PDA

View Full Version : rsj- deluxe --funky techno for ya!!

stjohn
10-08-2007, 09:51 PM
my head was bouncing all day gettin this done!!! its a funker!
let me know what u think
thanks

www.chrome-metronome.net/deluxe2.mp3 (http://www.chrome-metronome.net/deluxe2.mp3)

BRADLEE
10-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Break is my favorite part of the tune homie...haha Track itself is pretty cool thus far too Rory. Was just really expecting some other dynamic sort of element to come in right after the break...the break feels really epic and huge, then it just sort of goes back into the same thing before the break. I hope that makes sense homie...I quite like the tune. Just feels like something is missing when it comes right back in after the main long break section...

BloodStar
11-08-2007, 11:43 AM
yeah, i like this,. proper funky track with nice energy in basses,. goog good. all those little edits work well with the groove and fit there smoothly. i am lovin that square bass sound around 3.10. wicked.
production is good,. it has nice presence and punch, maybe track is too bright at some moments,. that hi hat sounds which kicks in around 1.50 is too sharp,. my ears start bleeding when it plays :].
other than that, i am liking it as it is.

stjohn
11-08-2007, 03:48 PM
thanks lads!! great advice! at Bloodstar... i think i boosted a bit too much when i went to master is myself.. ill give the hi's another look just in case.. but i can hear it piercing a bit!!

might go back and add something for after the break too!!! to keep it moving!!

thanks again :cheese:

BRADLEE
11-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Yo Rory,

No offense mate...I hope it wasn't taken like that. You know I love the tunes. But it's because of the super high standard that you've already set for yourself that my expectations of you are so high. Others...well it all depends on who it is as to what I expect of them.

I just know you have the abilities to do just a bit more and really make this one manic son of bitch!!!! Alright enough from Mr.Brad...Drinking the morning water and having the nicotine....yes I"m back on smoking.

stjohn
12-08-2007, 07:12 AM
cool man i respect you for it... i have been thinking this tuen over and low and belhold i think you are 100% right... a 2nd look can make this little number that much better!! mate... youre a sound ****er and i hope that one day i can smoke some fat spliff with you and i 100% respect your opion!!
!!!

Little_Fella!
12-08-2007, 01:51 PM
This tune really crosses the boundary, for me, between 'chin-scratch' glitchyness n good solid dancefloor groovin... or combines the two in a very thoughtfull and interesting way

The type of tune that if you knew the tune well n then heard it on the dancefloor, you would be the most serious mover out there...:)

All that programming is works really well and is certainly something to aspire to...

As for adding something more, I'm not sure on that as the tune centres on itself very well already and the mind is quite happy dealing with the intricacies that have been laid out so far... difficult to call on that one... if ya don't mind me sayin'...:;

Reckon you should think of a more suitable name tho, as 'deluxe2' tells me nothing...:cool:

stjohn
13-08-2007, 07:20 PM
cool man i respect you for it... i have been thinking this tuen over and low and belhold i think you are 100% right... a 2nd look can make this little number that much better!! mate... youre a sound ****er and i hope that one day i can smoke some fat spliff with you and i 100% respect your opion!!
!!!
was off my head in a mates house... typing this the other night :)

BRADLEE
13-08-2007, 07:28 PM
No worries Rory, we should burn on some time homie.

stjohn
13-08-2007, 07:28 PM
This tune really crosses the boundary, for me, between 'chin-scratch' glitchyness n good solid dancefloor groovin... or combines the two in a very thoughtfull and interesting way

The type of tune that if you knew the tune well n then heard it on the dancefloor, you would be the most serious mover out there...:)

All that programming is works really well and is certainly something to aspire to...

As for adding something more, I'm not sure on that as the tune centres on itself very well already and the mind is quite happy dealing with the intricacies that have been laid out so far... difficult to call on that one... if ya don't mind me sayin'...:;

Reckon you should think of a more suitable name tho, as 'deluxe2' tells me nothing...:cool:

cool man...thanks for the listen..yea deluxe is a working title!! i will tone down the sequence i think.. and work on it a bit from there... thanks for pointing it out, becuse i think ur spot on. thanks loads for the comments so far, because last friday i was sure it was finsihed...but i know now its not

:)

Tyrisia
13-08-2007, 10:15 PM
The start of this track is awesome, really subtle, then that synth comes in at 40 secs, and although I like the idea, I think a different sound would work better there. Also the main stabs that go through the tune could be a better sound, the da, da-da ones.

I actually like this more second time round, I think it defo one to keep working on. I think if you can work some of the sounds more into unison, you could make better use of that lovely background burble, which I personally reckon should be the focal point of the tune, rather than hiding away. The first 40 secs just sounded soooo good.

Good ideas, a bit more work and it'll be a belter.

Jay Pace
30-08-2007, 11:16 PM
File not found dude. Reupload?

278d7e64a374de26f==