PDA

View Full Version : Blacklisted Mastering

centrifuge
14-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey, was wondering if anybody has sent their tracks off to Blacklisted to get the finishing touches done. I have almost a finished track to send but am a bit wary of sending it without making sure it meets standard requirements. I'm pretty new to the technical aspects of this part of the music making process, having concentrated more on the creation and arrangement of my music - so It's all pretty daunting stuff.

I'm recording from hardware and software instuments into Ableton 6, using an EMU 1820 as my audio interface. Tracks end up as a wav. file somtimes converted to mp3. I don't use any plug ins such as limiters or compressors - generally use Abletons effects to twist the sounds from my hardware and arrange it there also.

I've read the web page recommendations but would really appreciate some sort of checklist I should be adhering to before sending my productions off to Blacklisted or any other studio for that matter.

eyeswithoutaface
14-08-2007, 10:21 PM
the website is pretty self explanatory i thought, but you should give Chris a ring and have a chat with him, he'l put your mind to rest

wikid service anyway, highly recommended

RDR
14-08-2007, 10:40 PM
the website is pretty self explanatory i thought, but you should give Chris a ring and have a chat with him, he'l put your mind to rest

wikid service anyway, highly recommended

+1

Chris is a good egg and will be actively helpful.

if you;re nice to him of course ;)

centrifuge
15-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Cool - think i'll try and get it finished and have a go at least - thanks for the responses :)

Jay Pace
22-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Chris is the man, recommend him highly.

When you send stuff - don't run any master compression or limiting. Get your mix as well balanced as you can then leave the rest to him.

Give him a call mate, he's very friendly and very helpful.

278d7e64a374de26f==