PDA

View Full Version : Little Fella! - "Jack Off... on Acid"

Little_Fella!
10-09-2007, 11:07 AM
This was designed purely as a party acid tune so it dishes out more 'teddy bears' than a Teddy Bears Picnic Convention...:cheese:

http://www.speedyshare.com/444528267.html

All pointers and feedback welcome...:cool:

If the link has turned 'old' then there will probably be a new one further down this thread...

Jay Pace
15-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Easy mate

Lovely shuffle to this, and great rhythmic patterns you've got going on.

Kick sounds a bit thin, not enough click in the high end, not enough depth in the bass. The bass itself needs to be a bit more defined, needs a bit more growler up in the higher end. Maybe open up th envelope a little earlier on... depends on where you got the sound from. Distortion in the higher end would make it a bit more prominant, it gets a little drowned out by your percussion for most of the track

Nice use of delay, would be a little more sparing in the panning myself, the swinging of the ride from LRLRL gets on my wick a bit (but then I'm irritable)

Think you need to work on getting the bass, kick and squealy acid a little more defined, then fit the perc around them. Good noises, but sound a little thin at the moment. Need a bit of beefing up and then this track will be the fatness

xes
16-09-2007, 11:10 AM
boo can't get this to play.

side note,great time to post that post Jay :cheese:

BRADLEE
17-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Yeah I'd say phatten up the noises quite a bit. Those snares, the claps with delay on them, and whatever other midrange percs are in there. That clanky type of stab noise too could also be phatter. Sounds like a cool idea for sure, but just sounds a bit out of the box at the moment...

dirty_bass
17-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Nice to get a good critical ear to this further down the line from when I last heard it.

First thing I notice is the kick.
too loud in the mix, and lacking a little sub.

There`s a lot of inbalance between sounds, and a lot of the synths are too low in the mix.

I wouldn`t say "phatness" is the problem so much as volume, and maybe slightly too agressive EQing on your sounds as the low end on a lot of things seems to be cut down too much.

A use of nice warm reverb use just subtley on some of the sounds might also gel things together and give a little more presence, especially to the percussion.

I`d also say the acid is a little raw, and again lacking fullness. Although I know it was produced digitally, it sounds like it.
The 303 needs more size in the low regions, maybe a little chorus to add some warmth and size, and maybe a touch of reverb or delay too, just to get it all sounding more like a proper silver box.

Once the sounds are all brought into balance more effectively this could end up being a nice high energy bit of acid with a slightly classic london tinge.

Little_Fella!
18-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks for that guys...

I have been a bit heavy on the chopping of the bottom end, so will loosten things up a bit on that side... then re-do all my levels again - sometimes you get lost with the up down up down of it all, and think things are ok...:doh:

Challenge is that the acid line is off the back of a pre-set, so bass and oscillator are on the one channel... I'll have to babble about that when I see you next Steve....

Right, I'm on it....:cool:

Tyrisia
18-09-2007, 09:01 PM
/\/\ What they said

It's got potential though dude, change your verb defo, you need one with more depth.

Little_Fella!
22-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Right, I've had another crack at this based on the pointers you guys have given... It's definitely improved so should be closer to 'tweaking' stage... I hope goddamit:exclaim: heh heh

http://www.speedyshare.com/513240896.html

As I mentioned, the challenge is that the acid line is part of a preset, so it runs as a filter on top of the bassline oscillator...

I have Audio Realism n thought about using that instead, but I aint got the knowledge to emulate the same sound - which probably would be better if I could...

Any ideas on what I could run just underneath it, to fatten the bottom end of the acid line and how I would layer it... PLEASE!!:crackup: :icon5:

BloodStar
22-09-2007, 01:47 PM
just listenin to last version. yeah, i like it,. kinda acidic ravy feel.?
really enjoying the bass 8), massive. good groove and all those little lead sounds here and there sounds nice and has nice progression as the tracks goes.
production sounds proper to my ear. it has nice punch, clarity and depth.
I would only try to make kick go bit lower,. but sounds nice also as it is.
good work!!

Little_Fella!
25-09-2007, 02:11 AM
Aha... getting a bit closer then? ....thank gawd coz I've been round the houses with this one... being daft n that...:whoops:

Cheers matey...:cool:

278d7e64a374de26f==