PDA

View Full Version : www.mp3skyline.com = cunts

rhythmtech
04-08-2007, 02:45 PM
these ****ers are selling loads of our tracks. mine, brad lee's and loads others.

anyone know who they are?

presumebly russian?

cheers for the heads up danny

DannyBlack
04-08-2007, 02:49 PM
No bother mate, yeah as Baz says there is wetworks, glenn wilson, mark EG.... everyone and everything. Just be warned lads, the pirates are out to get you.

04-08-2007, 04:06 PM
C**ts !!

Get some proper hacker and attack their site :cheese:

rhythmtech
04-08-2007, 04:14 PM
just been reading their site..

it all looks legal and above board (in russia)

they give a % to the russsian version of IMRO .. although not being a registered label i'll never see a penny of that.. and even if i was registered would i?

bloody mafia.

but at the end of the day its really not gonna make a huge differance to sales..

just bad form on their part

Tyrisia
05-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Q: I have already downloaded dozens of MP3s from your site but one of them is low quality or has skips / scratches / noise. What should I do?
A: Since we're uploading thousands of tracks from the different sources daily (vinyls, EPs, CDs, etc) - things can happen. Please contact our support team and we will refund your account for EVERY bad track and advise how to get proper one.

that just says bucketloads to me..

The Overfiend
05-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Wow, Wetworks was translated Watworks on that site, now I know how releases ended up on soulseek with that same typo.

MARK ANXIOUS
05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
i'm going to persue this when i have a moment. even though you really can't stop this, i will at least have a go purely because i need to know whee re we all stand here.

ok here's the legal statement on thier site:

All materials on MP3skyline.com site are provided for distribution over the Internet in accordance with the license # LS-3M-07-38 issued by NP ROMS. As stipulated by the license, MP3skyline.com makes due payments for all the materials covered by the the Russian Federal Act on Copyright and Related Rights. All the materials are provided for personal use only, their redistribution, sale, circulation over the radio, TV or cable networks being strictly prohibited.

The copyright observation requires you to use the music files presented on MP3skyline.com for private listening only. The Site Administration cannot control the use of materials, presented on MP3skyline.com. Downloading music files from our Site, Customer takes liability for it's further use. This responsibility depends on national legislation of the country where the Customer resides.

All the copyrighted materials from MP3skyline.com like name, logo, design and texts are property of MP3skyline.com.

The trademarks, brands, names, logos, slogans and other copyrighted materials located on MP3skyline.com belong to their Copyright holders. Their commercial use is prohibited without permission.

VERY interested to see what they think this law is.

MARK ANXIOUS
05-08-2007, 09:36 AM
what is this np roms? ii can find something for roms, but not np

ROMS: Russian Organization on Collective Management of Rights of Authors and Other Right holders in Multimedia, Digital Networks & Visual Arts

OK here's what I found.

http://www.roms.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=10

I'll have a damn good read of this later (I'm knackered), but from what I'm getting it's an organisation that acts as a middle man between us and sites like mp3skyline. BUT the thing here is that they say on their page that

as a collective management organization in the area of copyright and other related rights, ROMS is authorized, under Article 45 of the Russian law "On Copyright and Other Related Rights", to exercise collective management of rights in certain area of copyright use based on:
Collective management agreements signed with rightsholders;
Agreements signed with other collective management organizations and societies, including foreign;
Directly according to applicable provisions of the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Other Related Rights."
So because we have no aggrement with ROMS, then mp3skyline are talking shit and ROMS need to be notified . I think if we send ROMS some type of formal threat (no crappy email - a serious solicitors letter that shocks them), then they will take care of MP3skyline for us.

Anyway, that's my initial thoughts. Anything anyone can add or do to help, would be priceless...

DannyBlack
05-08-2007, 09:38 AM
gonna do some checking around Mark, i will post what i find.

DannyBlack
05-08-2007, 09:52 AM
all i can find is what you found Mark, whoever owns the rights to the tracks goes through this "ROMS" group. on mp3skyline it does clearly state that they are affiliated with ROMS... which i doubt very much. From what ive heard of the mp3's (not all but a few) they sound like they were recorded right off vinyl.

Id say if you do persue this, the site will be taken down, i doubt very much that you will get any money back off them.

xes
05-08-2007, 10:16 AM
you've done it already!! (well,I can't get onto the site)

DannyBlack
05-08-2007, 10:29 AM
nah, the site is still there. for some reason it doesnt work with my AOL browser, works in internet explorer.

koma
05-08-2007, 12:40 PM
you can't do much by yourself, it has to come from higher instance... recent official agreement (http://www.ustr.gov/assets/Document_Library/Fact_Sheets/2006/asset_upload_file151_9980.pdf) noted that Russia has agreed to aid U.S. authorities in cracking down illegal websites such as those carrying bittorrent files or direct downloads of copyrighted music, movies and software - with AllofMP3.com being set as a prime example.

but as soon as allofmp3 closed, new sites opened. one of them is this mp3skyline shyte... organized crime all the way.

wrong
05-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Was speaking recently to a guy in russia who showed me all my releases for sale on a site and generally most releases are available there.. think it might have been a different site.. you can only access it from russia i believe, unless you have a direct link for the specific page (or sommit like that) apparently, theres nothing anyone can do as they have weird copyright laws over there.. that was my un-technical summary of the situation..

bummer..

MITA
05-08-2007, 11:11 PM
ripp off..we've must of lost gazilion pounds : )

dirty_bass
06-08-2007, 01:06 AM
We get a post about these places about every 2-4 months in here.
You can`t stop em, and if you shut em down they will be up under a different name the next day.
Just pay no attention to it, it is much less painful that way. They indescriminently stock everything and anything.

eyeswithoutaface
06-08-2007, 09:58 AM
yeah they've got 4 of my releases up, cheeky swines!!!

they actually tell u the source of the track on some of them, for my Klickhaus ep they have listed it says source = vinyl promo haha

madness, but as steve says, best just to ignore, i dare say they wont sell enough of my stuff to improve on my sales anyway, and yeah they usually get shut down pretty quick and just reopen again a few months later with a different name, i remember a few times this situation has popped up

wrong
06-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Just think of it as free promotion ;)

MARK ANXIOUS
06-08-2007, 02:37 PM
well yeah i suppose i've learnt over the years that there's not much you can do about all this. thought it might be worth giving it a shot but really, all it's going to do is move the problem elsewhere...

The Overfiend
06-08-2007, 03:24 PM
So no running into their offices like a bad 50 Cent Video?
Rap Song and all?

rhythmtech
06-08-2007, 03:37 PM
i guess it is just free promotion..

what really bugs me is that they're charging for it.. it they were giving it away for free i'd be less annoyed. theres nothing worse than someone else (possibly) making some money from my hard work when im finding it hard enough to make the money myself.

The Overfiend
06-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I've dismissed the thought of generating any revenue from my musical endeavours. The only change I find possible to collect would be from performances, otherwise I cannot see the techno market actually supporting a household like it did in say the late 90's.

eyeswithoutaface
06-08-2007, 07:09 PM
yeah that's true, techno wont support a household these days, unless a persons production happens to hit a nerve in the current scene and their sales take off, but even then obviously you have to keep it up

but i think its a good thing that people cant make a living off techno, and the quicker more people getting into the scene realise this, the better for the scene, as those who truely have a natural desire to make music will still be around, whilst those thinking its a quick route to cash and fame will simply fall off the radar

i personally seperate all my music making endevours from my financial situation, always have and until i hit a level production wise were i have enough work coming my way to be financially viable, i will always support myself outside of techno with a regular job. This way any monies i have made off my releases and appearences is a lovely bonus, but getting the finished vinyl through the post means more to me than any paycheck thats following it .Wouldnt have it any other way really, the freedom enjoyed is just immense, ive had so many of the older guys who are my friends moaning how bad their sales are etc and whilst sympathising to a point, im so so glad its not me

and i really wouldnt worry about this site guys, i dont even see it as free promotion because anyone whose going to buy my records knows who i am anyway, and i dare say those savvy enough will see right through this site anyway

audioinjection
06-08-2007, 07:47 PM
damn, i did a search for my names (david f, audio injection.....) my music is up there too :S

Jay Pace
07-08-2007, 12:07 AM
hehe the russkies copyright issues

We ported a UK cookery programme over to russia and used it to advertise pots and pans. The UK producer came crying complaining that we had stolen their tv show, and threatened legal action.

I think our basic response was - "and what the **** are you going to do about it?"

Russia has an interesting approach to copyright. In that they generally just ignore it and sell stuff regardless with the full sanction of the government. Whats good for Russia... etc etc

DannyBlack
07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
in soviet russia the mp3 sells you.

fatcollective
07-08-2007, 03:15 PM
a whole load of our stuff is on there too, there just aint feck all we can do, if they are not on this site, they are all over others...its just something we got to put up with in this day and age!! bollox init!! :grr:

Si the Sigh
07-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Digital downloads rock though!!!!1

djfilthmonger
07-08-2007, 03:40 PM
there sum robbing gee-bags

The Overfiend
07-08-2007, 04:40 PM
This sucks because any flaw in the vinyl will appear on your mp3, lovely.

Jay Pace
07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
All the disadvantages of vinyl, in a digital format.
Winner of the backwards technology award, 2007
Maybe they can mp3 my rave tape packs and sell them back to me.

dirty_bass
07-08-2007, 05:28 PM
In some cases the vinyl mastering and conversion to mp3 might actually sound better than the original piece.

The Overfiend
07-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Because of the Volume Normalize and the Compression involved?

herman
07-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I found 260 odd of my tracks on there some of them offered in glorious 64kbps ripped directly from vinyl. They have even gone to the trouble of adding titles to some of my untitled tracks :) aah the joys of the new market lol

The Overfiend
07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Can't beat that.

The Overfiend
07-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Were they rough or did they use vaseline?

Little_Fella!
11-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Surely there is someone who knows a friendly hacker, who does good hacking for the common people....( did I just say that?) ...and loves Techno:ruevil:

Maybe they could send something 'nasty pasty' when paying for something, which would then screw up their money handling system... Or just makes the screen go so bright that it burns their EYEBALLS OUT!!!:pirate:

278d7e64a374de26f==