PDA

View Full Version : Mark Tyler

dirrrti
16-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Can anybody tell me what ever happened to this guy?
I think his last release was No Entry 14, in 2004.
It' s a pity that we couldn't enjoy more tracks from him, some of them are very good.

Si the Sigh
16-08-2007, 11:40 AM
He went back to his day job of either being a plumber or a carpenter I believe. I also gather part of the reason he left the scene was because he pissed a few people off. To be honest, Guy should take the credit for 90% of the releases Mark Tyler put out, if not more...

A.P.
16-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, he fits kitchens now.
No Entry was a top label, i've got every release here.
London Tribal Techno!

pat_mcgerkin
17-08-2007, 01:02 AM
I also gather part of the reason he left the scene was because he pissed a few people off.

Details or stfu :briggin:

Si the Sigh
17-08-2007, 07:40 AM
I don't want to say just in case what I heard is wrong.

fatcollective
17-08-2007, 09:25 AM
i think alot of his stuff was written by the Geezer.

Si the Sigh
17-08-2007, 09:52 AM
i think alot of his stuff was written by the Geezer.

No shit! :cheese:

Check every Mark Tyler record you've got. 99% of them have Guys name on. Every Mark Tyler record sounds like Guy on an early RAW tip.

dirrrti
17-08-2007, 11:19 AM
It' s very possible there' s a lot of Geezer in Mark Tyler tracks but the ones I like have something that the most RAW hasn't, they 're richer in sounds and rythms.

I'm taking about tunes like London, let's have yer, Rush or the Super:vision releases in No Entry (these ones with Ant).

Si the Sigh
17-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Did Mark Tyler ever release anything he'd done by himself?

A.P.
17-08-2007, 02:49 PM
It' s very possible there' s a lot of Geezer in Mark Tyler tracks but the ones I like have something that the most RAW hasn't, they 're richer in sounds and rythms.

I'm taking about tunes like London, let's have yer, Rush or the Super:vision releases in No Entry (these ones with Ant).

Yeah, i see what ya mean their mate

FuK-NuT
17-08-2007, 03:50 PM
who gives a shinny shit....half the techno out there is written by some1else...lol

the boy done a good job...was a fan of his lables ;)

rhythmtech
17-08-2007, 03:58 PM
who gives a shinny shit....half the techno out there is written by some1else...lol

the boy done a good job...was a fan of his lables ;)

exactly.. leibing has someone, bailey has someone...

echodek
17-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Rush was a great tune... as was Take Out the Trash. Boscaland Records went out in quite a blaze of glory as I recall!

dirrrti
17-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Pistoloco - The Accelerator is a good tune so.

This one is credited with Guy McAffer, and it's easy to notice, but it stills being richer than an average RAW tune. I think this kind of details are the Mark Tyler's contribution to the London sound.

Siege
21-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Mark wrote them..guy engineered them.
Thought search and destroy was a good tune...no entry 1 i think?

Little_Fella!
24-08-2007, 05:24 AM

Yeah, I agree here...

You could pinpoint Mark Tyler's sound at the time.. and I would head for his releases...

One of my faves was Bionic Orange 14 - 'Eating Chinese/ 'The Hero' - Zero (6), which was the above mentioned and you can follow this link around their collaborations...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Zero+(6)

Glad they did...

Nice one Siege - I didn't know that...:cool:

fils_here
26-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Pistoloco - The Accelerator is a good tune so.

This one is credited with Guy McAffer, and it's easy to notice, but it stills being richer than an average RAW tune. I think this kind of details are the Mark Tyler's contribution to the London sound.

yeh pistoloco man!! top tune, had quite a few no entry records myself back in the day.

Aratron
28-08-2007, 10:20 PM
No Entry 4 - A side No Entry - is a top tune.

plus The City is a really good tune, tunes for the dancefloor but acidic as ****

hypothalamus
28-08-2007, 10:37 PM
re-entry 9 is where its at! like quite a few of the no-entry's and re-entry's but alot of em are more filler than killer.

zyclone
29-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Agreed !! B2 on Re-Entry 9 is a killer track! :D

John Rowe
31-08-2007, 04:17 PM
uninspired techno records, most have pretty rough production (not intentional I think) sold most of mine for a quid each, have'nt missed them, there was far better stuff at the time.
sorry if i've insulted anyone....but you know what I mean.

Aratron
31-08-2007, 04:18 PM
uninspired techno records, most have pretty rough production (not intentional I think) sold most of mine for a quid each, have'nt missed them, there was far better stuff at the time.
sorry if i've insulted anyone....but you know what I mean.

:laughing:

278d7e64a374de26f==