PDA

View Full Version : England - let's hope Lumpard, Neville and Beckham don't get back in now

Will
11-09-2007, 04:55 PM
And A Cole gets horribly maimed of course... They looked really well balanced and played some really good football against Israel - not something you could say for England for years.

Numeric
11-09-2007, 09:36 PM
fair point but Nev and Becks still have a lot to offer, only a complete gimp would suggest otherwise...

:;

judas_beast
11-09-2007, 10:03 PM
fair point but Nev and Becks still have a lot to offer, only a complete gimp would suggest otherwise...

:;

Where as only a complete arse would suggest so. Sorry, did I say complete arse? I meant Man U supporter!!

Nev is old and shite, Becks is slow, piss poor and a massive cunt to boot.

Numeric
11-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Nev is old and shite, Becks is slow, piss poor and a massive cunt to boot.

as i said, complete gimp...

Richierush
11-09-2007, 11:36 PM
i didnt think barry had a bad game he played it safe i thought,but is he really gud quality like world class,id stll rather have lampard in ther with gerrard,as long as gerrard doesnt get left to play holding role,richards has got to keep his place over neville now he;s been quality an he scored

french_og
12-09-2007, 08:29 AM
I think keep the same side that won vs Israel for tonights game as it did have good balance. Barry and Gerrard played well together and what i like about Barry was his array of forward passes and he ended up with 2 assists. Gerrard said that him and Barry are very good friends off the pitch and had a excellent understanding and communication.

Beckham and Neville would still be in my squad no doubt but based on merit and latest performance you would have to put Richards and SWP in the starting 11 ahead of them.

Really though it was refreshing to see Richards an SWP play well down that right, both are young and can cement their places for then next 10 years like Beckham and Neville did.

Bigger test tonight no doubt but home vs Russia we should win!!

Come on ENGLAND!!!

kai
12-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Becks I'd never have bought back anyway tbh - hes past it and has been for a while.

As for Neville/Richards - have to say that based on last two games Richards has to keep his place - however, if his performances aren't up to scratch then Neville will be pushing him all the way for his place back.

Tbh probably a good thing for United too - less games innit - done wonders for Archie!

Lets see how Micah does against the Russians tonight though - bit more of a test than a friendly or playing shitty Israel.

@ French OG - agree Barry should keep his place for now but no way Hargreaves shouldn't be back in side when he's fit - far superior player - for me if we're gonna play 442 then has to be Hargreaves and Gerrard - two of best midefielders in world of their particular style and should compliment each other unlike Lampard and Gerrard.

Hargreaves has been awesome this season for United and no way he can be left out imo

Numeric
12-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Barry did well and is rightly keeping his place for tonights game, but when Hargreaves is fit he has to be the better option...

will be interesting to see how Richards fares against the Russians...

french_og
12-09-2007, 01:26 PM
I have always been a Hargreaves fan and vs the best teams in the world i would definately have him in the side when you need a good ball winner but vs the lesser sides when we have to create more maybe Barry could be a better option. Competition for places is good, maybe a reason why england have not achieved what they should have has been usually 9 out of the 11 players know when they are fit they will start and do not have to worry about their place.

judas_beast
12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
as i said, I'm a complete gimp...

:/

judas_beast
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Let the Fantasy Football Table do the talking, Numeric! ;)

Numeric
12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
indeed

Will
14-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I have always been a Hargreaves fan and vs the best teams in the world i would definately have him in the side when you need a good ball winner but vs the lesser sides when we have to create more maybe Barry could be a better option. Competition for places is good, maybe a reason why england have not achieved what they should have has been usually 9 out of the 11 players know when they are fit they will start and do not have to worry about their place.

And even when they weren't fit!

278d7e64a374de26f==