PDA

View Full Version : 2CB

Si the Sigh
24-11-2003, 12:01 PM
What do you think of this tune?

2CB, Numbskulls, Run Jenji (Chris Liberator mix) ---> http://www.bangingtunes.com/play.asp?ItemID=2CB1&Side=A :rambo:

Bughead
24-11-2003, 12:07 PM
I like a lot of the 2CB stuff...

Tony
24-11-2003, 12:13 PM
not as good as i expected. bit flat acid normal stuff. its definitely a remix. for good 2cd check 'earth mover' on mental ind. have some clean pants at the ready cos its a wee bit heavier than this track.

Si the Sigh
24-11-2003, 12:18 PM
...i don't need spare pants man! i like it hard 'n' heavy! :lol:

Tony
24-11-2003, 12:34 PM
do you know it though, cos its not a NORMAL tune at all. not so much earth mover as bowel mover, ****s sake boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyz!!!

Si the Sigh
24-11-2003, 12:40 PM
ha ha! nah, i don't know it! you got any links to any online samples mate? can't be THAT hard & heavy can it? ;)

Tony
24-11-2003, 12:46 PM
just tried a quick look in juno for earht mover and its their. **** me!! i just had to have a little chuckle to myself. 'it cant be that hard and heavy can it', erm....yes!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bughead
24-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Yeah that Mental Ind is a great track, heavy as **** :mashed: [/quote]

Si the Sigh
24-11-2003, 01:04 PM
...yea, yea...we'll see! ;) :lol: so come on then? who's got some samples? im gagging to hear this beast now!

Bughead
24-11-2003, 01:47 PM
You can try here but I dont know if they have samples on their site...

http://www.mental-ind.de/index2.htm

Si the Sigh
24-11-2003, 01:49 PM
will take a look mate. ;)

dan the acid man
24-11-2003, 03:08 PM
i like the chris liberator mix, i think its one of his best tunes for a while, not keen on the other side though

jonnyspeed
24-11-2003, 09:01 PM
aye. Well enough for me to buy it. The break is quite long so you have to choose your moment or use it to bring the tune in. The B side is very african tribal kinda stuff. If your wavering give it a miss.

jonnyspeed
24-11-2003, 09:11 PM
That Earth Mover is not my taste. I like hard analogue but not industrial arhhhhhh zzzzzz kinda stuff. Anyway here's the sampe http://217.158.65.110/MP3/SF120786.mp3

dan the acid man
24-11-2003, 09:40 PM
that is a bit hard, sounded like my speakers had broke or something, not my cup of tea

Bughead
24-11-2003, 10:24 PM
That label Mental Ind. is a pretty mad label, lots of collaboration between them and Framework...

Also painted with the same brush would be the likes of "The House of Circa " , " theweedjs" and anything that came out of Trash records

Si the Sigh
25-11-2003, 08:04 AM
ok, ok you guys win. that tunes hard as nails. way to hard for little old me! i bet it sounds proper mental hammered out over a huge system though! :twisted:

crime
26-11-2003, 09:57 AM
I think there is confusion here..

2CB aka Subhead would never have been remixed by Chris Liberator... they do the heavy shit on mental industries...

Obviously another case of someone using a name without checking out first whether anyone else has used it, Subhead have run 2CB as a side label for mad heavy stuff for about 6 years...

It's the first thing you should do if you're thinking about using a name to record under, have a good look round the net and make sure no-one else has used it first....

ampassasinbirmingham
26-11-2003, 10:11 AM

2CB aka Subhead would never have been remixed by Chris Liberator... they do the heavy shit on mental industries...

Obviously another case of someone using a name without checking out first whether anyone else has used it, Subhead have run 2CB as a side label for mad heavy stuff for about 6 years...

It's the first thing you should do if you're thinking about using a name to record under, have a good look round the net and make sure no-one else has used it first....

SHit, i was gonna start a label called crime as well!

Si the Sigh
26-11-2003, 10:37 AM

D'oh! :doh: :lol:

Louk
26-11-2003, 11:09 AM
2cb are an alphamagic label im pretty sure of it - 100% confirmed if numbskulls are producing for em!

Louk

crime
26-11-2003, 06:56 PM
2cb are an alphamagic label im pretty sure of it - 100% confirmed if numbskulls are producing for em!

Louk

well, this definatley seems to be a different 2cb.. Subhead's 2cb offshoot has been going for at least 6 years as I said before, I suspect a long time before this label you talk of (Forgive me if I'm wrong).. I hope the music is more original than the name...

@ Amp:Too late mate, Crime 01 hit the shops yesterday, the Urban mix is probably of most interest to people here...

This thread has definately made me think about trademarking...

ampassasinbirmingham
26-11-2003, 07:03 PM

Louk

well, this definatley seems to be a different 2cb.. Subhead's 2cb offshoot has been going for at least 6 years as I said before, I suspect a long time before this label you talk of (Forgive me if I'm wrong).. I hope the music is more original than the name...

@ Amp:Too late mate, Crime 01 hit the shops yesterday, the Urban mix is probably of most interest to people here...

This thread has definately made me think about trademarking...

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Bughead
26-11-2003, 07:11 PM
yeah, as a mate and i were just discussing, we were thinking of calling our company Michael Jackson as they would probably sue us but we would get huge publicity...

But the huge fine and the stay in the nick turned us off the idea...

278d7e64a374de26f==