PDA

View Full Version : Tyrisia - Stay Beyond

Tyrisia
04-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Well, I've had a good play with this today, and although not finished, I thought I'd post. I'm not sure about the bass, I've eq'd it etc but at some levels on my monitors I get the feeling that it's overpowering, at other levels there aint enough, me thinks I've got a room resonance or summit. It may also need more sparkle, but that ain't a problem.

Stay Beyond (http://www.tyrisia.co.uk/clips/staybeyond.mp3)

Siege
05-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Liking the melodies uve got going on in this Will...good feel and vibe to the trk.
Id make that kick more punchy and drop it down a touch in volume....maybe fatten the bass up a little...sounds like theres room left in the bottom frequencies.
Nice synthwork and the layout and arrangment works well.
Good work so far mate.

Tyrisia
05-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Cheers Cal, I did cut a load outa the low end as I have been para of too much bass ever since someone said that they thought a track I'd posted was way too bassy, I'll back off the eq a bit. The kick is an easy fix too, I cut all the mid outta it in a vain attempt to be arty lol.

BloodStar
05-09-2007, 06:35 PM
fat vibe in this one. nice melodies aswel. i like the arrangement and breaks and also all spacy synths here and there. cool.
production sounds good,.bass is too loud, imo. other than that it is cool track.

stjohn
06-09-2007, 04:51 PM
yea real nice hynotic groove mate, nice1... im with Cal on the kick!! sually im on teh other side of the argument... my shit usually needs more bass.. i always find it healthy to A-B the trackw ith one of your favourites ina simialr vein... see how the balances differ!!!

good stuff man..look forward to the updates

Tyrisia
07-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Cheers guys, the kick has been sorted, the bass will be too in the mixdown, and the whole tune has been changed a bit to give it a more minimal feel. I'll post again soon. Thanks for the comments guys, mucho appreciated :)

Little_Fella!
18-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey up...

Can't add more than what's been mentioned, apart from i noticed you have a scratchy hook sound which seems like it's there to contrast with the smooth melodic-ness of the mix - - not sure that it needs to be there, but if so I would give it a bit more warmth n widen it a bit...

You'll be well on with the update so I'll listen in when you've posted that up...

Nice mix...:cool:

Tyrisia
18-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Well, this has turned round and bitten me in the behind, it's slowed down to 124, and metamorphisised into a minimal chugger, requiring much more attention than I originally intended it to, and with me having pretty much no say in the direction it wants to go in (it lives I tell you, IT LIVES!!). I'm feelin the tune as a whole, bass may be too much but it's meant to be massive, probably needs more eq though, I thinned the kick out as per advice, and it's a little more punchy now, but I don't want it too punchy as I want it just to pulse in the middle of the bassline. I'm waffling now, advice greatly appreciated.

Stay Beyond revised (http://www.tyrisia.co.uk/clips/staybeyond.mp3)

oh yeah, cheers Little Fella for the comments, the scratchy thing is gone now (if I'm thinkin of the right thing), but yeah, you were right on there dude.

278d7e64a374de26f==