many sub forums on here.

dirty_bass
30-07-2007, 02:47 PM
totally agree.

techno forum
releases forum
events forum

...maybe an acid forum since that seems to be well used still, but classic and dark/experimental forums = deadweight.

I don`t even see why acid needs a separate forum really.
I mean, the guys who invented the music don`t just play that, henry, chris et all play a variety of music in their sets, it`s just encouraging separatism, which is half of the problem within the scene.
In these dark days of techno`s decline, as everything goes back underground I think we should all be mixing it up again.

Mucky Beats
30-07-2007, 03:06 PM
is this because of my guy mixing tapes post heheheehehehehehe..... i'll get my coat!

Si the Sigh
30-07-2007, 03:15 PM
...and my techno based recommend a CD thread?

Chuck my coat over whilst your there mate! :) :)

SlavikSvensk
30-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I don`t even see why acid needs a separate forum really.
I mean, the guys who invented the music don`t just play that, henry, chris et all play a variety of music in their sets, it`s just encouraging separatism, which is half of the problem within the scene.
In these dark days of techno`s decline, as everything goes back underground I think we should all be mixing it up again.

i was just thinking in terms of use. otherwise, yeah. the fewer artificla divisions the better.

278d7e64a374de26f==