PDA

View Full Version : Carbine - We are ravers - B-side!!

christian wagner
09-09-2007, 12:05 PM
http://kinetec.co.uk/view.php?TitleId=917924

Sounds better than the A-side at least.....acid sounds wicked!

APC
09-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I think both sides are poor. That vocal is terrible. The rest of the track (on both sides) is dull. I won't be buying it. I must say I'm disappointed with it.

ollie303
09-09-2007, 01:19 PM
final nail in the coffin for me this tune, not being a dick about it or anything but its embarrassing.

christian wagner
09-09-2007, 02:39 PM
iv only just noticed that vocal is in the B-side :( Still...better than A-side.

Seriously - i have loads of stuff iv made here thats 1000 times better than that track - makes me blood boil!!!

lunatrick
09-09-2007, 02:43 PM
final nail in the coffin for me this tune, not being a dick about it or anything but its embarrassing.
agree....

Aratron
09-09-2007, 04:07 PM
i really like it and will be buying it.

think people here take it all a bit too seriously, its acid techno ffs.

acidguru
09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
i really like it and will be buying it.

Same here!But i have to say that i can understand those being pissed by the vocals,if the vocs were in German,that would sound like Scooter...

benji303
09-09-2007, 06:24 PM
its alright not nothing amazing

A.P.
10-09-2007, 01:25 AM

Well said mate

10-09-2007, 06:42 PM
it's ok but to be hones
when i heard some of the acid tunes by rhythm technologies he posted in filez section months ago
i'm starting to wonder why they are pressing so "normal" tracks while there are some massive bombs unreleased

christian wagner
11-09-2007, 02:21 PM
This release is actully annoying me - i think the B-side is quite decent tbh, but i think its more that its the same macffer style we have all come to know on the A-side which is more annoying than the vocals, but anyway - thats for another thread ;-)

I mean, the vocals fairly cheesy, but isnt the vocal in London Acid city equally as bad? or what about Acid Musik> they all share the same kinda vocals referancing "Acid"

Feck it - il have it anyway :D

Si the Sigh
11-09-2007, 02:57 PM
This release is utter cack. Sorry, but I can't believe acid techno has come to this. What a waste of plastic. I feel sorry for the vinyl it's self. Just think, it could have been a Routemaster release. But alas, it was not to be...

Now it faces a life of shame.

Aratron
11-09-2007, 03:49 PM
This release is utter cack. Sorry, but I can't believe acid techno has come to this. What a waste of plastic. I feel sorry for the vinyl it's self. Just think, it could have been a Routemaster release. But alas, it was not to be...

Now it faces a life of shame.

bizarre

Aratron
11-09-2007, 04:08 PM
This release is actully annoying me - i think the B-side is quite decent tbh, but i think its more that its the same macffer style we have all come to know on the A-side which is more annoying than the vocals, but anyway - thats for another thread ;-)

I mean, the vocals fairly cheesy, but isnt the vocal in London Acid city equally as bad? or what about Acid Musik> they all share the same kinda vocals referancing "Acid"

noticed you havent got any releases out

when you do, then i think you can criticise

Si the Sigh
11-09-2007, 06:53 PM
noticed you havent got any releases out

when you do, then i think you can criticise

Jog on, thats one of the most stupid things you've ever said.

What, so no release means no comment?

Sort it out. Just because someone doesn't produce, doesn't mean that person can't voice an opinion on what sounds good or bad.

Aratron
11-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Jog on, thats one of the most stupid things you've ever said.

What, so no release means no comment?

Sort it out. Just because someone doesn't produce, doesn't mean that person can't voice an opinion on what sounds good or bad.

no i won't sort it out.

people harp on about these wonderful tunes they have written that havent been pressed yet, and slag off artists who do.

you need to sort it out mate. stop living in the past.

Si the Sigh
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
How am I living in the past? Because I prefer the older releases? Because I don't like the latest "lets use the same tired old formula" records? I love acid techno with a passion. It pains me to see whats become of the scene, and the releases.

Look back at Wax a few years ago. A full A4 page of acid techno reviews, everyone a killer, everyone fresh sounding. Look in a magazine now, 1 review, tucked away in the hard house or hard dance scene. Acid techno has lost it's identity, it's lost what made it special. I want to hear hammering, twisted tracks, quality percussion programing, I want to hear the minimal tracks again. I want to hear acid techno, not a branch off of hard dance with 303's.

This tune this thread is about is poor. Really really poor. If you think it's great, then shit hot, pat on the back for you.

I KNOW that the producers can produce much much better. I know that many people who post on here could produce better, loads better.

But just because none of us have releases out, the people who buy these records, doesn't mean we are not aloud to comment.

Si the Sigh
11-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Fu*k me, I even wrote a letter to iDJ magazine (which became a wank worthy star letter winning me a mixer) for moaning that they were not covering the talent of the UK's acid producers, and how this sound deserves to be heard.

Aratron
11-09-2007, 07:29 PM
How am I living in the past? Because I prefer the older releases? Because I don't like the latest "lets use the same tired old formula" records? I love acid techno with a passion. It pains me to see whats become of the scene, and the releases.

Look back at Wax a few years ago. A full A4 page of acid techno reviews, everyone a killer, everyone fresh sounding. Look in a magazine now, 1 review, tucked away in the hard house or hard dance scene. Acid techno has lost it's identity, it's lost what made it special. I want to hear hammering, twisted tracks, quality percussion programing, I want to hear the minimal tracks again. I want to hear acid techno, not a branch off of hard dance with 303's.

This tune this thread is about is poor. Really really poor. If you think it's great, then shit hot, pat on the back for you.

I KNOW that the producers can produce much much better. I know that many people who post on here could produce better, loads better.

But just because none of us have releases out, the people who buy these records, doesn't mean we are not aloud to comment.

dude, the tune is okay. there have plenty and i mean plenty of releases on SUF much worse than this and in the heyday of acid techno.

i'm sure i could play this at a party when everyones in the right state and it would go down well.

xes
11-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I must admit,this is the first suf for a while that I won't be buying.

oh,and for what it's worth,your comment,Aratron,about not releaseing anything,thus not being able to have an opinion. Does that apply to you?

Aratron
11-09-2007, 08:00 PM
I must admit,this is the first suf for a while that I won't be buying.

oh,and for what it's worth,your comment,Aratron,about not releaseing anything,thus not being able to have an opinion. Does that apply to you?

picking on me again for being smarter than you again?:; tut tut

xes
11-09-2007, 08:05 PM
picking on me again for being smarter than you again?:; tut tut

picking on you? You'll know when I'm f*cking picking on you :briggin:

Aratron
11-09-2007, 08:07 PM
picking on you? You'll know when I'm f*cking picking on you :briggin:

you mean it hasnt started yet?:laughing:

Aratron
11-09-2007, 08:09 PM
we are the ravers, acid ravers

come along now everybody

xes
11-09-2007, 08:11 PM
you mean it hasnt started yet?:laughing:

I'm still in the changing rooms,just getting me socks on. You mean you started without me. Bad form sir. :cheese:

Aratron
11-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm still in the changing rooms,just getting me socks on. You mean you started without me. Bad form sir. :cheese:

you loon:laughing:

xes
11-09-2007, 08:21 PM
we are the ravers, acid ravers

come along now everybody I was going to respond to this,with a picure of a smiley face made of cheese. But this is all I could muster.
http://www.labelstudio.de/me/pub/content/cpict/jpg/287580.jpg

I'm sorry.

you'd have thought that there would have been a smiley face made from cheese out there somewhere. There's probably sculptures of fannies and willies and boobs and shit. But no smiley acid faces. I blame the f*cking parents.

Aratron
11-09-2007, 08:27 PM
hunt is on for first mix done by chris lib etc to feature suf 90

squidfanny
11-09-2007, 08:31 PM

That's what I thought until I heard the b-side. I got the tune today, I was well aware of the dodgy vocals, but as I got (almost) all the suf releases then I thought i'd get it anyway.

I agree wid you ollie303, embarrassingly cheezy vocals have ruined a few good suf tunes (purple heart, and compleatly destroyed infect yer love)... I guess shitty girly vocals sell more records and make more cash for the producers. Some people would call this good business sense, but I call it sell out.. I'll never buy infect yer love, even though it leaves a hole in my suf collection. But I gotta say that the b-side to this new release is pretty good, and the a-side is just havin' a laff.. A drunken little party tune to make people laff and to get them talking.. As long as suf don't make a habit of making cheezy/shit tunes then I'll keep buying them, 'cus I like their sound

Aratron
11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
and compleatly destroyed infect yer love)...

more arse talk

that tune is mint

do you even know where the sample is from? you might appreciate it then

parsley909
11-09-2007, 10:52 PM
i like how these days on this forum people dont mince there words it used to be very asslickerish not so now by the seems of it!

and my 2p dont like the sample!

do like purple heart though!

squidfanny
13-09-2007, 06:04 AM
Where IS the sample from (for suf80)? I just presumed it was guy/chris with vodka, lines and a mic.

And 'Infect' DOES completely suck,, I really tried to appreciate it, but it just makes me feel sick to my guts, like when yer a kid and eat too much candy-floss.. Still, tunes like this are all about pocket money for the producers eh? Besides, I'm just some guy with an opinion, nothing more. I love suf, even the shit tunes are still pretty good (except purple heart), and I reckon suf80 is an ace little tune...

Aratron
13-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Where IS the sample from (for suf80)? I just presumed it was guy/chris with vodka, lines and a mic.

And 'Infect' DOES completely suck,, I really tried to appreciate it, but it just makes me feel sick to my guts, like when yer a kid and eat too much candy-floss.. Still, tunes like this are all about pocket money for the producers eh? Besides, I'm just some guy with an opinion, nothing more. I love suf, even the shit tunes are still pretty good (except purple heart), and I reckon suf80 is an ace little tune...

we all have our opinion dude, i actually like Infect Your Love. i didnt at first and then i did.

davethedrummer
17-09-2007, 01:24 PM
you want to play this track in brasil really
then no-one can understand the vocal.

benji303
17-09-2007, 06:27 PM
come on people were on about suf they have always had a comedy side of there tunes

Trip Head
18-09-2007, 04:43 PM

So true!

Aratron
18-09-2007, 06:06 PM
come on people were on about suf they have always had a comedy side of there tunes

exactly. look at that Benny Hill remix they did a few years ago.

rhythmtech
18-09-2007, 06:26 PM
theres not one label that releases 100% quality all the time. SUF, like every other label, have a few duffers. everyone is allowed get it wrong now and again.. especially if you've got it right so much like SUF have in the past.

my own personal opinion is that if they lost the vocal they'd have a wikid acid tune.

parsley909
24-09-2007, 11:13 PM
(except purple heart)

you love it really

278d7e64a374de26f==