PDA

View Full Version : IQ - Return to your body

Barely Human
18-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi all, been a while since i posted something. Not been making any tracks recently. Anyway, found a spare hour so i made this. Nothing special, just some loop driven stuff.

Hope someone likes it -

http://www.thefaction.co.uk/audio/clubfactionresidents/iq/tracks/IQ%20-%20Return%20to%20your%20Body.mp3

The Overfiend
18-08-2007, 10:10 PM
I f*ckin' Love it.

Want it too, hit me up homeboy.

rhythmtech
18-08-2007, 10:21 PM
dl/ing now

rhythmtech
18-08-2007, 10:25 PM
has to be said this is one of the best tunes ive heard on here as far as composition goes.. i cant find any fault with the tune at all.

production seems a touch dull.. could do with being a little cleaner. once you sort that out you're onto a winner. tis a savage tune!

BRADLEE
18-08-2007, 11:16 PM
I really love it my friend!!!! Simply brilliant in my humble opinion. Man, so glad you decided to make a bit of the tech again. Really proper dancefloor track.

Barely Human
19-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Wow, i really cannot believe the response fromt this track. Im flabbergasted. It literally took me an hour to make, and its had no mastering at all.

Re: Brad and Antonio, hit me up on msn or contact me on IQ@thefaction.co.uk and we'll talk about stuff.

Cheers people,

Q

The Overfiend
19-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Welcome to the family my man.

Craig_Lea
19-08-2007, 10:17 AM
That's one seriously quality track for an hours work.

Really nice shuffly feel to it.
Lots of nice little breaks to keep you interested while it builds.
Great use of the sample, effectively kicking back into the tune.
Good stuff all round.
It builds down and ends well too.

Currently there's not a great deal of progression between the breakdown and when you get to that fill at 4.44 though.
You've got layers dropping in and out, but no new major sounds coming in.

I think it could do with probably one more layer to progress it a bit further.
Maybe use something like the section at 4 mins 44 and then add in another layer using the same main hook, but a different sound.
Because it's quite a bassy hook, you could even add in two extra layers, one using mid range frequencies, and one high.
Pitch them around and cut them up a bit and I think this would spot on :)

Barely Human
19-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Just done a bit more work to this, added some new stuff in and tweaked the production slightly. May be a bit bright tho. Ive uploaded the new version to the same place.

Elvio Neto
19-08-2007, 03:25 PM
this track put me a smile in the face :)

brutal stuff

exelent work

BRADLEE
19-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Geebus, is some serious stuff happening homie...updated version is just that much better!!! I can't wait to hear this thing on 20K of sound!!!!!

The Overfiend
19-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Precisely, this one is definitely one the next Dj Mix for sure.

Siege
20-08-2007, 04:07 AM
Yeah man,this is a tune!
not on monitors so cant comment on production but it sounds very good none the less.
Good arrangment and sounds used...love that spooky type bell riff and the lead that arrives later...that would work the floor a treat,the automation on the lead later is cool as well
Not that into the dialogue sample but just personal preference.

very nice trk mate!

Craig_Lea
23-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Loving this even more after the additions, it's just varied enough now I reckon.
Good work.

278d7e64a374de26f==