PDA

View Full Version : England V Germany

Insomnia
22-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Just kicked off the night, anyone checking it out?

Thought Walcott would of least made it on the subs bench!

Lehmann in goal for Germany, can only be good for his confidence.. Hope there is plenty action anyway peeps!

Numeric
22-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Fatty has just scored :laughing:

Numeric
22-08-2007, 08:38 PM
1-1 now

Numeric
22-08-2007, 08:50 PM
1-2 Germany now, what a ping that was...

Insomnia
22-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Entertaining first half it has to be said!

Owen should of really leveled before half time though....

french_og
22-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Lack of sharpness for Owen but the minutes should do him good. Glad Robinson is off.

Numeric
22-08-2007, 09:12 PM
they reckon Rio is injured, he better not be, that's the last thing United need...

digitalboy
22-08-2007, 10:07 PM
they reckon Rio is injured, he better not be, that's the last thing United need...

The 'Hair dryer' sorts out any injury.:laughing:

Insomnia
22-08-2007, 10:12 PM
1-2 full time..

Looks like James is favourite to keep number 1 for the Israel game...

England had the better of the chances i thought....

Numeric
22-08-2007, 10:34 PM
what a shambles :laughing:

Richards did well, have City got him to sign a contract yet? one of the big teams want to offer him a deal...

french_og
22-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Average performace.. Amarteur finishing. This was against a German side missing about 8 normal starting 11 players.

Insomnia
22-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Richards did well, have City got him to sign a contract yet? one of the big teams want to offer him a deal...

Not yet he aint and i find that abit strange as the offer of a new deal has been there for a few weeks, they better hope he does hurry up and sign on cos i'm sure there are a few big clubs keeping a tab on that situation...

Numeric
23-08-2007, 12:25 PM
what was goin on with the BBC pundits last night then? Alan Hansen looked dog rough :laughing:

fatcollective
23-08-2007, 12:59 PM
typical England performance, very boring, not enough good football being played and everyone trying too hard but not actually causing a real threat!

the players that stood out and done well are Richards, Joe Cole & S W Phillips!

i dont even think they will qualify to be honest!!

kai
23-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Typical England definately.

Played well for first 20 minutes then took foot off gas and game died off as we let the hun back in.

Still should have won if we'd buried our chances - if Owen had been fit think he'd have bagged a couple last night.

Thought Richards was outstanding - pains me to say it but prob done enough to go first choice ahead of Neville. Joe Cole looked good, as did Wrighty's son, and personally thought Smithy did a good job upfront - tabloids will say he looked out of his depth as didn't seem to do much, but if other players had timed runs better or taken chances he created they'd be hailing his linkup play and saying his little touches can unlock a defence.

Was thinking about what I reckon Englands best team is through game - reckon 4-3-2-1 is the way to go with Hargreaves holding so Gerrard and Lampard can push on, and Joe Cole n Rooney playing behind Owen with licence to roam. Till Rooney's fit again Smithy could fill that spot. Then Richards and Cashly charging down the flanks to give us width.

Whats other people reckon?

french_og
23-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Nah stick to the basics, it only confuses out players with anything other than 4-4-2.

I would have Joe Cole Left, Gerrard and Hargreaves in the centre and Beckham right. Owen and who ever else up front. Croach only misses one game through suspension.

kai
23-08-2007, 03:09 PM
You say that but core of the team playing that system now at club level anyway - Rooney, Ferdinand, Terry, J. Cole, Lampard, A. Cole, Hargreaves - so maybe wouldn't be such a problem now. Least would mean we can use the strengths of both Lampard and Gerrard at same time by adding Hargreaves in there to cover for them.

As for Crouch - just dont think he's good enough - yeah he has a good goal scoring record at international level but all his goals have come in a few games against, to be frank, shit teams. Would have him in squad as his height gives an extra option but wouldn't build an attack round him.

Numeric
23-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Smithy did well there's no question about that, Richards is good but he's no Nev...

Will
23-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Are you his boyfriend? You're the only one who thinks so!

I'd drop Lampard, he's shit and anyone could have scored his goal - Lehmann looked suspect once again, shouldn't have been beaten at his near post. Hopefully he's either got his mistakes out his sytem or Wenger will drop him.

I'd drop Ashley Cole too because he's an utter cunt... I only bothered watching the first half, but is it me or was Beckham shit? Even his free kicks were shit which are usually his saving grace and SWP's been playing really well lately so him for Beckham...

Owen Rooney/Ashton
Cole Gerrard Carrick SWP
Bridge Terry Woodgate Richards
James

xes
23-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Invisible Horse!!

http://blackred.co.uk/PaulRobinson01.jpg

:laughing:

french_og
23-08-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah Beckham crossing was crap last night but it looked like he was carrying that ankle bigtime. He should of stayed in USA and rested it as we know what he can do.

As for Wright phillips ahead of Beckham that the biggest joke i have ever heard.

Numeric
24-08-2007, 08:57 AM
word is that Maclaren is planning to 'axe' some of the big names including Robinson, Carrick, Rio and Smith!! why the f**k he's chose to pick on Smith is beyond me...

guess he'll be calling them back in a few months time as he did with Becks and James...

Maclaren is a complete t**t, and has no clue whatsoever...

french_og
24-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Smith didn't do anything wrong, his touch and passing was good but he didn't get enough of the ball. After the 1st 25 mins Englands passing got longer and longer and Smith is hardly a big target man.

Smith has a similar problem to Carragher in that he is very versatile and his versatility means he never gets settled into one position.

kai
24-08-2007, 09:30 AM
WTF!!! Guy aint got a clue! Can see the case for Robinson, and maybe even for Carrick as his performances for England hven't been same as for Utd, and Hargreaves better partner for Lamps and Gerrard, but Rio???? Thats just nonsence!

As for Smith - he was one of our most effective weapons against Germany for me, though noting in the end came of his little flicks etc, so why drop him now?

All he needs is a goalscorer alongside him and he can fill the rolr Sheringham did for Shearer, or Beardsley did for Linekar (though in a different way) - trouble is forwards like that are alwazys susceptible to criticism over their lack of goals - but if ya have someone alongside who can get on the end of the chances then whats the problem. And if Owen cant do that anymore then surely he's the one who should be dropped.

french_og
24-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Think Owen can definately do it if he can get back fit and injury free. He still gets in those positions but he has hardly played in a year. We have a massive problem in England with the lack of striking options and with the amount of Foreigners in the English game we will have problems producing them.

Will
24-08-2007, 05:09 PM
yeah Beckham crossing was crap last night but it looked like he was carrying that ankle bigtime. He should of stayed in USA and rested it as we know what he can do.

As for Wright phillips ahead of Beckham that the biggest joke i have ever heard.

We all know you fancy Beckham, just like Neville, but he was shit, whereas SWP had a good game from what I heard and has played really well lately - his crossing has been better than Beckham's, plus he has pace and can go past people - I'd say it was an obvious move to give SWP a chance!

french_og
24-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Where did you get Neville from??? Can't stand him. Much prefer Richards at rightback.

Wright Phillips did ok when he came beat a couple of players but hardly set the stadim alight and yeah has done ok for Chelsea this season but has to do a lot more before he should be starting for England.

Beckham showed in the recent qualifiers and game vs Brazil what he all about.

digitalboy
24-08-2007, 06:47 PM
the problem is, you guys try and get football down to a fine science. I thought you played pretty good, and yeh you could have won if you took the chances.

Quality will prevail in the end, and you guys have that.(God did i really say that!):;

Insomnia
24-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I see Beckham got himself in abit of a bust up playing for LA Galaxy 30 hours after the england game....

Looks like jet lag was kicking in there...

Will
25-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Was that the game that finished 5-4? I caught a bit of that, can't believe he was playing so soon if that was live...

Will
25-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Where did you get Neville from??? Can't stand him. Much prefer Richards at rightback.

Wright Phillips did ok when he came beat a couple of players but hardly set the stadim alight and yeah has done ok for Chelsea this season but has to do a lot more before he should be starting for England.

Beckham showed in the recent qualifiers and game vs Brazil what he all about.

I meant Neville fancies him too. At least if SWP plays he won't take all the set pieces even if nothing's coming off for him. Plus his crossing seemed unbelievable against Liverpool, Beckham-esque, from what I saw on MOTD, picked someone out loads of times, plus he went past people and has pace.

278d7e64a374de26f==