PDA

View Full Version : techno how good is it !

Mucky Beats
08-08-2007, 12:35 PM
You just carnt beat it can ya! was out at weekend at a big festie thing in manchester and bar are mates on at like 12pm there was no techno really across the 6 stages ... a laugh it was and all that but we spent the whole day waiting for pounders... we then ventured back to my mates flat and wacked a dave clarke followed by speedy j mixes on then attacked the decks for hours...and was deffo better than the festie due to the pounding TECHNO ! and realized had spent the night waiting for the techno!
Is it just me or is techno the only thing you can really get down to ??

Craig_Lea
08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Definitely.

It's the only thing that really does it for me.
Quite into my Electro, Breaks and D&B, but Techno's usually the only thing that sends shivers down my spine.

stjohn
08-08-2007, 01:28 PM
my girlfriend doesnt seem to understand this... if i go to a session or a festival or something and theres no techno.. i cant have a bit of craic.. but it will never be a 'great' buzz...

now give me a spot of techno and im laughing!!

xes
08-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I do love techno,I even wrote a little poem about it many years ago.

An ode to techno.

I do not need xtc,amphetamines or lsd
ketamine,scag or coke you see
cos techno is a drug to me
it makes me dance,move my body
jump around at a party
you could say I'm a techno junkie
cos I'm quite happy with a spearmint wriggly.

Mucky Beats
08-08-2007, 01:37 PM
hehe good to hear im not alone

Numeric
08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
ha-ha, nice poem there xes...

i love techno, but i can still get 'that' feeling from other types of music, it's just a slightly different version of 'that' feeling...

whether it be hip hop, drum n bass, rock music, indie, house or hardcore techno, i love it all...

fatcollective
08-08-2007, 02:44 PM
ha-ha, nice poem there xes...

i love techno, but i can still get 'that' feeling from other types of music, it's just a slightly different version of 'that' feeling...

whether it be hip hop, drum n bass, rock music, indie, house or hardcore techno, i love it all...

me too, i love soo much other styles of music......only when djing do i get a rush no other music gives me...but then again i aint tried mixing anything other than dance music...hmmm might go n grab some northern soul tunes from my dad and give them a spin :)

DannyBlack
08-08-2007, 02:45 PM
techno is my one true love.

Numeric
08-08-2007, 03:12 PM
me too, i love soo much other styles of music......only when djing do i get a rush no other music gives me...but then again i aint tried mixing anything other than dance music...hmmm might go n grab some northern soul tunes from my dad and give them a spin :)

my Dad loves Northern Soul too, spent me teenage years arguing with him sayin that it was s**t music but i've grown to love it too now :laughing:

Northern Soul is dance music anyway, good Lord i'm turning into me Dad :laughing:

djfilthmonger
08-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah Techno is the best,

I could listen to it for hours , days ,weeks
from minimal to hardtechno,
I went on a 8 hour bus journey before had a yop with a Quater in it and 8 hours of techno , i realy enjoyed that journey

DannyBlack
08-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah Techno is the best,

I could listen to it for hours , days ,weeks
from minimal to hardtechno,
I went on a 8 hour bus journey before had a yop with a Quater in it and 8 hours of techno , i realy enjoyed that journey

yeah, thats when you introduced me to that thomas krome mix.... spooky, after chowing down on a quater of morocan black i felt like my hands were expanding.... that was a funny journey.

3 cheers for techno...

hip hip HUZZAH!

hip hip HUZZAH!

hip hip HUZZAH!

neko
08-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I've had this discussion with my fella recently.
It was when we were at Glastonbury listening to all different sorts of music, I can appreciate it and have a little dance around, but it needs to be techno for me to start really getting into it.

The Overfiend
08-08-2007, 06:00 PM
I have not got that feeling since seeing James Ruskin destroy sh*t at the Limenight Nyc a few years back.

p_brane
08-08-2007, 07:28 PM
d- percussion was alright for a couple of quid, i know what ya mean though,

nothing gets you moving like some good quality in your face pounders.

saying that, i get off on loads of different types of music.

there was a latin jazz band on before you got there mucky, they f*ckin rocked big time. if its got a beat and some tempo it makes me body move:)

BRADLEE
08-08-2007, 07:41 PM
You just carnt beat it can ya! was out at weekend at a big festie thing in manchester and bar are mates on at like 12pm there was no techno really across the 6 stages ... a laugh it was and all that but we spent the whole day waiting for pounders... we then ventured back to my mates flat and wacked a dave clarke followed by speedy j mixes on then attacked the decks for hours...and was deffo better than the festie due to the pounding TECHNO ! and realized had spent the night waiting for the techno!

I'd have to agree for the most part....I do love some proper electro breaks and some nasty industrial hardcore too. But of course, techno is my first love, Hard techno to be exact.

dirty_bass
08-08-2007, 07:43 PM
I love music.

stjohn
08-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I love music.
i love the music i love

The klubb Krayz
08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
techno is the only thing realy advansing at the min and i propper mad on it ppl who arent realy dont have a clue

xes
09-08-2007, 10:36 AM
as they say,people who like techno,love techno. People who don't like techno,f*cking hate techno.

Si the Sigh
09-08-2007, 10:40 AM
I love music.

Word.

Good music's good music.

Mucky Beats
09-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I love music.

yeh we know this is your fave....

http://www.altnet.com/partners/koch/333196_twe_chri_06_01.jpg

audioinjection
09-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I love music.

amen to that!

conor256
09-08-2007, 10:29 PM
You just carnt beat it can ya! was out at weekend at a big festie thing in manchester and bar are mates on at like 12pm there was no techno really across the 6 stages ... a laugh it was and all that but we spent the whole day waiting for pounders...

! and realized had spent the night waiting for the techno!

bang on the head...... almost the same thing happened to me at the weekend.....

went to really good festival with 4 rigs and a variety of music....... and i know its all down to preference and taste but i could see loads of people just gagging for some banging techno ...... on the sat night there was just me and another person playing pounding techno for 1 hr slots ....... and when we did the place was lifting ....... then back down to mulling about to more easier stuff......... and me and the rest just hungering for more of the banging stuff....

bring on the bangin techno te feck!!!

benji303
11-08-2007, 12:52 PM
I do love techno,I even wrote a little poem about it many years ago.

An ode to techno.

I do not need xtc,amphetamines or lsd
ketamine,scag or coke you see
cos techno is a drug to me
it makes me dance,move my body
jump around at a party
you could say I'm a techno junkie
cos I'm quite happy with a spearmint wriggly.

love da poem man

278d7e64a374de26f==