PDA

View Full Version : Smith Leaving United?

Numeric
31-07-2007, 01:49 PM
apparently Roy Keane has shown an interest in Smith, but a number of other clubs are said to be in the reckoning too, including Newcastle and Everton...

Smith is said to have turned down a move to 'Boro...

sad to see Smithy go, but wish him the best wherever he ends up...

Insomnia
31-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I thought the deal with Middlesbrough was as good as done, obviously not...

Sunderland would be a good move for him though, i'm sure Keano would get the best out of him....

Numeric
31-07-2007, 02:18 PM
aye, wouldn't be so bad to see Smith serving under Keane at Sunderland...

just hope he doesn't score an important goal against United next season...

french_og
31-07-2007, 06:19 PM
He is a 100% player and would be a good asset in most squads.

dee
01-08-2007, 01:07 AM
weve jus sold frikkin rossi , though he was gunna be a good player grrrr:censored:

Numeric
01-08-2007, 08:47 AM
aye, heard about Rossi this mornin, i was hopin that that he'd get his chance, and after his goal scoring exploits in Italy on loan, thought he'd play a part for United this season...

ah well...

kai
01-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Yeah sad to see us selling a good talent like him.

Think he would have struggled to make his mark for us though really, as perhaps it lightweight for English game so may not ever have got the run in the side he'd need to adapt - think he'll be a lot more suited to Spanish or Italian football so only fair to let the lad go really - especially as fee is supposed to be 6.7 million so its good business for us too.

Wish the lad all the best for his future career.

Maybe we'll keep Smithy now! Doubt it but would hope so as really rate the lad and think he should be playing regularly nxt season

Numeric
01-08-2007, 02:56 PM
latest is that Smith may be moving to West Ham...

kai
01-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Don't like prospect of that.... not exactly my favourite team at the moment with the whole Tevez saga... prefer to see him at any of the other clubs linked to him really... don't feel we should be helping West Ham out by selling them a replacement for Tevez when their being so awkward... admittedly its more the Premier League to blame and seems West Ham's hands are tied but even so...

kai
01-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Just read on the Utd website we have a clause in his contract with Villareal allowing us to buy him back at a future date.... good piece of business that I reckon

Numeric
02-08-2007, 09:47 PM
apparently Newcastle have agreed a 6 million pound fee for Smith...

278d7e64a374de26f==