PDA

View Full Version : Help...........

JohnBlack
30-07-2007, 05:37 PM
I`ve just bought a lead that runs from my mixer too my computer so i can record my mixing (",)

I`ve checked a few other forums for free software to record it and a few people has said "Audacity" is a good one, so i`ve just downloaded it and tried but i cant seem to sort the levels out and it records it too loud (i`ve fiddled with the gain and still too loud) and also i cant play it on windows media, which i want to do as i want to do CD`s..........

Does anyone else have suggestions on software i can use, the cheaper the better cos i`m tight ha ha

Any help muchly appreciated ;)

rhythmtech
30-07-2007, 05:38 PM
audcity is fine.. you just need to turn down your input level on your soundcard.. and make sure you plugged into the "line" input and not the mic

stjohn
30-07-2007, 05:43 PM
if you are just using the normal card on your computer...

start - programs - accesories - entertainment - volume control...

then options - poperties and select recording
then change the wave in level

JohnBlack
30-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Excellent, cheers for the help guys, but how do i copy it to a cd?? as windows media wont play audacity files??

JohnBlack
30-07-2007, 06:10 PM
if you are just using the normal card on your computer...

start - programs - accesories - entertainment - volume control...

then options - poperties and select recording
then change the wave in level

When i go to entertainment it only comes up with real player or windows media???????

rhythmtech
30-07-2007, 06:42 PM
When i go to entertainment it only comes up with real player or windows media???????

try control panel - sounds & audio devices

rhythmtech
30-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Excellent, cheers for the help guys, but how do i copy it to a cd?? as windows media wont play audacity files??

you need to save it as an mp3 or .wav file

JohnBlack
30-07-2007, 06:47 PM
you need to save it as an mp3 or .wav file

How do i do that?? ha ha call me stupid if u like ha ha

Mindful
30-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I havent used audcity but I guess you go to..... file - save as - and there should be an option for mp3/wav ect

RDR
30-07-2007, 07:58 PM
There is only an option to save as .WAV in audacity unless you install the lame mp3 encoder, and looking at your skills john i reckon its beyond you man.. not being rude like... :)

a WAV file will burn onto a CD just fine.

You can use windows media player (from version 7 onwards) to burn an audio CD as long as you import your WAV into a playlist, although TBH i would probably download and install itunes... it does things better. (IMO)

JohnBlack
30-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Well cheers for all the advice guys, but i`ve decided to go for Goldwave, untill i get a copy of Soundforge of my mate, seems a bit easier to use, and i can play my mixes in windows media ;)

RDR
30-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Well cheers for all the advice guys, but i`ve decided to go for Goldwave, untill i get a copy of Soundforge of my mate, seems a bit easier to use, and i can play my mixes in windows media ;)

if you get results john it doesnt matter what you use!

good on ya.

JohnBlack
31-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Cheers dude, i`ll post a mix up here when i`m done ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==