PDA

View Full Version : Tyrisia - Twin Moons

Tyrisia
03-08-2007, 11:34 PM
More deep n melodic here, I actually pulled this off the HD after makin it 2 years ago, and thought it deserved a finishing touch. Still deciding on the atmospheres and stuff, although the main arrangement is there. It's got a funny kik that I made with Attack that I quite like, it has a softness that defo does it for me, but I need to know what the masses think.. I want dreamy floaty as opposed to bangin so bear that in mind tho..

Click Me (http://www.tyrisia.co.uk/twinmoons.mp3)

rhythmtech
03-08-2007, 11:48 PM
lovely electroish style goin on here.. very old school melodic feel to it.

bass needs lifting a touch and the kick could do with a little more definition.

the panned strings work very well for this kinda thing and the short little key changes keep the interest.

theres a section that starts at 2 mins thats really sweet to listen to..

reminds me of playing LSG - Hearts at a party in the mountains here while the sun came up about 12 years ago.. good times :)

thankz for bringing that memory back my man!!

BRADLEE
04-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah reminds me of the good old days too...agree that it could use a little bit more variation on the synths sometimes, but overall very beautifiul song I would say.

Tyrisia
04-08-2007, 12:15 AM
lovely electroish style goin on here.. very old school melodic feel to it.

bass needs lifting a touch and the kick could do with a little more definition.

the panned strings work very well for this kinda thing and the short little key changes keep the interest.

theres a section that starts at 2 mins thats really sweet to listen to..

reminds me of playing LSG - Hearts at a party in the mountains here while the sun came up about 12 years ago.. good times :)

thankz for bringing that memory back my man!!

Yeah man, I know the bit you mean, that happened a bit by accident and I just made the best of it, reminds me also of outdoor parties and sunrises, I just don't get much of that these days.. good times indeed.

I think you're probably right about the bass, needs more low end presence, don't slag the kik tho hehe. No, I'll look at that as well, I don't think it's gettin any compression at the mo so that could be a prob.

Siege
04-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Like this the moment it played Will...production sounds pretty nice too.
Reminds me of a sorta oldscool detroit feel....love that little rolling key change..nice little change.
Think the drop needs fillin up a bit or just add something new thats introduced there...some subtle background atmosphere to open it up a bit maybe?
Again,on the headphones so cant comment accuratley on production,but sounds pretty good this end.
Your tunes are getting better and better mate...think this pips ur last one,and i thought that was good...seem to be getting a nice melodic sound for urself.
Good work!

Tyrisia
04-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Yeah reminds me of the good old days too...agree that it could use a little bit more variation on the synths sometimes, but overall very beautifiul song I would say.

Thanks Brad, glad it takes you back to the old times a bit, it only got resurrected last night, so it does need a bit o' work yet to make it what it deserves to be, I think I'll just selectivly modulate the f*** outta all the pads and add a bit more cutoff work to it, that should keep me busy for a bit.

Tyrisia
04-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Like this the moment it played Will...production sounds pretty nice too.
Reminds me of a sorta oldscool detroit feel....love that little rolling key change..nice little change.
Think the drop needs fillin up a bit or just add something new thats introduced there...some subtle background atmosphere to open it up a bit maybe?
Again,on the headphones so cant comment accuratley on production,but sounds pretty good this end.
Your tunes are getting better and better mate...think this pips ur last one,and i thought that was good...seem to be getting a nice melodic sound for urself.
Good work!

Cheers Cal, yep I think this one is better than the last too, when I dragged it offa the HD after 2 years I was like 'how the **** did I forget that one?' hehe. You are right, the break needs a real sense of depth, I think rolling the bass off gradually doesn't help as it makes the volume drop more obvious. I'll work on it tomorrow and post results.

Thanks all for all comments, really helpful stuff as always:)

Little_Fella!
04-08-2007, 03:46 AM
This is the kind of tune that grows on you...

Definitely the perfect setting being an outdoor chill out section with the sun rising just before 6am n your pallet's just ready for a beer n a bifta just to ease any rough edges... aaaaaaahhh :hmm:

Give the break a bit more identity, as has been mentioned, with sounds that are a bit more 21st century.. i.e. just as soothing but with something you've just gotten hold of n hav'nt used yet...

Nice....:cool:

BloodStar
04-08-2007, 12:23 PM
nice melodic spacey track with chilled atmo, i like. all the synths sounds sweet, arrangement sounds well structured aswel. as for the productrion, it sounds good, maybe more definition on kick would be nice and also there is one hihat which sounds pretty sharp and also owerpowers rest of the hats, i would back it off a bit.
other than that, another lovely track from you.. thumps up,.

Tyrisia
04-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Give the break a bit more identity, as has been mentioned, with sounds that are a bit more 21st century.. i.e. just as soothing but with something you've just gotten hold of n hav'nt used yet...

Cheers man, I'm just workin on the break now, have added another BIG abstract synth riff that works well plus some more low pads to beef things up. I'll repost later on.

Tyrisia
04-08-2007, 12:56 PM
as for the productrion, it sounds good, maybe more definition on kick would be nice and also there is one hihat which sounds pretty sharp and also owerpowers rest of the hats, i would back it off a bit.

Cheers dude, I'll look at the hat, I know which one you mean and did back it off a little before rendering, but maybe not enough. I've recently got new monitors and that has kinda thrown the production thing back a bit for me, as I've now got to get used to a totally different bottom-end and top-end, and I was only just gettin things right before I switched. Ah well, this is the beauty of the BOA forum tho, different sets of ears are always good:)

loopdon
05-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Really enjoyed the listen. Beautiful.

Siege
05-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Just had another listen to this.
Sounds even better second time round....work some more on the breakdown,
i reckon the trk merits a big drop...big in, feel and emotion. The breakdown needs to be as good as the rest of the trk to do it justice.
I think this as the potential to be a big tune.

Tyrisia
06-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Really enjoyed the listen. Beautiful.

Many thanks Loopdon, really glad you liked it.

Just had another listen to this.
Sounds even better second time round....work some more on the breakdown,
i reckon the trk merits a big drop...big in, feel and emotion. The breakdown needs to be as good as the rest of the trk to do it justice.
I think this as the potential to be a big tune.

Don't worry Cal, I've done a fair bit of work on the break, added another synth riff, and some more pads, and it now needs loadsa synth action and maybe something low to underpin it all. I'll post the results soon.

Tyrisia
06-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Here's what I've got now, I've tried to add a supressed feel to the break that then mimics the good bit at 2mins as the tune kicks back in.

Update (http://www.tyrisia.co.uk/twinmoons2.mp3)

ORIS
07-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Here's what I've got now, I've tried to add a supressed feel to the break that then mimics the good bit at 2mins as the tune kicks back in.

Update (http://www.tyrisia.co.uk/twinmoons2.mp3)

link wont work 4 me. i wanna listen :(

Tyrisia
07-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I should have said, my service provider keeps goin down at the mo, time to change servers I think, I'll just have a look see if I can find somewhere else to host for now.

Tyrisia
08-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Link workin again:)

p_brane
08-08-2007, 10:40 PM
quality little track

nice theme, nice production. lovely sound man.

good stuff tyrisia

dirty_bass
09-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Nice stuff, reminds me of Plink Plonk records in a way. That very ealry stage of dance music, when techno was trance and trance was techno.
That kick could definitely do with more definition, I`d sort out the top end on it to balance with the hats.
The mid to low mid could do with a little more cleaning up too as that main low melody seems a little too dominant.
Overall very nice though, you don`t hear much stuff like this any more, and melody has always been one of your strengths anyway (in my opinion).

Tyrisia
09-08-2007, 09:25 PM
@p brane, thanks for the comments man, glad you liked it, still not quite finished but gettin there.

@ Dirty Bass, cheers dude, yeah I haven't really done a final mixdown on this one, was more bothered about sounds and ideas, but I see what you mean about main low melody (by that I think you mean the bassline), it needs alot of cleaning up, and the kick is gonna get changed completely, it's proving too hard to get right, or maybe I'll pinch some topend off another kick and keep the lowend. Glad you liked it mate.

278d7e64a374de26f==