PDA

View Full Version : Rave Idle - a bit of fun

wrong
20-08-2007, 06:15 PM
RAVE IDLE - www.illfm.net
thursday 23rd august 2007

-ROUND 2- (Techno)

The Premise:

11 producers, emanating from the London underground scene are given a different 'genre' each month and have to produce a track within said genre within that month
.. But who can push the limits, expand your musical horizons or even just make a killer track? YOU DECIDE!! You can vote from the next morning on www.illfm.net by clicking the rave idle speakerbot on the front page..

Tune in this thursday to hear the producers battle it out to a panel of judges including Ronin, Aaron Liberator and Jerome Hill.. I have it on good authority that there may well be a techno legend present in the studio that night, to add some industrial strength to proceedings.

Jerome will be kicking things off at 8.00pm taking you through the history of techno (as he sees it) in an hours set made up of key tracks in the genre from its birth right up to the present day.
Then after the contestants have aired their last month's work, Aaron Liberator of the Stay Up Forever collective shall be spinning tunes from his bag to round up the evening in 'avin it style..

The contestants:

HUE JAH FINK - headfuk, unsound, fak
MACHINOCHRIST - anticulture
BLACKMASSPLASTICS - thorn industries, dead silence
EDIT - uglyfunk, don't, dirty spinach
FREDDY FROGS - frogs records
ATWAR - dolescam records
ELY MUFF - one inch punch, headfuk
THE MYSTERY RAVER - his true identity shall remain a mystery
SPITTING V!TR!OL - dolescam, one inch punch
DJ CONTROLLED WEIRDNESS - unearthly, audio illusion, dead silence
ENRESET - kernel panik, coven H

massplanck
20-08-2007, 09:11 PM
wow.

respect.

A.P.
20-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Love this idea guys, will be very interesting.

DannyBlack
21-08-2007, 11:51 AM
im listening to it now, great idea.

DVNT
21-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Excellent idea.

I shall try to tune in.

Will it be archived/podcasted/downloadable if I miss it, which often happens when my brain stops working when I get home.

Craig_Lea
21-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a top idea.

conor256
21-08-2007, 01:32 PM
good idea this......

just listened to the first show .... the drum and bass/jungle round........ its a bit of a laugh ........

i eded up voting for freddy frog meslf on that round.......

looking fwd to the techno roud....

wrong
21-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Yep.. it'll all be downloadable within a day or two after it airs..
@ conor.. yes.. freddy's track was awesome haha bros... looking forward to seeing what all these lot pull out for the techno round!

djfurness
22-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Ely Muff makin techno????
**** yeah!
and what a clue to the techno legend Jerome, not at all obvious hahaha!

Little_Fella!
23-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Gadzoooks... :exclaim:

A light hearted, fun approach to Techno - what a pleasant surprise...

Very nice idea...

Will have to listen to the download as avin' to swap time for money... will I still be able to vote and if so what's the deadline for entry...:ruquestion:

Oh, and do I get a signed .mp3 of the winning entry if I vote for the right one!!!:briggin:

Craig_Lea
23-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Went for Hue Dja Fink in the end.
Nearly voted for Spitting Vitriol, but I found it a bit frustrating, as it sounded like one massive breakdown, it never seemed to properly kick in.

Looking forward to the Techno round, should be a good one.

DannyBlack
23-08-2007, 10:10 AM
i went for BLACKMASSPLASTICS, savage bass line.

judas_beast
23-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Haha, wicked. Thats way it should be, people having a laugh, not getting all anal and wanking over who knows the most about some obscure technique. Top stuff!

conor256
29-08-2007, 02:30 PM
really liked the sound of the blackmassplastics tune in the techno round....was really dark .........

ended up voting freddy frog again with the 'my new squat in hackney' tune.... i really like the frogs sound......

great wee radio show.....

conor256
29-08-2007, 02:39 PM
also really liked the spitting vitirol track....... does anyone know where that vocal sample is from ?....

"i just dont like techno" ......."you would if you had robot ears" ......

cracker....

messyfuture
29-08-2007, 06:26 PM
also really liked the spitting vitirol track....... does anyone know where that vocal sample is from ?....

"i just dont like techno" ......."you would if you had robot ears" ......

cracker....

yea i'd like to know where that came from too

278d7e64a374de26f==