PDA

View Full Version : Schranz is Rocking!!

djfilthmonger
12-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Was at Q-Base last weekend, seen billy nasty first ( top notch) went to the schranz room was absoultley rocking all the time, Robert Natus whipped it out, lot better choons been played and coming out on vinyal too, i went off schranz about 9 months ago, after seeing 9 hours of schranz at Q-Base completey addicted again , I definetly think its gettin alot better very fast,

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 08:28 AM
production wise, Schranz has come along at lightening speed. It just keeps getting better and better.

I guess perfect examples of this being Viper XXL's "Hard Techno anthem", or Kaos's "Proud" collection. Also, that Ear Damage ep you bought me by Scott Kemix and Pheeva.

The only way is up for Schranz, and i really cant wait to see where it goes.

FuK-NuT
13-09-2007, 09:48 AM
NO!

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 10:12 AM
hahahahaha! YES!

rhythmtech
13-09-2007, 10:25 AM
schranz is teh ghey

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 10:26 AM
you bum yetties, you have no say in this.

rhythmtech
13-09-2007, 10:28 AM
only female ones

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 10:32 AM
your ma doesnt count.

13-09-2007, 10:41 AM
i saw a video from the party wher viper xxl was playing...
if he makes music like he's playing then his music is crap.
terrible mixing

eyeswithoutaface
13-09-2007, 10:43 AM
the worms in this proverbial can must be dying to just be let back into the wild

DVNT
13-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Anyone recommend a good set of this.

I've heard it's name mentioned here and there and have an idea of what is it I think.

Thanks

FuK-NuT
13-09-2007, 12:19 PM
well i was at the big awakenings festival this year and as gob smaked as i was to find around 5 arena's all pumpin out techno and as much as i luved being there and as much as i luv me hard stuff sadly could not stand the schranz bashing tent....or at least could stand it untill your miss djax, obi even murphy
came out....well suprised to find peeps like murphy playing this muk!!!then to top it off the tent finished with some gimp playing bootleg after bootleg of cheesy schranz rip offz...it was murder!! i know this cause we where off our tits
just floating about...even the amount of illegal substances could not make this
shit sound better....it all sounded the same.....but we all knew that anyway!

crap music!!

bolt!

wieselburger
13-09-2007, 12:39 PM
schranz is blates better than slower pussy techno,there is more too it,its intelligent and phatter

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 12:50 PM
there are thems that like it and thems that dont. simple as.

Craig_Lea
13-09-2007, 12:56 PM
I haven't had loads of exposure to it, but most of what I have heard sounds really boring.
It's no good making a tune that sounds as hard as **** if it doesn't do anything.

Same for the sets, how can you make music that is as hard as nails send you to sleep?
Easy, play loads of stuff that sounds samey, with no variations in structure and noises.
It's almost just endless kicks.
Maybe it's just what I've heard so far.

Having said that, there are a few tracks that I like, and I have been getting quite into Boris S recently.

If anyone has any really good Schranz sets to recommend, I'd be interested in hearing them though.

TechMouse
13-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Anyone recommend a good set of this.

I've heard it's name mentioned here and there and have an idea of what is it I think.

Thanks
http://www.ngoht.hu/dl2/archive/20060520/sandy_warez_@_kashmir_2006.05.20.mp3

I'll bring some to your house warming.

Craig_Lea
13-09-2007, 01:00 PM
...its intelligent...

On the contrary, it seems to take the easiest route.
Really hard and not intelligent or progressive in any way.

xes
13-09-2007, 01:15 PM
The only way is up for Schranz, and i really cant wait to see where it goes.

well it couldn't get any f*cking worse,could it :cheese:

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 01:18 PM
oi! watch it you! :laughing:

rhythmtech
13-09-2007, 01:19 PM
On the contrary, it seems to take the easiest route.
Really hard and not intelligent or progressive in any way.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you been trolled :laughing:

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 01:22 PM
speed+anal sex (giving) + schranz= a great night.

rhythmtech
13-09-2007, 01:24 PM
speed+anal sex (giving) + schranz= a great night.

speed + anal sex (taking) = ?

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 01:33 PM
i got good feedback.

Craig_Lea
13-09-2007, 01:39 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you been trolled :laughing:

Damn! :cheese:

NIKCAM
13-09-2007, 02:05 PM
It's no good making a tune that sounds as hard as **** if it doesn't do anything.

Most of it is boring shite that doesn't go anywhere but you could say the same about every other style of techno, from minimal to acid and middle of the road techno. Some of the stuff I've heard from Tomash Gee, X-Tension and Jeff Amadeus, among others, bucks this trend.

I've been especially impressed with Tomash Gee - he throws in jungle style breaks, adds atmosphere and builds his tunes in an intelligent way. A genius imo.

FuK-NuT
13-09-2007, 02:05 PM
schranz is blates better than slower pussy techno,there is more too it,its intelligent and phatter

are u german erm i mean for real?

FuK-NuT
13-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Most of it is boring shite that doesn't go anywhere but you could say the same about every other style of techno, from minimal to acid and middle of the road techno. Some of the stuff I've heard from Tomash Gee, X-Tension and Jeff Amadeus, among others, bucks this trend.

I've been especially impressed with Tomash Gee - he throws in jungle style breaks, adds atmosphere and builds his tunes in an intelligent way. A genius imo.

tomash gee was at his best when know one knew he was...round about the time he done that horror session thing...then the distortion got a hold of him lol

TechMouse
13-09-2007, 02:09 PM
speed + anal sex (taking) = ?
Bangface?

FuK-NuT
13-09-2007, 02:14 PM
speed + anal sex (taking) = a sore arse!

no ta. ;)

Craig_Lea
13-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Most of it is boring shite that doesn't go anywhere but you could say the same about every other style of techno.

Yeah true, but it does seem to me that, more than any other style of Techno, I find it hard to find anything interesting.

FuK-NuT
13-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah true, but it does seem to me that, more than any other style of Techno, I find it hard to find anything interesting.

thats it right there.....there is nothing interesting about it, fact!

stjohn
13-09-2007, 02:58 PM
madeit to Tresor there a few weeks back.... DJ Rush Downstairs... lashing out Schranz bollox...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ..... its feckin boring...no feel or groove to it..

ooooo look at me im so hard bang bang fukin bang.... can anyone be as hard as this im so totally macho...bang bang bollox

kai
13-09-2007, 03:05 PM
But bang bang bang is where its at - f*cking darn sight better than all this minimal, groovy, funky whatever pish thats everywhere - techno should be hard and in yer fess! Not pussy ass 'groovy' beats - music to stomp too not f*cking stand round looking cool getting all groovy with the rhythm.

There again i've a hard on for gabba and death metal and little else - its gotta be hard pr it just dont interest me. I wanna stomp not dance!

(admittedly, some of the less hard techno is great music, i am generalising slightly here to make my point, but even so, its never gonna excite me when I'm out to party if it aint f*cking hard!)

DVNT
13-09-2007, 03:13 PM
http://www.ngoht.hu/dl2/archive/20060520/sandy_warez_@_kashmir_2006.05.20.mp3

I'll bring some to your house warming.

Oh god. I think there are perhaps too many DJs now. hehe.

Need to ring you actually about that. speakie laterie

TechMouse
13-09-2007, 03:32 PM
I think there are perhaps too many DJs now.
Aren't there always...

Speak laters :;

NIKCAM
13-09-2007, 03:39 PM

I see what you mean about it being uninteresting, which is why I would never be exclusively into Schranz, but I think it has its place and I would definitely play out certain schranz type tracks if I thought it would go down well.

To be honest I think theres more really boring minimal techno tracks out there at the moment - you really do have to wade through a lot of uninspiring, ultra-boring, copy-cat rubbish. Its the same old story - if you want quality music, whatever the genre/style, you have to actively go find it - but its rewarding.

FuK-NuT
13-09-2007, 04:00 PM
But bang bang bang is where its at - f*cking darn sight better than all this minimal, groovy, funky whatever pish thats everywhere - techno should be hard and in yer fess! Not pussy ass 'groovy' beats - music to stomp too not f*cking stand round looking cool getting all groovy with the rhythm.

There again i've a hard on for gabba and death metal and little else - its gotta be hard pr it just dont interest me. I wanna stomp not dance!

(admittedly, some of the less hard techno is great music, i am generalising slightly here to make my point, but even so, its never gonna excite me when I'm out to party if it aint f*cking hard!)

nae your well wrong...slamming yer cock in the fridge door is the new schranz...

bangin!!

THATS where its at pal ;)

RDR
13-09-2007, 04:03 PM

Nice one shrek

RDR
13-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Bangface?

No, thats snorting speed laced with gun powder out of someone's bottom.

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 04:09 PM
right. this is my last comment on the subject,

i love all brands of techno, schranz i love especially cos it actually moves me. i dont know why, it just does. and isnt that what music is supposed to do? now the reason you dont like it is because, it doesnt do anything for you.

thats all well and good. imagine a world where everybody loved the same thing?! how much would that suck? loads.

when i play schranz, my addrenaline pumps, the neck hairs stand up and i get butterflies. now that wouldnt happen to me if i was to play minimal or house, that doesnt mean that them genres are shit and void of talented producers it simply means that it aint for me.

and i know we all have our opinions on these things and im sure there will be a few more pages of people liking/disliking thats all good, just please lets not get shitty with each other.

Celebrate our diverseties. dont shit on some one because they make something or play something which you feel is inferior.

this is aimed at no one specifically. peace people.

dirty_bass
13-09-2007, 04:09 PM
I`m no fan of schranze at all, but there`s a time and a place for everything, and I see why the kids are into it.
All this my crap is better than your crap is very playground though.

"I pledge my allegiance to Schranze/Minimal/House/Apple/Microsoft/Nike and shall have nothing else" is a sad attitude no matter what your choice.

Life is about diversity of input, there is pleasure to be found in many things, and the combination of many spices makes the meal of life far more interesting.

DannyBlack
13-09-2007, 04:11 PM
I`m no fan of schranze at all, but there`s a time and a place for everything, and I see why the kids are into it.

"I pledge my allegiance to Schranze/Minimal/House/Apple/Microsoft/Nike and shall have nothing else" is a sad attitude no matter what your choice.

Life is about diversity of input, there is pleasure to be found in many things, and the combination of many spices makes the meal of life far more interesting.

indeed, amen mate!

RDR
13-09-2007, 04:13 PM

Unless its ground white dog poo.

djfilthmonger
13-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Schranz is deadly BOI!!! funny as ****, has anyone heard robert natus live at may day 07 r been to Q-base last week? because the choons are absolute rocking!

BRADLEE
13-09-2007, 08:07 PM
I've heard some really bad schranz, and I've made some really good schranz....ha ha

Just depends on how well it's made really and that's it's not 180 BPM's. Cause you can have some brutal hard techno without making peoples hearts explode...lol

dirty_bass
13-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I love that fast and distorted = hard to some people

Yet, clean and crisp, deadly slow, but really well produced beats, such as dubstep, when played on a proper soundsystem, can be the hardest thing ever. Kicks with so much presence, and bass, and crispness they just knock you out.

Hardness is an attitude in the approach to sound and composition, and fast + distortion often in the wrong hands just ends up mushy and bland, the complete opposite of hard.

BRADLEE
13-09-2007, 10:50 PM
fast + distortion often in the wrong hands just ends up mushy and bland, the complete opposite of hard.

Agreed....

BRADLEE
14-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Although I still have to say that some of the cats, they know what they are doing.... But that goes in all genres or sub genres....there is shit everywhere.

So please dont think I'm discounting the style or sound even....it's just all of the stuff which is made really badly giving the whole bit a bad name.

MITA
14-09-2007, 09:47 AM
there`s a time and a place for everything.

matu
14-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Danny Black wouldn't know Schranz if it jumped up and poo'd on his face
his comments are worthless

DannyBlack
14-09-2007, 11:54 AM
just because i had no idea who you were when you jumped and poo'd on my face. anyway. f*ck off.

Xenobia
24-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi everyone.. my first post on here. I finally joined.

I am from South Africa, but love my hard music...

Also went to Q-base.

I used to love my hardstyle, but hardstyle changed and really became cheesy, so I started listening to hard techno and finally got bit by the Schranz trend.

O.B.I rocked at Q-base, his track selection were out of this world. Robert Natus and Sven Wittekend kept me jamming for hours on that little Amo 3 floor.

I also dj, but not pro, just for a hobby. I bought loads of awesome vinyls while I were in Holland. Arkus P, Abstract 07 is awesome, also bought Thomas Gee, Viper XXL, Robert Natus tracks..

I have to say, there aint a lot of people who would understand this style of music. The reason why I love it so much, there aint a lot of crappy cheesy vocals (in most of the tracks), its banging, its bouncy, it keeps me interested in the set and if the right dj plays, there are CLIMAXES in the tune...

I live for hard techno and schranz now...

I am definitely doing Nature ONE next year!!

DannyBlack
24-09-2007, 01:21 PM
good lad and welcome on board!

audioinjection
24-09-2007, 04:04 PM
yea, i can appreciate the hardest of techno and the most minimal of techno, its all great music imo

welcome btw :)

The Overfiend
24-09-2007, 07:47 PM
yea, i can appreciate the hardest of techno and the most minimal of techno, its all great music imo

welcome btw :)

Agreed Whorechataface,

I think we really need to appreciate peoples creativity, not everyone is as classically trained an artist as the next man, but some people are really trying.
Trust me it's usually the underdog one year who makes the best seller the next.

wenna
16-10-2007, 04:26 PM
switchblade, natus and russhhhhh! schranz is alot like hardstyle for me at the moment, in the sense that there is alot of it about but you have to really hunt down the decent,quirky stuff!

clubsynthetic
17-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Shranz is a bit pish in general, but everything has its time and its place. I just think that too much focus is being layed on (too much maybe?) overall distortion rather than distorting subtle bits/layers of tunes for dramatic effect.

maily
29-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I love that fast and distorted = hard to some people

Yet, clean and crisp, deadly slow, but really well produced beats, such as dubstep, when played on a proper soundsystem, can be the hardest thing ever. Kicks with so much presence, and bass, and crispness they just knock you out.

Hardness is an attitude in the approach to sound and composition, and fast + distortion often in the wrong hands just ends up mushy and bland, the complete opposite of hard.

it's a question of taste innit.
some people have none.

West
30-10-2007, 09:01 AM
switchblade, natus and russhhhhh! schranz is alot like hardstyle for me at the moment, in the sense that there is alot of it about but you have to really hunt down the decent,quirky stuff!

Yeah your quite right, and finding the good stuff is quite hard, i like my schranz with more of a techno vibe not as distorted as some of the stuff you get, like on cardiac arrest, protocast ect. try labels like artificial beats, white labels, and cannibal society.

278d7e64a374de26f==