PDA

View Full Version : NFL Talk

snooch
06-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Calvin Johnson signs with the Detroit Lions for 6 years and $55 million. He's huge for a wide receiver and is fast as all get out. He is already being compared to the great Barry Sanders not in ability, but in the fact that he is a great player on a very sub-par team. No chance at winning let alone getting to the Superbowl. What a waste of talent putting a receiver like that behind a crappy career second string quarterback like John Kitna.

Do you guys think Michael Strahan will retire? I don't. Will he still play with the Giants if he does come back? I'm not sure if he will. I could see him playing for a team that has most of the pieces in place but need some extra pressure from the outside(Steelers) or badly in need of veteran guidance for their killer rookies(Denver with Jarvis Moss). I don't think he'll play more than 2 more years, but what an asset to have on your team even if he doesn't play.

herman
06-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Kitna put up monster numbers last year even though he is a career 2nd stringer the addition of Calvin Johnson will only bolster that offence. Mike Martz might be a dick but he has always built high powered offences where ever he has been.

Strahan will resign with New York in the end can't see him go anywhere else certainly not Pittsburgh he wouldnt fit into the 3-4 scheme to start with plus there not even going to break out the dollars for Alan Faneca so no way there paying top dollar for a 35 year old pass rusher.

snooch
07-08-2007, 07:35 AM
I hear you on Kitna, but one good year doesn't make a really good quarterback. He had to throw so much because their running game was stilted and lacking. Detroit is one of those long time losing teams that you hope wins every time(except against your team). I always feel bad when various Lions players look so damn sad after every loss. "We'll have to play better next week" should be their team motto. Between them and the Houston Texans, I don't know who is worse.

Strahan is one of the greatest players to play the game. He's played 15 years of top level football. You can't ask for anything more. A moral leader, leads by example and a good guy with charity. If he plays, he will be good for another year or two, but if he retires, I'll be happy too. We (cowboys) won't have to play against him.

278d7e64a374de26f==