PDA

View Full Version : your honest opinion please

p_brane
17-09-2007, 12:17 PM
need an honest opinion

its very much just a sketch at present, i'm not sure about the synths, mixdowns a bit shoddy and arrangements rough.

is this the sort of thing you might listen to?

its not really techno per se, although i've a couple of darker atmospheric tracks it might fit snuggly with.

any opinions good/bad/ugly would be much appreciated

http://download.yousendit.com/EB3EF1A049770641

dirty_bass
17-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Well, my honest opinion?
Who cares what other people think about the tune in temrs of like and dislike? Do it for yourself, not everything needs to be something to send to a record label (far too many people think everything they do should be sent to a label, and have no idea of personal quality control).

As for the tune.
I fecking love it.
the feel, the melody and the overall fragility and sentiment pushes all my buttons.
It`s nice to hear something tender coming from an artist. As especially in techno, a lot of people just seem to be trying to prove who can be the hardest *yawn*, so it shows you have a deep emotional pallette.

Production wise, I think the kicks are a little too strong on their own. Something of equal weight needs to be used as a counterpoint to balance against the kicks, as otherwise everything draws too much in the kicks favour.
Either that or use a more subtle kick.

The snare could have a little more top end sparkle.

Bring up the synths a little, as it is they that carry this tune.

The hats also need more volume and sparkle to counter the kick.

It`s early days, but yes, you should continue on with this, I guess you could call IDM tune.
I for one would be very interested in this tune, although if you intend to submit it to my label (I`d like you to, when it is done) please don`t post any further versions up in the public domain.

p_brane
17-09-2007, 11:56 PM
shit man, really felt like i was going out on a limb posting this sorta stuff up,

i tend to write more and more stuff like this, but its pretty personal music to me.[if ya know what i mean] sort of feels like your laying your soul bare by letting people listen to it.

much appreciated for the positive feedback. :cheese:

got some other commitments on at the moment, but will get back to this pronto and post her over to you along with a few more.

Little_Fella!
22-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Well into the moodyness of this tune... :)

The beat is a bit strong against the other elements but is perfect for the overall feel... i.e. not 4x4

Love the synth layers, which complement very well...

Structures very interesting too and could do another 30 secs easy, as you start the beat up again at 5.20ish...

Perhaps you could focus on that rather nagging hook, make it much more than it is at the moment... play around with your effects and chains, see what you come up with as variations on that theme...

I like it when you hear a regular sound throughout a track n then you hear it warped-off in some way n think, 'how the hell did they do that with that...?':scratch:

Good stuff...:coolio:

p_brane
22-09-2007, 09:54 AM
cheers 'fella.

got a lot of work to do on this one yet.

structures pretty messy at the moment.

much appreciated feedback though:)

278d7e64a374de26f==