PDA

View Full Version : Killer Riff - The Competition

Little_Fella!
02-08-2007, 01:35 AM
I'll bet I can knack you lot to the top of the 'Killer Riff Kings' leader board once I put this through the effects chain of death::ruevil:

1. Chorus/Flanger : 2. Grain shifter : 3. Impulse Response Reverb :
4. Bit crusher : 5. Baxxpander :
6. Multi-band compressor (set to 'Aggressive as ***K!) : 7. Kitchen Sink

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/hb/hb_1975.59.jpg

Any Takers....??:rurazz:

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 01:52 AM
sorry buddy..

the killer riff crown has already been taken by davethedrummer on "build up the pressure"

and ill hear no arguments.. anyone that seen bow road lose it to that tune when it was first released will agree..

du du du duh, duh de de de de de, duh de de dedede dededu duh......

stjohn
02-08-2007, 03:11 AM
lets dance!

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 03:22 AM
sorry buddy..

the killer riff crown has already been taken by davethedrummer on "build up the pressure"

and ill hear no arguments.. anyone that seen bow road lose it to that tune when it was first released will agree..

du du du duh, duh de de de de de, duh de de dedede dededu duh......

Not the hideous piss ridden old derelict night club in bow by any chance?
By the flyover.

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Not the hideous piss ridden old derelict night club in bow by any chance?
By the flyover.

that be the one :laughing: :laughing: (i think ddr even released a tune on cluster in memory of it!)

right beside the cops car garage.. very unnerving sight at 6am outside having a bit of air when you realise theres about 20 cop cars right beside you.

asbestos hell aswell wasnt it!

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 02:46 PM
that be the one :laughing: :laughing: (i think ddr even released a tune on cluster in memory of it!)

right beside the cops car garage.. very unnerving sight at 6am outside having a bit of air when you realise theres about 20 cop cars right beside you.

asbestos hell aswell wasnt it!

Yeah, we had a rig upstairs the first time that place was used I think.
It all kind of blurs though.
Yeah asbestos, and all the fallen ceiling tiles soaked in piss.
That was a horrible gig, but strangely good.

Were you there with twisted or something?

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah, we had a rig upstairs the first time that place was used I think.
It all kind of blurs though.
Yeah asbestos, and all the fallen ceiling tiles soaked in piss.
That was a horrible gig, but strangely good.

Were you there with twisted or something?

yeah was playing with twisted/immersion at the time..

were you there the night the fulham swimming pool got pigged and we all drove over and set up bow at 3am?

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 03:29 PM
yeah was playing with twisted/immersion at the time..

were you there the night the fulham swimming pool got pigged and we all drove over and set up bow at 3am?

Good old twisted.
Al and martin both fecked off back to ireland in the ey?
I think Al was about the only truly nice non gangster out of that side of the party scene, well, apart from lawrie, he was always sound too, even though we didn`t always see eye to eye, he wasn`t a robbing gangster.

No we were doing a party right in islington.
We knew Fullham would get busted that night, it was fullham for gods sake.
Still most of the punters ended up at our do because of it, so we can`t complain.

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
I think I just realised who you were.
I think I saw you play for Twisted years and years ago at one of our partys in vauxhall I think.
An old kwick fit garage it was.
Did you go as DJ Baz in them days?
Or just Baz?

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I think I just realised who you were.
I think I saw you play for Twisted years and years ago at one of our partys in vauxhall I think.
An old kwick fit garage it was.
Did you go as DJ Baz in them days?
Or just Baz?

yeah i played at a few twisted parties in vauxhall.. used to play gianni & gianni's rig a bit too

nah.. just barry.. few people called me baz alright.. was only really startin though.. didnt have a "dj name" :laughing:

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 06:21 PM
yeah i played at a few twisted parties in vauxhall.. used to play gianni & gianni's rig a bit too

nah.. just barry.. few people called me baz alright.. was only really startin though.. didnt have a "dj name" :laughing:

Ah I remember some guy called Baz on Twisted I thinkin 98. Might have been another rig though, I can`t remember who was in our building.
I just remember some DJ called Baz who was quite good, and later I was on the door and he handed me a fligher for some thing he was playing at.

And it said Baz, or DJ Baz.

Probably not you then.

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Ah I remember some guy called Baz on Twisted I thinkin 98. Might have been another rig though, I can`t remember who was in our building.
I just remember some DJ called Baz who was quite good, and later I was on the door and he handed me a fligher for some thing he was playing at.

And it said Baz, or DJ Baz.

Probably not you then.

coulda been.. only flyer i was ever called baz on was a sunday thing in a pub in stoke newington with henry the plumber and chris labrador and trancentral always had me down as bazz too for some reason.

anyway i was skinny shaved head and always wore combats and a hoody and a cap .. not that that narrows it down much :laughing: :laughing:

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
I just remember some DJ called Baz who was quite good,

oh that musta been me then :cool:

:briggin: :cheese:

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
coulda been.. only flyer i was ever called baz on was a sunday thing in a pub in stoke newington with henry the plumber and chris labrador and trancentral always had me down as bazz too for some reason.

anyway i was skinny shaved head and always wore combats and a hoody and a cap .. not that that narrows it down much :laughing: :laughing:

Ah then it was you.
You kinda disapeared off the scene, and there was bizarre rumours.
Do you remember a girl, South African Simone. eeeverybody knew her?

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Ah then it was you.
You kinda disapeared off the scene, and there was bizarre rumours.
Do you remember a girl, South African Simone. eeeverybody knew her?

name rings a bell alright.. memory is a bit hazzy from those days though...

i didnt exactly dissappear.. had family shit to sort at home and london wasnt exactly doing my head much good.. still see a few old heads when im back there now and again.

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 06:54 PM
I don`t think the party scene did anyone too good if they were connected to it for too long a time mate.
I`m one of the few rig owners who left at the death of the scene, without a major drug addiction.
I entered that scene in the naievity that it was full of open minded people all together for the love of music, and found myself deep in a snowdrift of gangsters, thieves and drug addicts.
Obviously there was good people and good times, but the closer I got to the reality of it, the more I was dissapointed.
In a way I`m glad it all fell apart in the end.
It had to.

Great days though ey?

Did you ever go to any of the legendary Beachy road parties?
Or Eley St
The Pentagonal building at waterloo
Brewery Lane
Carpenters Road
Canning town arches (great outdoor raves they were)
The old Sweet factory
Green Dragon yard
Canada Water (very naughty)
Turnpike lane cinema
Wood green bingo hall.

Great great parties.

And why did sonic always have shagging crusties at his parties.
What was that all about?
very very wrong

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 06:57 PM
carpenter road was my very first party i played at.. where you had to walk around the side of the warehouse on a little beaten path and try not fall into the river???

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 06:58 PM
remember tony techno trousers? (think that was his name??)

and lee techtonic..

and boots? is he still hanging with tribe of munt?

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Tony trousers, haha, yeah, he was a nice guy. Nuts but nice.
Lee I stayed in touch with for a while after he quit. Went off to Oz came back again.
Lost touch now though.

Boots, not seen him for yonks.

Still in touch With Insanity Paul though.
Most honest guy in that scene, and one of the firsts too.
It was a crying shame how he got forced out of the scene. A bloody crying, dirty shame.

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Tony trousers, haha, yeah, he was a nice guy. Nuts but nice.
Lee I stayed in touch with for a while after he quit. Went off to Oz came back again.
Lost touch now though.

Boots, not seen him for yonks.

Still in touch With Insanity Paul though.
Most honest guy in that scene, and one of the firsts too.
It was a crying shame how he got forced out of the scene. A bloody crying, dirty shame.

was that the lad with the mousey long hair from insanity? they were young lads werent they?

what happened him?

remember RSNK :cheese:

wrong
02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
hehe, yeah. it was tony two trousers... i actually used to work in a record shop/stall he did called 'two trouser techno' funny days..

@ DB.. totally know what you're saying about the ammount of murky goings on.. I was always with jiba until it completely fell apart due almost exclusively to drugs.. good days tho for quite a while

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 09:21 PM
hehe, yeah. it was tony two trousers... i actually used to work in a record shop/stall he did called 'two trouser techno' funny days..

@ DB.. totally know what you're saying about the ammount of murky goings on.. I was always with jiba until it completely fell apart due almost exclusively to drugs.. good days tho for quite a while

i played on jiba at some party in a weird old squated mill just off dalston high st.. an italian guy with one arm lived there :laughing: if i remember rightly

Little_Fella!
02-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Oi...:grr:

Great tales of derring do by the way, of which I've experienced a good few gringe-ridden parties miself, but...

...twould be nice if you guys actually posted something to do with the thread ya great bananas...

Mi dummies coming right out eh...:rucrybaby:

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 10:02 PM
oh yeah :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

like i said "build up the pressure" :cool:

wrong
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I didn't understand the thread.. was it saying that if you put a sitar or whatever it was through all those effects, you'd be capable of producing the greatest riff ever heard? I reckon a hammond organ through a bit crusher sounds nice

wrong
02-08-2007, 10:07 PM
i played on jiba at some party in a weird old squated mill just off dalston high st.. an italian guy with one arm lived there :laughing: if i remember rightly

Was that the dude with the metal arm ?

apologies for deffering again ;)

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Was that the dude with the metal arm ?

apologies for deffering again ;)

probably was.. think there was some girl from peru living there aswell..

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 11:24 PM
was that the lad with the mousey long hair from insanity? they were young lads werent they?

what happened him?

remember RSNK :cheese:

Insanity young??!!!
Your kidding, he was one of the original soundsystems from the early 90`s.
He was about 40 when I got to know him in 97.
I think the young lad with the mousey hair maybe one of his DJ`s at the time, not sure.
No insanity was never younguns though, you must have the wrong rig in mind.

Little_Fella!
02-08-2007, 11:28 PM
:dans taxi:
I didn't understand the thread.. was it saying that if you put a sitar or whatever it was through all those effects, you'd be capable of producing the greatest riff ever heard? I reckon a hammond organ through a bit crusher sounds nice

Or one of these.... no need for all them effects chained up - well maybe the bit crusher! heheh

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/features/photos/performances/2007/01/27/images/14.jpg

Your no fun you lot... (harumph)

rhythmtech
02-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Insanity young??!!!
Your kidding, he was one of the original soundsystems from the early 90`s.
He was about 40 when I got to know him in 97.
I think the young lad with the mousey hair maybe one of his DJ`s at the time, not sure.
No insanity was never younguns though, you must have the wrong rig in mind.

what was the really young rig called?.. nice lads.. all skater style.. one of em had long hair.

Little_Fella!
02-08-2007, 11:31 PM
That was a Jazz Hammond B3 player by the way, if yer didn't know already...

I'm still going...:dans taxi:

dirty_bass
02-08-2007, 11:59 PM
what was the really young rig called?.. nice lads.. all skater style.. one of em had long hair.

Can`t remember, if they were youngsters they probably didn`t last long. Probably got heavy at some point and they vanished.

Crossbones were fairly youg, but it wasn`t them.

rhythmtech
03-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Can`t remember, if they were youngsters they probably didn`t last long. Probably got heavy at some point and they vanished.

Crossbones were fairly youg, but it wasn`t them.

not that young.. bout early 20's at the time.. def wasnt crossbones :laughing:

they played funky/hard techno and acid.. used to do a lot of side rooms at big parties

they had a nice small rig wasnt too battered looking at all .. 8k maxx.. prolly more like 5.

they were around for a while too..

dirty_bass
03-08-2007, 03:21 AM
not that young.. bout early 20's at the time.. def wasnt crossbones :laughing:

they played funky/hard techno and acid.. used to do a lot of side rooms at big parties

they had a nice small rig wasnt too battered looking at all .. 8k maxx.. prolly more like 5.

they were around for a while too..

Hehe, I was in my early 20`s then, but I was one of the youngest guys along with naughty Lee Manik, at the time, who was running parties.

I can`t say I remember em.
They weren`t any of the main rigs during united systems days.
Maybe some out of town boys.
hmm, might have been Sonic, his crew change devery hour.
Panik maybe?
Wasn`t Stinky Pink, although they did have some younguns play on the rig now and again.

I have no idea.

rhythmtech
03-08-2007, 03:24 AM
you any old pics from back then?

dirty_bass
03-08-2007, 04:21 AM
you any old pics from back then?

Yeah, I have some, on good old fashioned proper photo paper.
None of this digital camera lark then.

rhythmtech
03-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Yeah, I have some, on good old fashioned proper photo paper.
None of this digital camera lark then.

scanner init :cheese:

Electrictribe
03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I don`t think the party scene did anyone too good if they were connected to it for too long a time mate.
I`m one of the few rig owners who left at the death of the scene, without a major drug addiction.
I entered that scene in the naievity that it was full of open minded people all together for the love of music, and found myself deep in a snowdrift of gangsters, thieves and drug addicts.
Obviously there was good people and good times, but the closer I got to the reality of it, the more I was dissapointed.
In a way I`m glad it all fell apart in the end.
It had to.

Great days though ey?

Did you ever go to any of the legendary Beachy road parties?
Or Eley St
The Pentagonal building at waterloo
Brewery Lane
Carpenters Road
Canning town arches (great outdoor raves they were)
The old Sweet factory
Green Dragon yard
Canada Water (very naughty)
Turnpike lane cinema
Wood green bingo hall.

Great great parties.

And why did sonic always have shagging crusties at his parties.
What was that all about?
very very wrong

lol i was at pratically all those parties, played a t a few of them. Altohugh can't remember which in my time distorted mind where nearly every party in my memory is confused to the point i can remember tihng s happening but not at what party, could have all been one long party form what i remember. Actually think it was one long party.

My mate still hang out with tony two trousers. Plays funky/tech house now and has 3 kids.

dirty_bass
03-08-2007, 02:47 PM
It was one long party wasn`t it?

Clean up and set up Friday night, sleep in building.
Saturday decorate a bit, take calls organise other rigs for building.
Saturday night sort out phone lines, start party.
Sunday Night/Monday morning, pack up, clear out.
Monday, Bed.
Tuesday, wednesday, maybe thursday, scouting locations.
Thursday-friday, Enter chosen location.
Friday, clean up, set up.

Oneeee looooonggggg paaaaarrttyyyyyyyy!!!

Little_Fella!
03-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Tell you what though...

Going to all those parties were pretty much the best experiences I've ever had in my life...:cool:

Alot of punters don't realise, including me before I was shown, how much time and effort goes in to what can essentially be a life long memorable experience for them...

So those that put the time and effort in putting these parties on, hats off to you all... :BigThumbUp:

Siege
04-08-2007, 01:06 AM
[QUOTE=dirty_bass;559536]It was one long party wasn`t it?

Clean up and set up Friday night, sleep in building.
Saturday decorate a bit, take calls organise other rigs for building.
Saturday night sort out phone lines, start party.
Sunday Night/Monday morning, pack up, clear out.
Monday, Bed.
Tuesday, wednesday, maybe thursday, scouting locations.
Thursday-friday, Enter chosen location.
Friday, clean up, set up.

Best routine ever id say

dirty_bass
04-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Yeah, it was fun, but after a while you realise what a completely insane way of living it is.

278d7e64a374de26f==