PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lee "The man who wasnt there"

BRADLEE
11-09-2007, 06:57 PM
This one is a bit slower...some broken stuff...Not sure I like the stabs after the main break....was thinking of making them a bit fatter in the mix, but now I'm not sure it goes with the rest the tune too well at all...what do you guys think?

http://iluvtekno.com/BRADLEE-TheManWhoWasntThere.mp3

Siege
11-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Listening on tin pan pc speakers at the moment brad but sounds good.
Like the tempo..dark n moody stuff....think the stabs after the drop sound ok...dont think they sound out of place... Cool dialogue samples.

Tyrisia
11-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Hey Brad, cool tune, but you're right about the stab, it ain't sittin too well. I reckon less distortion and more traditional modulation (if you see what I mean) could have it sounding better, and then you could maybe get away with fattening it a bit.

Apart from that I'm lovin the flavour of the rest of it, quite a thought provoking one this.

And I reckon the stab needs to be set back way off in the distance but sound huge if you get what I mean..

BRADLEE
11-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks guys...definitely helpful....Glad you like it as is Cal...But I think perhaps I might change it a bit more later today...Please keep the feedback coming...I'm thinking I might do a bit more edit work too.

BRADLEE
12-09-2007, 12:24 AM
Ok, same link....Have removed those stabs after the break....added a clap off in the distance some what instead, think it works rather well....So hope the adjustment makes it just that touch better....added a few other tiny edits too....

I recon it is what it is and done for that now...haha

orac
12-09-2007, 07:32 AM
just downloaded. i like it, deep banging kicks, nice atmosphere in the background. good idea with that single kick hits in breakdown. nice tune brad :)

BRADLEE
12-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks Marcin, too bad nobody puts this type of thing out anymore...

Tyrisia
12-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Likin this alot now Brad, it's got a great vibe to it and the clap/stabby thing sounds much better, total moody destruction this.

As for people not releasin this sorta stuff, I reckon it'd make a great B-side track, backed up by a couple of more traditional stompers for the kids, but those in the know would really appreciate it I'm guessin.

Well done yet again :)

stjohn
13-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks Marcin, too bad nobody puts this type of thing out anymore...

i wouldnt be so sure... ive loads of this stuff on Vinyl!! usually a b2 of a mulero/ reeko, 65D Mavs.. along those lines... but its out there.. not forgetting our very own Casual Violence, voidloss ..and villan..

re: the tune... love it !! hence me having loads of this stuff on vinyl :cheese: brilliant groove and edits... exactly how i like it... for the style i think it might a bit too gritty and distorted Imo... its sound liek everything is really overdriven.. but im usually partial to the cleaner ...rounder sound when i go for a deep track!

top stuff tho horse

eyeswithoutaface
13-09-2007, 07:15 PM
yeah just checked this out after not checking anything here in a while, actually really like this track, i personally would back off on the distortion and clean up a few elements, but certainly got a nice solid groove on here

and definately still loads of people putting this stuff out, alot of labels in spain/uk/europe in general doing this sort of stuff

BRADLEE
13-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah I'll clean it up a bit more...although I rather enjoy the distrortion elements. Overall I'll probably just try to clean up the sound a bit.

Any suggestions for good places to send these type of materials on to?

DannyBlack
14-09-2007, 12:07 PM
arms, audio assaults, compressed... great track the thing that kicks in a 2:00 minutes is lovely. well done.

MITA
14-09-2007, 01:02 PM
loving this track Brad!
nice and dark

MITA
14-09-2007, 01:07 PM
loving this track Brad!

send to Bas Mooy!

MITA
14-09-2007, 01:08 PM
and again

loving this track Brad!

hahahaha

BRADLEE
15-09-2007, 08:30 PM
haha, Thanks Mita...and thank you as well Danny. Appreciate the feedback and direction. Maybe I'll just have to make some more stuff like this then....It's nice to listen to and I suppose it should still work in the right dancefloor environment.

278d7e64a374de26f==