distortion
compressor deEsser

the kick is going/written

k---/k---/k---/k---

and the bass sound is

-xxx/-xxx/-xxx/-xxx

i have the compressor at

0.1 attack
20 release (haven't touched either of these yet)
-41.7 thresh
1:4:1 on ratio

sounds ok (as far as ducking/sidechaing ..etc)

but how come when i put on the MASTER (on the mixer)

eq
compressor

IT THUMPS/DUCKS /SIDECHAINs so much MORE...it really stands out now...will this effect my overall track as i write it more..something tells me it will..is there a better way to go about this..im trying to make shranz /hard techno..

this is the best i got in 2 yrs ...=(

any help would be great

thanks

tracatak

Barely Human
18-09-2007, 07:47 AM
You should really try and leave your master effects blank and leave them untill mastering. Best thing you can do is to group your kick and bass channels and compress them.

Jay Pace
18-09-2007, 10:43 AM
It sounds better because you're doing mastering on it. Tracks will always sound better mastered.

The trick is to get the mix as good as you possibly can without putting anything on the master channel. Then when you master it you can get the best result possible.

Its a bit like putting the finishing touches on something you haven't finished building yet. Be patient, get the mix right then look at doing overall compression.

tracatak
19-09-2007, 03:07 AM
when u say group do u mean have them both on a send? or what..both on fx-1 on themixer?

thanks

tracatak
19-09-2007, 03:12 AM
i figured out how to group in FRUITY ...it took all my sounds and made into one..now im gonan try adding a bunch of compression...do u think the chain of

eq>compression IS a good way to keep it...or

compression>eq

tracatak
19-09-2007, 03:18 AM
when u say group do u mean have them both on a send? or what..both on fx-1 on themixer?

thanks

Jay Pace
20-09-2007, 01:59 PM
A group is like a sub mix. Creat a group channel, and send your tracks to that group channel.

So for example make a group track and assign your kick and your bass to that send. Its more a question of routing than sending, I'm not sure how that happens in fruity. Try looking through the manuals for stuff on group tracks, submixes and routing options.

Best o' luck dude

Barely Human
20-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Its easilly done in fruity, but it deppends what version you have. Let me know and i'll run you through it.

tracatak
24-09-2007, 02:35 AM
I use fruity 7

MOD: there you go tracatak ;)

Barely Human
24-09-2007, 08:24 AM
On FL7, you need to right click on the little send icon for the channel you want to route to and select "route to this channel only", you can group different channels together using this method.

278d7e64a374de26f==