PDA

View Full Version : England vs Russia

Numeric
12-09-2007, 08:53 PM
2-0 England at half time...

Owen with both goals...

been a good game thus far, both teams have played decent attacking football...

Insomnia
12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Aye it's been a good game so far..

England are rightly in the lead and 2 good goals by Owen...

Numeric
12-09-2007, 09:03 PM
s**t Russia had a goal disallowed for hand-ball but the replays at half time show the ball came of his chest, great finish it was too...

Numeric
12-09-2007, 09:48 PM
:laughing: Rio's just scored...

Spacehopper
12-09-2007, 10:03 PM
lets hope they keep Gerrard & Barry in the centre.......

judas_beast
12-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Deffo, great partnership.

Esox Lucius
13-09-2007, 12:07 AM
barry playing well like, well done ingerland.

french_og
13-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Brilliant performance, had our luck with their disallowed goal but England don't get much luck so we'll take it when it comes along.

Nice to see Owen yet again shut people up who have said he is finshed as a striker and past it.

Big win vs Estonia next and we will be 5 points clear of Russia who don't play til after the England Estonia game.

Numeric
13-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Richards and SWP didn't look half as dangerous in attack or as effective in defence...

Cashley had a few dodgy moments too...

Richierush
13-09-2007, 06:16 PM
didnt think barry was amazin last game but he has persuaded me that he deserves that middle spot its alot more balanced the side now an the wings look quality especially in attack ,hesky has gone up in my estimations altho i seen what he can do likr against the argies phew years back,no way he can change the squad if they want to get back in now they have to prove themselfs when they get on as subs or in friendlys an in the prem

Will
14-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Richards and SWP didn't look half as dangerous in attack or as effective in defence...

Cashley had a few dodgy moments too...

As did Rio! The defence looked a bit dodgy in general, but it was an open game and they didn't get much protection at times... I think the threat of Russia stopped the full backs bombing forward when they should have made the Russian wingers do the defending I reckon, which is probably why SWP and Micah didn't look as good going forward.

Plus SWP got caught upfield when Russia broke against us, leaving Micah a bit exposed, so they didn't look as good defensively... But they did enough to keep their place I reckon, it's a promising partnership, I think the partnership that looked the dodgiest was Rio and Terry.

278d7e64a374de26f==