PDA

View Full Version : Robbo..... should he be replaced!!

lukekendall
24-08-2007, 08:43 AM
whats yr verdict???

i mean he is playing turd and has made a few howlers but who have we got to replace him??

james has done well for portsmouth, but in a england shirt when the pressure is on.... i can see him being a donkey once again!!!

Numeric
24-08-2007, 09:00 AM
it's a tough one, yeah he's made a few mistakes but there's not really much option for England at the moment, if he is ever to find form then a little faith from Maclaren is required...

see how he does for Spurs over the next couple of games (hopefully s**t :; )...

shame Foster is crocked...

french_og
24-08-2007, 09:23 AM
James is one of the best keeper in the Prem for Portsmouth but you always have the feeling he will make a mistake but he is far better than Robinson. The reason James may make more mistakes than robinson is cuz James comes for far more crosses. Robinson is rooted to his goal line half the time.

Would like to see Scott Carson put a bit of pressure on them.

kai
24-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah I'd like to see Foster and Carson putting pressure on, but replacing Robinson with James be a backward step for me. He's just as error prone, so why not think long term and show faith in Robbo and hope the show of faith gives him the confidence back which he's lacking at the mo and he can find his form again.

James has always been error prone and always dropped crosses - so for me its changing like for like and end of the dayu therefore I'd favour the younger player who just needs to get his act together at the mo rather than the older one who's never been reliable.

french_og
24-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Agreed... best to either stick with Robinson of give Carson or Foster a run in the side.

Will
24-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Didn't James just make the one error for England and then get dropped? Bit better than Robbo at the moment...

Insomnia
24-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Both are involved in big games this wkend so all eyes will be on them, it's an ideal time to shine.....

kai
27-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Robinson did well at OT - hopefully that'll be him coming into some form.... as for James only dropping the one clanger for England think thats fair point but think back over his career and he's always been dodgy.

djfase
27-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Please no james.

Carson or foster are 2 to look at, but id like to see kirkland given a chance. If the lad is fit, then i reckon he is a cracking keeping

Will
28-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Robinson did well at OT - hopefully that'll be him coming into some form.... as for James only dropping the one clanger for England think thats fair point but think back over his career and he's always been dodgy.

True, but he did pretty well for England and Robinson's had a lot more chances than he got.

278d7e64a374de26f==