PDA

View Full Version : Gerrard Jackin

Numeric
07-09-2007, 12:42 PM
all this talk of him havin pain killing injections so he can play for England...

if he was a United player i'd be up in arms, no way should he be risking further injury by playing through the pain barrier potentialy making his problem worse...

England have other options for the midfield...

Insomnia
07-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah i agree with you there..

I'd be going nuts if he were a 'gunner' dont see the point in risking further injury myself....

I'm sure someone could fill his boots for the games coming up...

Esox Lucius
07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
any player should put club before country, england are mediocre anyway.

Numeric
07-09-2007, 03:23 PM
any player should put club before country, england are mediocre anyway.

aye man, Scholes had the right idea...

it makes me laugh how the media always hype the international s**t so much, when i couldn't really care less, i'll still watch the game though just because it's football...

french_og
08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Hang on a minute... He had a pain killing injection 3 weeks ago vs Chelsea and the only reason Benitez has rested him since is cus they have had easy games vs Sunderland and Derby. If they were games vs Arsenal and Man Utd Gerrard woud of certainly of played.

Gerrard is playing and its good to see he is passionate to play for his country. There are not other options for England that are in the same class as Gerrard.

Apparantly he has had full training now and is playing without a injection anyway!!!!

phantomdj
08-09-2007, 10:58 AM
exactly...

it's pathetic that he could do himself a long term injury and then Liverpool have to foot the bill of his recovery and time out of action which has many direct and indirect effects

why do england expect players to be called at will, yet do not repay all the damage which is caused through it...

it's a pathetic team and boring to watch and means nothing any more. there is no unity in the nation and the only people who give a damn about england are those outside of the premiership who support tiny teams like rotherham.

all those who pretend they care about england ought to write to the bbc slamming them for importing crap american TV programmes and start investing in our own original stuff etc etc....

mcclaren is a waste of time. no balls....

i wont be watching the game, i assure you.

french_og
08-09-2007, 11:15 AM
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!

I will be watching it like a true Englishman!!!!!

Richierush
08-09-2007, 11:21 AM
club befor country dont make me laugh,playing for your country is probably one of the biggest honours i wouldnt give it up for a broken neck:laughing:

dan the acid man
09-09-2007, 07:49 AM
seems he was ok afterall anyway

phantomdj
09-09-2007, 08:46 AM
i suppose u watched the cricket like a true englishman?

or the formula one?

or athletics?

or eat only english foodstuffs to sustain the economy?

or live here in fact ;)

balls to the football team. rather watch the cricket anyway.

french_og
09-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I watched the Cricket all day and then watched the football with one eye on the Rugby also!

Anyway - great performance from England - good to watch. Bring on Russia!!

Esox Lucius
09-09-2007, 01:13 PM
didnt watch the england game, not wasting my time watching turd & zionists who come from stolen land which is not even in europe.

Numeric
09-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Bentley got the boo's pretty bad :laughing:

thought it was a tad out of order meself...

xes
09-09-2007, 02:40 PM
I watched the Cricket all day and then watched the football with one eye on the Rugby also!

Anyway - great performance from England - good to watch. Bring on Russia!!

whilst eating a buttered muffin I hope :grr:

dan the acid man
09-09-2007, 05:03 PM
i only watched the first half as the speedway gp started at 6, saw the second half highlights later on sky

phantomdj
10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
But, when it comes to a matter of club versus country, there's only one winner.

"Of course I want to play for England," he said. "It's everyone's dream to play for their country and I'm no different.

"I know the manager said I was close to being included, but obviously I wasn't close enough.

"All I can do is keep working hard for Liverpool and see what happens. Liverpool is my priority. If it came down to a choice of winning the league with Liverpool or playing for England then there's only one winner there. It would be Liverpool every time.

"It's so long since we won the league

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156937070910-0825.htm

Numeric
10-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Good to see the lad's got his priorities in order...

phantomdj
10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Good to see the lad's got his priorities in order...

definitely, especially after his immaturity earlier on in his career. he is turning into a wonderful player now and Liverpool's passing game is becoming most enjoyable to watch.

for those who say playing for your country is more important....

erm... you can't play for your country unless you give your all for your club and your talent shines through..

playing for the country is an additional bonus on top of the bread and butter of who pays your wages... not the prime goal!

Richierush
11-09-2007, 11:22 PM
win world cup or premier league with liverpool to me it wud be world cup everytime,remebered by one set of fans or an whole country come on be real

Richierush
11-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Bentley got the boo's pretty bad :laughing:

thought it was a tad out of order meself...

out of order this fella might have never played for england again,look at it this way people like us fans dont get the chance to play for england but wud die for a chance an people like him do somethin like that he deserved them boos an more :grr: wanker:grr:

french_og
12-09-2007, 08:34 AM
To be fair Bently is 23 and should not really be picked for the under 21s anyway, i know you are allowed 2 older players but think its better to give and 18 year old experience.

Bentley came out and was honest - plent of other players would of faked injury. The only bad thing was the timing as England could not get a replacement.

That said a few boos and to miss just won senior game he can think hisself lucky and its up to him now to silence the crowd.

278d7e64a374de26f==