PDA

View Full Version : Champions League Draw!

Insomnia
30-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Group A

Liverpool
Porto
Marseille
Besiktas

Group B

Chelsea
Valencia
Shalke 04
Rosenborg

Group C

R. Madrid
Werder Bremen
Lazio
Olympiacos

Group D

AC Milan
Benfica
Celtic
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E
Barcelona
Lyon
Stuttgart
Rangers

Group F

Man U
Roma
Sporting Lisbon
Dynamo kiev

Group G

Inter Milan
PSV
CSKA Moscow
Fernebache

Group H

Arsenal
Sevilla/AEK Athens
Steau Bucharest
Slavia Prague

basslinejunkie
30-08-2007, 06:19 PM
easy group for utd (surprise suprise) and arsenal

Frank Dogshit
30-08-2007, 06:21 PM
isnt that the exact same group celtic were in last year???????

djfase
30-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Good draws for liverpool, chelsea and arsenal.

Utd, celtic, rangers all gonna struggle

kai
30-08-2007, 06:45 PM
isnt that the exact same group celtic were in last year???????

No they were in United's group last year.

kai
30-08-2007, 06:54 PM

How the hell is our group easier than yours! Once again ABU's see conspiracies where none exist!

Porto and Sporting Lisbon - both average sides on the European stage
Kiev and Besiktas - same again, but tricky away games

so that leaves Roma and Marseille...

Surely you cant believe that Roma aren't as strong a side as Marseille??

Okay they played crap at OT last year, but their not gonna play liek that again, and neither are we - that was a bit of a one off night really - and this time their gonna want revenge and to restore some pride.

Roma's record in recent years in European competition pisses all over Marseille's, and Italian teams in general much stronger than the French (we saw how shit their third place team was the other night!!) and that says it all really - espesh as Marseille sold their best player in the Summer!

Numeric
30-08-2007, 07:34 PM

:laughing:

United have easily got the toughest group of the English sides...

Arse have definitaly got it easy...

Insomnia
30-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah i'd say i'm happy with that draw for sure....

Sevilla will be our toughest of that lot, i'm sure they'll get past AEK Athens ...

french_og
31-08-2007, 11:35 AM
All the groups look easy for the Big sides, with 2 teams going through it would be a huge shock if all of them never made it to the next stage.

Esox Lucius
31-08-2007, 11:56 AM
hail hail! mon the hoops

wouldnt say united have got it too easy like, roma wont be easy.

Will
31-08-2007, 03:49 PM
:laughing:

United have easily got the toughest group of the English sides...

Arse have definitaly got it easy...

Yeah, right! Sevilla and Valencia are the best of the 2nd seed teams and Slavia Prague beat Ajax. Chesea have got the toughest group of the English sides (and quite right too!) and Real Madrid probably have the toughest group of the top seeds. Though all the groups are reasonably even, no real groups of death or really easy groups.

kai
04-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Doesn't really matter too much who ya get from the second seeds - you only need a top two finish. Its the strength in depth of the groups thats the telling factor in how diffocult it is to negotiate.

Though I would agree they are reasonably even this year, but if anything Arsenal's is the easiest - you can hardly see Slavia or Steau getting enough points to realistically come into the equation can you

Will
04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
As I said, Slavia beat Ajax, so they're no mugs.

Will
04-09-2007, 04:53 PM
And you want to finish top of your group, so in that respect we've got one of the harder groups.

Eddowion
04-09-2007, 05:33 PM
All the English, Spanish and Italian teams (maybe not Lazio) should go through, think the Scots will struggle but hope they also get through.

Microdot
04-09-2007, 05:37 PM

are you insinuating that the draw is fixed?

liverpool's group looks easier than Utd's tbh.
the rent boys look to have the toughest group of the english teams, arsenal the easiest, though there's no excuse for any of the english teams failing to qualify for the knock out stages.

Insomnia
04-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I think all 4 of the english clubs should make the next round,

Celtic have a good chance of grabbing a 2nd place slot, but i feel Rangers will struggle to get through that group but you never know i suppose...

kai
05-09-2007, 09:55 AM
As I said, Slavia beat Ajax, so they're no mugs.

Ajax aren't the force they used to be - and considering Sparta finished champions ahead of Slavia last season, and we saw the standard of them in the last round, I wouldn't be unduly worried if I were Arsene Wenger.

kai
05-09-2007, 10:00 AM
And you want to finish top of your group, so in that respect we've got one of the harder groups.

Not necessarily true - all depends which group you go against the leaders of and how results go in that group.

The last time we played Real Madrid was straight after the group stage after they had come through in second place. Can't remember who won that group tbh, but it was def a tougher draw to face Madrid.

A lot of the big teams under perform and come through in second place in the group stage - especially as the gap between the first and second seeds often isn't that much.

Insomnia
05-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I still find it hard to believe Bayern Munich never got in this year!

They were always a big threat in the competition...

278d7e64a374de26f==