PDA

View Full Version : The Alonso - Hamilton saga

xes
05-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Quite funny innit.

Those who ain't got a danny le rue what I'm on about,racing.

Alonso was in the pit,and had finnished,Hammilton pulled in behind him,and Alonso waited for about 5 seconds,holding him up. Costing Hamilton a qualifying place. (bad form old boy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYa_766DXzo and there it is.

They both drive for the same team aswell,which makes it even funnier.

force
05-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Hamilton on pole following penalty for Alonso

Lewis Hamilton will start in pole position for today's Hungarian Grand Prix following a five-place grid penalty imposed on Fernando Alonso.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=227408248&p=zz74x8954&t=f1

dan the acid man
05-08-2007, 01:31 PM
you just don't do this kind of thing, especially when it's your team mate, so glad he got penalised for it:laughing:

french_og
05-08-2007, 05:08 PM
The Spanish Press are well bitter about it!

Insomnia
05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Crazy stuff going on there between team mates...

I'm sure Hamilton has had the last laugh though ....

Numeric
05-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Alonso had to start from sixth, Hamilton raced well fair do's...

Will
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
you just don't do this kind of thing, especially when it's your team mate, so glad he got penalised for it:laughing:

Yeah, serves him right! He shouldn't be lowering himself to Schumacher-esque antics.

Numeric
06-08-2007, 04:00 PM
you can understand why he did it, Alonso is world champ, now he has this young rookie driver comin through threatening his position and stealing the show...

still don't agree with what he did though...

dan the acid man
06-08-2007, 07:38 PM
you can understand why he did it, Alonso is world champ, now he has this young rookie driver comin through threatening his position and stealing the show...

still don't agree with what he did though...

yeah, but like you say he shouldn't be spitting the dummy out in public like this, he's a racer, he should be happy with the competition, bloody overpaid pre madonnas these f1 drivers:laughing:

Miss Saysay
06-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Yeah, serves him right! He shouldn't be lowering himself to Schumacher-esque antics.

Lol spot on there! :cheese: Very schumacher-esque!

It would seem that alonso was retaliating after lewis failed to let him pass at the start of quali 3... hamilton was given an order to let the 'lighter' alonso through, but he noticed kimi was close to so made a split decision to carry on thinkin if alonso was lighter he would catch up anyway, alonso was obviously not happy lol and kept lewis waiting at the pit lane costing him another go at a quali 3 time , not very sporting lol! But it does proof that the pressure is gettin to them both, alonso had no idea that hamilton would come along and be the driver he is, i reckon he thought he'd be number one in the team, probably a bit of a shock to him! :cheese:

If alonso hadnt of kept hamilton waiting then they both would have been at P 1 & 2 at the start of the race anyway, doh!

Will
07-08-2007, 04:03 PM
True, so it backfired for him somewhat in the end, though I thought he might get away with it. Especially when the interviewer completely glossed over the incident and had the audacity to say to Hamilton he had an uneventful qualifying session, or something along those lines! I was thinking Hamilton should have 'accidentally' spun it on the last corner when he realised he wouldn't get round in time so Alonso wouldn't be able to get his lap in either, though he would probably have been penalised too, so it worked out well in the end!

Alonso was probably my favourite driver before Hamilton came along though, so was especially disappointed by him, though it was kind of funny!

Numeric
07-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Hamilton needs to just focus on racing and try not to get too involved with this Alonso drama...

Miss Saysay
07-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Alonso was probably my favourite driver before Hamilton came along though, so was especially disappointed by him, though it was kind of funny!

Me too, alonso challenged Schumacher's rein, tbh i was getting bored of him winning all the time like in 2004, i was even bored at silverstone !! So alonso was a breath of fresh air , good driver, focused, nice guy and didnt seem to buckle under pressure...eer untill this season lol, tis a shame.

Read in the paper that he may be considering moving from Mclaren , eek!

Numeric
08-08-2007, 09:23 AM
i also heard that Alonso could move away from Mclaren, he was claiming a few back that the team are favouring Hamilton, if that's the case then i can understand his grief...

but if it's simply a case of Alonso spitting his dummy out because his title is being challenged by his rookie team mate then he needs to get a grip and show the metal of a true champion...

Numeric
08-08-2007, 10:05 AM
just heard on the radio that viewing figures for the F1 have doubled over recent months, obviously due to Hamilton...

Miss Saysay
08-08-2007, 07:55 PM
i also heard that Alonso could move away from Mclaren, he was claiming a few back that the team are favouring Hamilton, if that's the case then i can understand his grief...

but if it's simply a case of Alonso spitting his dummy out because his title is being challenged by his rookie team mate then he needs to get a grip and show the metal of a true champion...

How can they be favouring hamilton though when there asking him to move aside and let alonso through because he's lighter etc etc, also their pretty much level pegging now in the championship points, so it wouldnt benefit mclaren to favor just one of them as they both stand a chance in winnin the title and also gainin them constructor points . Im sure though ron denis will favour hamilton on a personal level as he's known hamilton since he was 8, but im guessing thats where it ends, on a professional level it's equal?? surely??

Im guessing that alonso was under the impression he was goin to be top dog, be number one etc, hamilton has come along and ****ed his plans up lol. Probably sour grapes!

Surely its about the competition, no competition and its boring, wheres the fun in not havin to fight for your title!

278d7e64a374de26f==