PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee "struggle Between"

BRADLEE
09-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Oi, well this is some pounding hard techno stuff, but not too fast. It's quite loud so be prepaired...

I'm pretty happy with it overall now...Had a bitch of a time getting my kicks and subs in there....Still not sure if I should try to get a little more mid range out of the kicks.....

Have a listen and I hope those who like this type of stuff will enjoy it.

http://iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE-Struggle_Between.mp3

Siege
09-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Dling Brad....have a proper listen later...give you some feedback then mate.

BRADLEE
09-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks Cal!!!!

stjohn
09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Jesus this is another stomper! nice slow n driving which u know i love!
mid range on the kick seems perfect man!! dare i say maybe a tad more sub??

atmospheres and and the hardcore stlye zips and stuff sound serious man..
great work

BRADLEE
09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Jesus this is another stomper! nice slow n driving which u know i love!
mid range on the kick seems perfect man!! dare i say maybe a tad more sub??

atmospheres and and the hardcore stlye zips and stuff sound serious man..
great work

Yeah more sub should be possible for sure...I think I'll try to route it slightly differently to bring it a bit more depth on the low end. So glad to have more a confirmation on that. Thanks Rory.

Glad you like the tune itself myfriend. Always appreciate your feedback.

BRADLEE
10-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Same link but I updated the kick/sub section a tiny bit. Should be better in the low end now.

rhythmtech
10-08-2007, 11:09 AM
first thing that strikes me is how much more you're using synth lines/hooks in your stuff these days brad. this can only be a good thing..

anyway, this is quite nice.. not as immediate as the last one ;) but they dont all have to be dancefloor fodder.. this has a lovely industrial feel to it.. ive said it before.. you really need to get onto lenny dee, he'd eat up all this shit.

production is sounding sweet.. maybe a few of the higher/mids could stick out a tiny bit more (theres a kind of rim shot that gets a touch lost in there)

over all structure is dark and menacing, suiting the track right down to the ground.

all the sounds selections are spot on.

you just keep hittin them out of the park buddy :)

BRADLEE
10-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Glad you like it Baz, I thin I'm going to mix it down one more time still...I'm still not happy with how my low end sounds...Too thuddy and not enough ooommph under I think. I'll repost it when I get to upate it.

Thanks for the comments homie, appreciate it.

Tyrisia
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM
REALLY like this, sounds amazing and very interesting, more a peice of artwork. It has a very intelligent feel to it, and it's got so much goin on.

Production sounds great to me, very clean, can't really say anything against it at all. It just rocks, end of story.

BRADLEE
11-08-2007, 03:09 AM
Thanks Tyrisia...Appreciate that you enjoy it...especially because how vastly out styles differ. Look forward to hearing more from you as well.

Updated the mix slightly and put some samples in the break...

Tyrisia
11-08-2007, 03:41 AM
I might surprise you Brad, I'm totally into the harder stuff and have been for years man, it's all good man (I must admit that I find it really difficult to make a convincing hard as nails stomper myself tho, but there's time yet).

I might try something in this style myself, I heard a Wilson track a while back on Audio Assault and this tune kinda reminded me of it, they both have a lot of thought gone into them and they stand up as pieces of music in their own right, it's the musicality I'm interested in.

It really has got me gobsmacked though, the amount of talent there is in here, as I didn't post here for a good while, alot of it is better than stuff from the bigger names, people can afford to take the chances I suppose in here, and it's a better place for it.

BloodStar
11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
wicked track mate. overall it sounds nicely dark and all the sounds fit there perfectly. i am loving the break and all the edits.
production sounds nice to me. good work, mate.

BRADLEE
12-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Thank you for listening VLasta.

judas_beast
15-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Very solid. I like the strange zapping sounds you have running over the whole track. For me, the kick is a little bit ''static'', not sure how to describe it, maybe a touch of gated reverb on it for a bit more ''movement''. Production wise, it sounds very clear and the sounds aren't fighting each other. I would say a touch more warmth in the low end, maybe just add a bit of sub to the kick.

I'm definitely feeling this man, proper dark has a nice industrial warehouse vibe to it. Good stuff.

BRADLEE
15-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Glad you like it overall Judis, Hmm maybe I'll try to go thru the mix one more time. Just not been on the music mission the passed couple weeks with working on my site. But soon once I got it sorted I'll mess with this a bit more.

Thanks for leaving me feedback homie and glad you like the song itself.

278d7e64a374de26f==