PDA

View Full Version : Worst techno mix CDs...

teknorich
30-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Reading that thread about recommending good techno mix CDs made me think of the bad ones too.

For example - Dave Clarkes' World Service CD pack is fcking amazing. I LOVE it!!!

But... World Service 2 is awful!!! Just got no vibe or feeling to it at all. I have no idea how he managed that after the first one was so good. I listened to it maybe twice and it didn't involve me at all...

Any other examples of bad mixes? Not necessarily tecnhically bad, just mixes which don't create an atmosphere or don't pull you in.

=)

teknorich
30-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Or maybe the Steve Rachmad mix CD that came off the front of DJ magazine recently.

Utter sh*te.

djfilthmonger
30-07-2007, 10:04 AM
not sure about world service 1 either its farily baddly mixed cool choons do.

teknorich
30-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah, with WS 1 it's the tracklist that gets me for sure. Quality stomping techno!
It's just funny how some CDs just don't pull you in. Even if you listen to it a few times, it just doesn't grow on you.

Si the Sigh
30-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Or maybe the Steve Rachmad mix CD that came off the front of DJ magazine recently.

Utter sh*te.

Agreed! Utter toss. Really wanted it to be good as well...

eyeswithoutaface
30-07-2007, 10:53 AM
best commercially available Clarke mixes are FUSE presents and the Electro Boogie series by far. World Service 1 is good but not gotten round to checking out World Service 2.

Best ever techno mix is Claude Young Dj Kicks closely followed by Liquid Rooms i'd say

worst, well, i cant really remember coming across any really awful commercial mixes, of course mixes with magazines are always going to be woeful, with the odd exception popping up now and then. The old mixmag series was classic

djfilthmonger
30-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Yeah Fuse presents is great , a great mixed cd also is christian smith tronic treament

DannyBlack
30-07-2007, 03:49 PM
one of my first mixes, 'stick it in ya dick mix'... god awful, no soul in it at all, i listened to a while back and crinched my face off.

The Overfiend
30-07-2007, 04:20 PM
That Fuse presents Dave Clarke mix is a classic, I remember some dummy asked me if it was messed up because Dave Clarke was beat jumping a Technasia track.

Resistor Records
30-07-2007, 04:59 PM
That Fuse presents Dave Clarke mix is a classic, I remember some dummy asked me if it was messed up because Dave Clarke was beat jumping a Technasia track.

back in the day when he used to do that, instead of letting the pioneer do it for him :P

teknotika
30-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Worst mix?
My first one :)

278d7e64a374de26f==