PDA

View Full Version : Manchester City vs Manchester United

Numeric
17-08-2007, 08:32 AM
huge game this on sunday, City will fancy themselves as they have started the season really well, no doubt they will attack and try to play some football, which will suit United and hopefully open up space to be exploited...

i guess Nani will start on the left with probably Fletcher taking Cristiano's place on the right, and then Giggs with Tevez up-front, i just wish either Louis or Ole were fit...

absolute must three points for the Reds!!

c'mon United!!

fatcollective
17-08-2007, 11:46 AM
dont think ronaldos ban starts yet, so he might be playing...would like to see Anderson have a start too, but deffo a must win for utd!! i'll be watching it for sure....come the reds!!!

LittleMinx
17-08-2007, 11:54 AM
yeh i heard he's ban dont start yet!!

We should be alright for this game, there is word that Anderson is playing

C'mon utd:cheese:

Numeric
17-08-2007, 12:28 PM
it says on the United website that Ronaldo will not be available due to the red card and that Anderson is still recovering from hamstring strain, Hargreaves is also unlikely due to tendenitus, Louis and Nev are back in training but still not fit for selection...

Esox Lucius
17-08-2007, 12:48 PM
shit on the citeh scum

basslinejunkie
17-08-2007, 01:07 PM
come on man shitty

Will
17-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Yeah, come on City, we're all with you!

Frank Dogshit
17-08-2007, 08:46 PM
go on sven lad!

beat them dirty horrible glory supporting fukknuckles!

Numeric
18-08-2007, 11:29 AM
jealousy, such a horrible emotion :laughing:

Eddowion
18-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Difficult one to call this.
High fliers on max points vs mid table mediocrity.

Numeric
18-08-2007, 12:44 PM
:laughing:

very witty :;

Eddowion
18-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Only jokes, I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly.

xes
19-08-2007, 02:11 PM
All manu so far,well,appart from the goal :cheese:

I was just sitting there thinking that they need to start pinging them in from far out. Cos they can't get anywhere near the box. City defence has been solid,Richards is a rock.

xes
19-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Looking forward to the second half now,hope City hang on,cos I have a feeling they're going to need to. United are going to hammer them silly,and if they don't score,they're going to start getting arsey and fouling people up.

if Manure can score early,then I reckon they'll pinch a late goal and win it.

french_og
19-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Sven Sven Sven Goran Erikssen!!!!

Get in there!!!!

xes
19-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Is Sven going to show English football why he should still be England manager?

Great result,not just for City,but for everyone in the Prem. Well,appart from ManU fans,but they don't count,because they're not really people :laughing:

Numeric
19-08-2007, 04:32 PM
f**king nightmare...

United did everything but score, and were by far the better side, Hargreaves did well but Nani was completely out of his depth...

it's a crisis now as far as the league is concerned, we need a striker...

City are still s**t, and so is Sven, they just got lucky, United should have buried them...

french_og
19-08-2007, 04:46 PM
City are a very well organised side by the looks of things and although Utd should of scored City defended very well.

Talk of Utd going for Anelka. When is Saha back fit?

Numeric
19-08-2007, 04:53 PM
i hear that Louis is back in training but no idea when he will be ready to return, we need him desperately at the moment, i think him or Ole would make a huge difference right now with Rooney out, it's a nightmare scenario for United this start to the season, i'd welcome Anelka with the way things are...

City defended well but we really should have had them today, Richards was awesome...

dan the acid man
19-08-2007, 05:56 PM
good result for city, they're looking much better than last seasons boring side

french_og
19-08-2007, 05:59 PM
£50,000,000 has helped!!!!!

Spacehopper
19-08-2007, 06:39 PM
ha ha .....fergusons face when he thought teves had got that back post header........priceless!!!..........keep chewing mate

Spacehopper
19-08-2007, 06:42 PM
teves would have scored that goal if he had a neck

Spacehopper
19-08-2007, 06:43 PM
he might be able to help out with relegation like he did with west ham

xes
19-08-2007, 07:16 PM

Carlos Tevez
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/street_fighter_blanka.jpg

Blanka from Street Fighter
http://images.sportinglife.com/07/05/330/CarlosTevez_221266.jpg

SlavikSvensk
20-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Is Sven going to show English football why he should still be England manager?

i think mclaren's already demonstrated that :;

good for sven...heja sverige's son!

LittleMinx
20-08-2007, 08:09 AM
f**king nightmare...

United did everything but score, and were by far the better side, Hargreaves did well but Nani was completely out of his depth...

it's a crisis now as far as the league is concerned, we need a striker...

City are still s**t, and so is Sven, they just got lucky, United should have buried them...

We should of buried them cos we were the better side without a doubt, not a very good start to a season, but bearing in mind its the start of the season were without rooney and ronaldo, and our new players are adjusting to the team, so shitey citey can enjoy top place while it last cos they aint gonna be there long!!!:;

Watch this space!!!!! We WILL be back on form soon :cheese:

basslinejunkie
20-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Hahahahahahahaha

kai
20-08-2007, 11:21 AM
We need a forward - with hindsight shouldn't have sold Rossi - though couldn't have known Rooney would break his toe in first game while we're already without Saha and Ole and Tevez not match fit yet.

Worrying.. very worrying... we need a run of wins or we're f.u.c.k.e.d for the league and with no end in sight to goal scoring issue not looking good - dominated every game so far but one goal from three games not good enough!!

Four strikers in the squad but two of them are sicknotes (Ole & Saha) means we were always gonna struggle if Rooney got injured - think we should realy have got rid of Saha not Rossi to balance the books and keep the Glazers happy - unfortunately noone wants to buy a sicknote!!!!!

Big problems at the mo! Not happy!

No doubt we'll come good once Rooney back but could well be too late by then!

french_og
20-08-2007, 01:11 PM
I can't believe after 2 or 3 games gone we have people talking like this. Martine Jol talked of gettting the chop, Curbishly has 8 games to save his job. Utd have lost the league already??

A lot will happen before the end of the season and Utd are well capaple of winning 10 on the spin espeically with the quality of players. Most of last season they played with only Rooney as Saha was injured.

Looking at the start of the season it does though seem like it could be close this season.

kai
20-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Over last few years its taken 28 wins to take the title - means you can only afford to fail to win 10 games all season - having failed to win three so far, and with another 5 or 6 to play before we get Rooney back, it dont look good unless Tevez can start hitting the goals in the meantime.

As I say, think problem with our squad is not the number of forwards, just the fact that of the four you can rely on Saha and Solsjkar being missing at least half the time, so with Rooney out now, and Tevez not match fit and still finding his feet, we've got big problems that need resolving very quikly.

Trouble is money had to be recouped after spending big - and Smith and Rossi were the forwards other clubs were interested in as noone wants a sicknote like Saha at the end of the day. Seems to me every transfer window he's injured, so we never even get the opportunity to get rid!

Having said all that, with lots of teams looking good and capable of taking points this year - Shitty, Portsmouth, Everton, Reading, Blackburn, West Ham, Spurs, Newcastle et al, then perhaps the league will be a bit more even and we'll see a return to more like 80pts to win the title.

marginmaster
20-08-2007, 02:43 PM
big lolz

dan the acid man
20-08-2007, 03:32 PM
no need to panic yet i suppose, cos chelski aren't looking all that either.

you can certainly lose the league in the first month though

kai
20-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah but Chavski never look that good - they just always do just enough to grind out a win... whether by a dodgy penalty, Drogba bagging one or whatever they always seem to grind out results despite playing shit for 89 minutes of games.

Kinda the opposite to what we're doing at the mo!

Frank Dogshit
20-08-2007, 06:27 PM
i love it when a plan comes together.....

brilliant city....the fear factor of playing them scrubbers is over.

Numeric
20-08-2007, 07:30 PM
i love it when a plan comes together.....

brilliant city....the fear factor of playing them scrubbers is over.

brilliant city?!!?

they were bossed for over 90 mins on their home turf, and scored a flukey goal...

amazing

Insomnia
20-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Some result i have to say, some great defending by City and Richards had to be man of the match for me...

I couldn't believe Tevez put that header wide right at the end!

City come to the emirates next, should i be shitting it?

I will be if Lehmann is in goal, i've had it with him 2 blunders in 2 games enough is enough, take a side step and let Alumnia have his chance i beg you Mr Wenger!!

Numeric
20-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Arse will d**k City mate, no need to worry...

Eddowion
20-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Arse will d**k City mate, no need to worry...
Is that what you really want? Do you hate City that much?
This is why I ask:

Actual conversation between a spurs fan and me

ME "If it wasn't for hating Arsenal, you lot would have no reason to exist".
SF "Thats not true, I love Spurs more than I hate Arsenal".
ME "Ok! scenario, last match of season, Spurs playing Man U, if you win, Arsenal win league. What score do you want?"
SF "I'd want us to lose".
ME "Ok! scenario, last match of season, Spurs playing Man U, if you win, Arsenal win league, if you lose, you don't qualify for Europe. What score do you want?"
SF "I'd want us to lose".
ME "Ok! scenario, last match of season, Spurs playing Man U, if you win, Arsenal win league, if you lose, you get relegated. What score do you want?"
SF (pregnant pause)......."I'd want us to win".
For gods sake..........he had to think about it.

Me personally, I don't care what spurs do, I just want my team to win every game.

Eddowion
20-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Except one.
Cup Final '05
I felt embarrassed when we won on penalties.

kai
21-08-2007, 09:13 AM
So you should have!!!!

As to your point - half the fun of football is disliking opposition teams as well as supporting your own. Me personally I dislike half the premiership for one reason or another, and have soft spots for the the other half, but its all very fluid and largely depends on their relationship to United really as to how I feel about them.

As for the scenario you outline - can fully understand where he's coming from as what goods getting into Europe when your main rivals have bragging rights from winning the league... accepting relegation or even contemplating it's going too far though!

kai
21-08-2007, 09:15 AM
As to Arsenal v City this weekend - dont think either of thems gonna rival us for the league so hope Arsenal put City in their place at the mo - they need shutting up!

Closer to end of season would want City to win though if in a title race with Arsenal.

Numeric
21-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Is that what you really want? Do you hate City that much?

it's not that i want Arse to beat City, just think that if City play like they did vs United then Arse will put at least one chance away, despite their poor finishing...

but ofcourse i dislike City, and Liverpool (the most, yes even more than City), haven't got much time Chelsea or Arsenal either, and then there's Leeds, not mad on Spurs but that's more down to the Spurs fans i've known down the years having a chip on their shoulder about United...

weekender_veteran
21-08-2007, 02:36 PM
not made comment yt as i have only just stopped laughing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

united................... GOING DOWN GOING DOWN GOING DOWN

citeh top of the league, top of the league, top of the league

see you in february red nosed fvckwits

oh, sorry, i still havent stopped laughing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kai
21-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah I bet you haven't after stealing the most one sided game in history.

Was looking at stats for game and Van Der Sar didn't have a single save to make all match - then ya get a deflection with a speculative effort from 30 yards!

C.u.n.t's

As for teams I dislike - kinda echo Numerics really but my order's slightly different:

1) City
2) Leeds
3) Chavski or Liverpool - couldn't choose between them
4) Arsenal
5) West Ham

as for teams I have a soft spot for:

Sunderland, Blackburn, Wigan, Huddersfield, Portsmouth, Everton, Reading, Fulham, Spurs, Newcastle, MK Dons, Shef Utd in no particular order!

Course - once any of them's playing United that goes out the window!

weekender_veteran
21-08-2007, 03:21 PM
i retierate
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mfao @ fegiscum's face when he thought tevez scored :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

manyoo ll nevercatch us n:cheese: ow,

Numeric
21-08-2007, 03:42 PM
weekender you're full of s**t lad, three games and City fans are getting way ahead of themselves, give it a couple of months and the sky blue s**te will be back where they belong, in the lower half of the league, and United will be back where they rightfully belong, at the top!!

Esox Lucius
21-08-2007, 04:06 PM
citeh are a massive club

Will
21-08-2007, 04:24 PM

he might be able to help out with relegation like he did with west ham

Hahahaha, nice comments! United have the worst strike rate in the league too! I think United will have a lot of frustrating games now Reading have shown the way to play them (if you're a lesser team).

Numeric
21-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Reading survived because Rooney went off injured, if he hadn't then United would have won all there games thus far...

Eddowion
21-08-2007, 07:04 PM
dunno mate, one man don't etc

Numeric
21-08-2007, 08:38 PM
to be honest if we'd have had any of our main strikers match fit i believe we'd be lookin at full points from United thus far...

but we haven't so...

lets get Anelka!!

Traxx
21-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Made up you lost you gang of twats.

kai
22-08-2007, 09:24 AM
dunno mate, one man don't etc

It shouldn't no - but what would happen to Liverpool without Gerrard for a couple of months, or Chelsea without Terry (as shown last season when Moaninho whinged about his defence for a month) or Drogba - players of that kind of class always leave a gap no matter how big a team you are - and to have 3 out of strikers out is clearly gonna make it doubly difficult to plug the gap.

Still though, said in the summer we should have gone for Huntelaar with the kinda money we were splashing so no excuses really - reasons but bought on ourselves unfortunately by not going for a goalscorer and buying a team of players who play in the hole - my worry is the team has the look of the Portugal of the Premiership - amazing to watch but lack firepower!

kai
22-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Hahahaha, nice comments! United have the worst strike rate in the league too! I think United will have a lot of frustrating games now Reading have shown the way to play them (if you're a lesser team).

Think it was more Chavski that tought people that in the cup final - and Moaninho made sure everyone got the message with his comments about the tactics employed after the game.

Just as teams have sussed Arsenal out (i.e. play physical), its now realised that United are at their most devestating when you attack them - if ya sacrifice having an attack then we can't hit on the break.

Very negative though aint it and not really good for the game! Everyone in the league knowing they'll be outplayed if they try and play so making the decision just to nto bother playing!

Eddowion
22-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Just as teams have sussed Arsenal out (i.e. play physical),
Quite, except Arsenal have learned how to kick back, ask Repka.
But for dodgy keeping we'd be on max points.
As for United, seen it all before, you can't keep a good team down, the xmas table will look more familiar.

dan the acid man
22-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Reading survived because Rooney went off injured, if he hadn't then United would have won all there games thus far...

it's all if's and buts, you don't know that for sure, anything could have happened, just accept the fact you've got off to a bad start, had some bad luck with injuries (like many teams have aswell) and stop moaning:laughing:

it could be worse, you could support the owls like me

Numeric
22-08-2007, 07:07 PM
dude i wasn't moaning, just expressing my opinion...

:)

Eddowion
22-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Please accept my sincerest condolences.

dan the acid man
22-08-2007, 07:29 PM
dude i wasn't moaning, just expressing my opinion...

:)

i know mate, im just enjoying giving you some stick for a change, it's not often we get the chance to take the piss out of man utd fans:laughing:

Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Numeric
22-08-2007, 07:39 PM
fair do's mate, word is Louis could be back for the weekend, gonna be a huge game against Spurs at Old Trafford...

Will
23-08-2007, 03:52 PM
it's all if's and buts, you don't know that for sure, anything could have happened, just accept the fact you've got off to a bad start, had some bad luck with injuries (like many teams have aswell) and stop moaning:laughing:

Yeah, I know, it's like me saying if the Gunnersaurus had been cheering us on these last few years we'd have won the quad every season.

Microdot
28-08-2007, 03:42 PM
one good thing came from it for me......

I bet my bluenose friend £50 at 4-1 (that's £200 of my money against £50 of his btw) that Utd would finish above citeh at the end of the season. giddy with excitement (and a little drunk) he took the bet..........
like taking candy from a baby :D

278d7e64a374de26f==