PDA

View Full Version : and so the dark abstract forum is gone...

Resistor Records
31-07-2007, 02:02 AM
... only to be chatted about here a bit more. great stuff.

i was recently going on about architect in there, ****ing ace!!!!! check out some of his techno on here. really really good. what a player!!
http://www.myspace.com/architectmusic

MARK ANXIOUS
31-07-2007, 12:19 PM
yeah well after everyone was on about it, i thought well i'll do it and see what happens. it should get the discussion a bit more varied in here. nice 1 to everyone who was big part of that when it was really buzzin in there though. :cool:

digitalboy
31-07-2007, 02:06 PM
I rekon the core forum is sticking out like a sore thumb, and it's not getting much airing, mark.

I'm thinking it has a lot more in common with the us boy's who scan the hard dance and Trance forums.

not sure what asylum would say, but i'm thinking it's decent suggestion.:)

stjohn
31-07-2007, 03:31 PM
its still there... its just so dark that you cant see it anymore!

31-07-2007, 04:19 PM
i think more "cleaning" should be done...we have def to much forums

Resistor Records
31-07-2007, 04:45 PM
either that, or chatting about such topics that scare the regualrs in here so much that they demand the wierdos get annexed into their own forum again.

heres a topic, tubgirl and goatse images and their influence on modern techno :P hee hee

MARK ANXIOUS
01-08-2007, 01:20 AM
well i would say i need more input from you guys. how would you do this?? i agree we have too many forums. the thing is, i know boa is a techno label and you'd expect just techno forums, but this somewhere ppl come who support me as a dj too and i do play alot of hard dance venues - it's just me trying to get ppl into this music. having those other forums on here, gets ppl into techno. which is exactly why i do this. i'm always trying so hard to get ppl into this music, it's my mission...

perhaps i should sort my own 'dj' forum out .. then we have the boa forum as a major link, and then the hard dance thing on another seperate forum.. hmm....

i think it's time for stage 2.. get a bit more focused in here.... \

let me know your thoughts ppl...

:)

mark

rhythmtech
01-08-2007, 01:31 AM
i personally think the acid forum should stay

remeber the problems we had b4 with the constant slagging going on?

anyway.. acid to me has always had a kind of "select" following and the section is busy enough to warrant it staying i reckon.

dirty_bass
01-08-2007, 02:55 AM
i personally think the acid forum should stay

remeber the problems we had b4 with the constant slagging going on?

anyway.. acid to me has always had a kind of "select" following and the section is busy enough to warrant it staying i reckon.

I think the slagging of acid techno died off a long time ago with the departure of most of the black polar neckers.
I think everyone can get along now.
Blackout seems to be leaning more towards the party and hard dancey side of techno these days anyway.

SlavikSvensk
01-08-2007, 07:06 AM
well i would say i need more input from you guys. how would you do this?? i agree we have too many forums. the thing is, i know boa is a techno label and you'd expect just techno forums, but this somewhere ppl come who support me as a dj too and i do play alot of hard dance venues - it's just me trying to get ppl into this music. having those other forums on here, gets ppl into techno. which is exactly why i do this. i'm always trying so hard to get ppl into this music, it's my mission...

perhaps i should sort my own 'dj' forum out .. then we have the boa forum as a major link, and then the hard dance thing on another seperate forum.. hmm....

i think it's time for stage 2.. get a bit more focused in here.... \

let me know your thoughts ppl...

:)

mark

you're thinking people want more changes than they do, i think. the only thing people want you to do is consolidate the techno forums into a more manageable group. has nothing to do with whether to keep the non-techno stuff, just get rid of a couple forums that have little activity and can work just as well in the techno forum. i.e. the dark (now gone), classic, electro, maybe acid.

the way i see it, best would be:

techno discussion
techno releases
techno events
techno filez
(maybe separate acid techno page here too)

techno production
techno production filez
dj forum

hard dance stuff (however you want it to look)

chill out
metropolis
sports
games

tech support
mods page

the non-techno stuff is fine...you know whatever this started as, it's a community now, and a lot of people mostly post in the general pages when they're not posting in the music pages, but then they come back rather than wander off to another site. so i really would strongly advise not to tinker too much with things...just pare down the number of music pages by a few.

Si the Sigh
01-08-2007, 07:38 AM
I think the classic techno forum should go, as that can merge with the main techno forum. I think the core forum should move to the hard dance, and the only reason is most events have hard dance and hardcore, I think the acid forum should stay. There's so many people posting there that I feel the main techno forum would get swamped with acid techno posts.

koma
01-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I think the core forum should move to the hard dance

god forbid

and the only reason is most events have hard dance and hardcore

blame the promoters for that :cheese:
i mean, its like putting psy trance and schranz on the same floor...

dirty_bass
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
I think the acid forum should stay. There's so many people posting there that I feel the main techno forum would get swamped with acid techno posts.

I think your right in a way.
But also for newbies coming on to the forum, to just see a very busy techno forum, is much more inviting than the same posts split over more sub forums maybe.

MITA
01-08-2007, 03:50 PM
definitley..and whos dark to the bone has their own nursery
since theyve left boa for the same reasons

SlavikSvensk
01-08-2007, 03:56 PM
people stay only if they post and there are replies. having too many nitpicky forums without a lot of traffic keeps people from posting. i'd say if a forum doesn't get more than 2 new posts per day on average, merge it with something else.

The Overfiend
02-08-2007, 04:29 AM
The Nursery.
indeed

278d7e64a374de26f==