PDA

View Full Version : equalising mix volumes in Soundforge7

rs1800
02-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi

I recorded my dance night and have a 5 hour track which I can load into soundforge 7 (the only music program I have).

When I look at it some DJs pushed the gains right up and other kept it lower so some hours are at a very different volume to others. (It wasnt noticed so much live as the sound processor limits the signal to the amps). Also some of the more inexperienced DJs have different volumes between tracks as well.

I dont want to spend too much time or effort on this but is there an easy way I can get the volumes about right. It doest need to be perfect, just a bit better before I put it on line as a 192 mp3.

Looking through the menus and help it looks like volume maximiser may do it? If so what setting? Anything else I should use instead?

Any help appreciated. cheers

Jay Pace
03-09-2007, 12:10 AM
I'd draw a manual volume envelope over everything. Bring up the volume where it's low, leave it alone where its loud.

If you use maximisers you'll crush the signal when it gets loud.

Shouldn't take too long. Load the whole thing into cubase or similar, and just draw a volume line to fit the mix. These much better done by a person than a plugin.

278d7e64a374de26f==