PDA

View Full Version : Watch out.

DannyBlack
10-08-2007, 09:26 PM
if you had to choose just one track and one track only what would it be that got you into techno. the one that made you say "f**k yeah, im getting decks..."

for me it was:

Watch Out - Marco Bailey VS. Redhead (Part 1 of 3)

this track hooked me in with its really deep evil impending doom type bassline and voice sample. i heard it on world service 1 by mr Clarke.

still gives me shivvers.

wrong
10-08-2007, 10:52 PM
just one!! arrgh.. thees no way!

theres so many.. there were a couple before but i reckon overall.. and i know its a kind of obvious answer.... energy flash triumphs again

The Overfiend
10-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Laidback Luke - Act The Fool (Touche)

dirty_bass
10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
It`s completely impossible for me to say.
I got into the music via industrial music, and slid into techno naturally.
It was the free party scene, and monstrous soundsystems that got me into techno as an unhealthy obsession, before I woke up again and rediscovered music as a whole, about 6 years later, slightly dazed and confused.
If I had to say anything, I would say, Turbosound Floodlight, Court Accoustics black box series, and the unknown heroes of the london squat party scene, got me into techno.

RDR
11-08-2007, 12:41 AM
Not a record.. a man

Claude Young.

Craig_Lea
11-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Communications was the very first Techno release that I ever bought, and in particular it was Optic that totally blew me away.
I'd read about Surgeon, about his hard and abrasive sound, and it didn't disappoint in the slightest.
I remember being amazed at the way the beeps seemed to lengthen and overlap each other.
From then on I couldn't get enough.

dan the acid man
11-08-2007, 04:16 PM
are friends elektrik by plastikman

MARK ANXIOUS
12-08-2007, 06:36 AM
i was lucky to be into electro at the time, but the first techno record i bought that made me search for more like it was one of the very first techno records ever made - cybotron 'clear'. although i suppose it was seen as just different sounding electro at the time. (shit i wish i'd have been around for 'alleys of your mind' heheh)

ok well it's gotta be model 500 'no ufo's', that shit really hit me so hard. there's not another record out there that moves me like that does. that key change sends me dooolally :)

loopdon
12-08-2007, 06:41 AM
if you had to choose just one track and one track only what would it be that got you into techno. the one that made you say "f**k yeah, im getting decks..."

for me it was:

Watch Out - Marco Bailey VS. Redhead (Part 1 of 3)

this track hooked me in with its really deep evil impending doom type bassline and voice sample. i heard it on world service 1 by mr Clarke.

still gives me shivvers.

love that tune as well.

DannyBlack
13-08-2007, 04:41 PM
granted it is a very tough one to call, i think with 'watch out' its deffinately fed by the whole CD, but it was when i heard that dark bass line that was it.

djfilthmonger
14-08-2007, 06:40 PM
for me it has to be

Mumps Mechanisms H
I think its this one its the one with the evil bass line
first record i got too

The Overfiend
14-08-2007, 06:56 PM
THat was one of the best era's in techno back then, especially that double triple pack Code Red, Utility Plastics, and Beyer and Carola on Drumcode, The Red Pattern Play!

278d7e64a374de26f==