PDA

View Full Version : Demo's wanted...

FuK-NuT
15-08-2007, 04:42 PM
This time from the Female's amoung us who spin TECHNO....espesh from the uk, so if u know of any please get in touch and ill send details of where to send demo's...

thanks...

DannyBlack
15-08-2007, 05:19 PM
i could tuck my cock and balls between my legs and get one into you. :laughing:
i will put the word out matey.

conor256
15-08-2007, 10:55 PM
i would reccommend dj pheeva from wales as a really good dj........ she played for us in belfast in june - banging techno mixed very well .......

ill point her your direction.....

clubsynthetic
15-08-2007, 11:10 PM
yas milkybar chris. bring em to us. we'll stell them all ;)

The Overfiend
15-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Where's Natasha these days?

FuK-NuT
17-08-2007, 10:14 AM
2 recomendations so far...

Tiptoe
17-08-2007, 12:50 PM
my good mate and techno experiment promotor oriel

eviled303
18-08-2007, 10:34 AM
well, if its female dj's you're after then there's clearly only one. Pheeva's head and shoulders better than any other female techno dj ive seen, she has a great range to her music and her mixing's tight as ****. every time i hear her play she gets better. big up the welsh tart http://www.myspace.com/djpheeva, www.givewayrecords.com

RDR
20-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Try Missperception from round my way.

she does a live set and is a resident at Joy in leeds.

myspace.com/missperception06

im sure she'd be up for it. enthusiastic lass.

clubsynthetic
20-08-2007, 04:11 PM
tidy too

FuK-NuT
26-10-2007, 02:28 PM
bump....

nick_anarchy
09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
well, if its female dj's you're after then there's clearly only one. Pheeva's head and shoulders better than any other female techno dj ive seen, she has a great range to her music and her mixing's tight as ****. every time i hear her play she gets better. big up the welsh tart http://www.myspace.com/djpheeva, www.givewayrecords.com

i 2nd that !

fatcollective
10-11-2007, 12:11 AM

i third that...Pheeva fvcking rocks!!

Microdot
10-11-2007, 01:28 AM
my good mate and techno experiment promotor oriel

word. I reckon Oriel's about the best female Techno DJ around.

Kells
10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
best techno female DJ is deffo Missperception, miles above any other out their, come on, how many male djs never mind female, do a full live set consisting only of their own material..

not only are her tunes awesome, so is the way she constructs her set, puts to shame soooo many big name male DJ/producers..

Joy Fave Joey Beltram has been rocking her tunes not to mention loads of others

If you havnt yet heard her play, do so soon..one to watch for the future mark my words :)

RDR
10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
best techno female DJ is deffo Missperception, miles above any other out their, come on, how many male djs never mind female, do a full live set consisting only of their own material..

That would be me :)

Hows angie doing ATM? i rarely get to speak to her.

Microdot
10-11-2007, 02:59 PM
That would be me :)

had to re-read that one :laughing:

Kells
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM

Doing bloody good hehe

lots happening, labels wanting her stuff, etc....doing really well, but deserves it as she works harder at than anyone i know...

She has got a promoter from austria and one from Germany wanting her to play for them on NYE also,

so yeah in a nutshell..things are more than good :)

RDR
12-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Doing bloody good hehe

lots happening, labels wanting her stuff, etc....doing really well, but deserves it as she works harder at than anyone i know...

She has got a promoter from austria and one from Germany wanting her to play for them on NYE also,

so yeah in a nutshell..things are more than good :)

Excellent news :)

Tell her Chris says hi, and phils probably jealous.

PS - dont repeat what she says back... probably rude. :laughing:

JamieBall
20-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Me.

How the **** is it your own 'live set' if you're playing other peoples tunes ? This REALLY gets my goat.

Back to the topic, anyways...

rhythmtech
20-11-2007, 08:53 AM
she probably means an ableton live set?

JamieBall
20-11-2007, 09:01 AM
she probably means an ableton live set?

Yeah, um, I'm a bit unsure about this one.

So 'Ableton live set' doesn't actually mean 'live' it just means NOT decks but STILL other peoples stuff.

I don't have any probs with people playing other folks gear, just don't claim it/have it publicised as your own...

Oh, it all gets so confusing.

JamieBall
20-11-2007, 09:01 AM
And I know, personally, that the Jakn boys are after a 'proper' live set.

Probably.

rhythmtech
20-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah, um, I'm a bit unsure about this one.

So 'Ableton live set' doesn't actually mean 'live' it just means NOT decks but STILL other peoples stuff.

I don't have any probs with people playing other folks gear, just don't claim it/have it publicised as your own...

Oh, it all gets so confusing.

i guess it all depends on how its worded.

an ableton live set is any set done on ableton

an abelton live set is a live set without hardware (unless you have hardware running thru ableton)

i guess??? :ohdear: :laughing:

JamieBall
20-11-2007, 09:18 AM
My gripe is you don't turn up to hear, I dunno, "Foo Fighters" or some other big band play a night of other peoples music if it's billed as FOO FIGHTERS LIVE.

Any permutation of an artists name with 'live' featured after it tends to point the listener towards thinking they're going to be seeing a show of that artists material.

Fair enough people might want to drop some other tunes etc but then aren't you just effectively DJ'ing ? (at a level where, perhaps, you're not able to mix the records fast enough if you actually had to DO IT ?)

ABLETON DJ SET should start getting mentioned on flyers, imo. I can stay at home and put on techno rekkid after rekkid, if I'm stepping out to see someone 'live' I often get a little miffed if it ain't.

Plus, you're kinda lying to people then - aren't you ?

You can expect a percentage of the punters will go home thinking that is 'your' sound, when in reality it's just the sound of the other peoples music you've been playing all night...

It's a goddamn minefield, it really is...

rhythmtech
20-11-2007, 09:23 AM
i dont really care anymore to be honest. as long as the music is good then its good.

i dont think anyone intentionally sets out to deceive people (although if billed as live, i, like you, expect a live set).

i think when i played for jak'n lads they billed it as an ableton set, which is what it was.. certainly not live.

but heres one for you to ponder. sometimes i'll dj out all my own tracks on live, aswell as 3/4 seperate tracks of bass, perc, synth loops of my own aswell. what the hell is that classed as? :laughing:

JamieBall
20-11-2007, 09:29 AM
i dont really care anymore to be honest. as long as the music is good then its good.

i dont think anyone intentionally sets out to deceive people (although if billed as live, i, like you, expect a live set).

i think when i played for jak'n lads they billed it as an ableton set, which is what it was.. certainly not live.

but heres one for you to ponder. sometimes i'll dj out all my own tracks on live, aswell as 3/4 seperate tracks of bass, perc, synth loops of my own aswell. what the hell is that classed as? :laughing:

It's classed as a ableton DJ set in my book. Maybe. Or something. Kinda like a DJ adding in stuff from samples off kaoss pad 3 or something, it's your own music chugging along underneath and you can still piss about on top of it. Yeah, ableton DJ I reckon I'd call that.

It's breaking into too many ableton sub-genres now though, isn't it ? Goddamn it just BEHAVE with ableton and things should fall into place haha

I'm forever looking for answers to questions which continue to vex me lol

A lot of them are, essentially, unanswerable. LOL

rhythmtech
20-11-2007, 09:31 AM
yeah. its too much of a minefield these days.

its all just a bit of bang bang anyway :)

JamieBall
20-11-2007, 09:36 AM
its all just a bit of bang bang anyway :)

Just like a minefield, then ;-)

fatcollective
20-11-2007, 09:37 AM
i think an ableton live set should be all your own tracks...if you play other peoples tracks it should be called an ableton dj set!!

personally i would never play other peoples tracks in my own ableton set, thats what records are for!!

A.P.
20-11-2007, 09:39 AM
i think an ableton live set should be all your own tracks...if you play other peoples tracks it should be called an ableton dj set!!

personally i would never play other peoples tracks in my own ableton set, thats what records are for!!
i agree

RDR
20-11-2007, 10:18 AM
+1

But the boundaries ARE blurred... using a sampled loop in your set.. despite everything else being yours is not really 100% your stuff is it.

But then what about those early house DJs who edited disco tracks to extend them? Its still being done today. But that's called a remix.

If you can use other peoples stuff and make it your own via on the fly editing i think that's perfectly acceptable provided you bring something new to the party.

LIVE PA should be original stuff.

MASH-UP would be a better description, it doesn't give rise to a lie, yet it sounds good.

FuK-NuT
20-11-2007, 11:41 AM
am with jamie on this one....

Kells
20-11-2007, 09:33 PM
just dont worry about it so much...music is music and i tell u this, most the djs who have graced the decks at JOY, well the ones who play live sets, and some very great producers too i might add!! have played other producers tracks in their ableton sets,this is the norm, believe me! Joy resident, missperception has only once done this tho on her warm up set for the first half hour not that it matters, id always support other producers in my set, be it a deck mix or a laptop mix., i think she commands respect for what she does..
some people need to relax a little and stop been so anal about things like this..

Personally i still like to see a dj play a real Deck mix, as thats as raw as it gets and shows a real DJ Skill.. but its getting less and less in this day and age.. but i dont moan about it, if the dance floor is moving, thats the main thing.

Reading some of what i have in this thread it seems some people dont go out much at all..yet moan about it.... bloody lunacy hahaha..

in a nut shell..... who really gives a shit when they are in the club rocking?

clubsynthetic
27-11-2007, 08:46 PM
+1

But the boundaries ARE blurred... using a sampled loop in your set.. despite everything else being yours is not really 100% your stuff is it.

But then what about those early house DJs who edited disco tracks to extend them? Its still being done today. But that's called a remix.

If you can use other peoples stuff and make it your own via on the fly editing i think that's perfectly acceptable provided you bring something new to the party.

LIVE PA should be original stuff.

MASH-UP would be a better description, it doesn't give rise to a lie, yet it sounds good.

Thats all very well, but if some people deem that no new or fresh sound has came from using other people's stuff and some deem it has, then is it live?

Personally i would like to think that proper live is the way an artist interacts physically with his equipment. More physical input = more live. As RDR said you can take other people's music and make it into your own (maybe a computer could do that and make it sound good) but watching an organism physically effect the dynamic of there sound seems most live to me.

278d7e64a374de26f==