PDA

View Full Version : Does every region has its techno sound?

Ritzi Lee
27-11-2003, 08:48 AM
London techno, Birmingham techno, Techno from Paris, Amsterdam techno.....

Is it really usefull to name every region in front of techno?
Don't we just support the same thing? Just techno?

Esox Lucius
27-11-2003, 09:16 AM
yeah merseyside techno - heavy beats with car alarm & gun shot noise as samples :lol:

slacker
27-11-2003, 11:51 AM
yeah, we all do support the same thing. It's not like it's techno nationalism or anything, it's just that it's useful for the sake of identification to separate them, just as we do by sayin hard techno/acid techno/funky techno. Each region does tend to have a certain sound about it, so it's just a useful way of identification and also it's good to know where it comes from so you can get more! ;)

Small Paul
27-11-2003, 12:04 PM
I like Geordie tekno, practically unintelligable but hard as nails, and can wear a t-shirt in mid-december without its nipples going hard, hee hee

jonnyspeed
27-11-2003, 04:27 PM
I prefer just to say British, Dutch, French techno etc. and London, Amsterdam, Leeds, Paris scenes.

However detroit techno is so far from London techno in term of sound that it it useful to have sub-genres. I think we use a city in America because its such a big continent...

The label "London Acid Techno" is very useful because it instantly says Liberator, Ant, Dave the Drummer, Geezer et al. which is, as they say, avin' it!, rather than up its arse like alot of other techno is.

I actually prefer saying "Dirty, Dirty Acid" or "Banging Tribal" - and just not listen to the rest :) ...except maybe a bit of Richie Hawtin who is "Minimal".

subsonic
28-11-2003, 05:26 PM
techno is techno yes there is acid minimal hard hardcore trance but manc
brummy london i dont think so i buy tunes in london manchester and brum they all sound the same sort of style not that much different that you call it a new name ITS TECHNO MAN :shock: :twisted: BUZZ OFF IT ALL !! ;) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tony
28-11-2003, 07:14 PM
aaah, subsonic, thats quite nice really. not like us cynical bastards who know too much and can pigeon hole something to within an inch of its life.
alas, it may be techno, but i dont buzz off it all.

birmingham - say no more!!!

bmb and weatherall tonight. come ooooooooooon!!!!!!

MARKEG
30-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Leeds. I say for sure we have a sound. Red Seal, Orbit, Igintian Tech. And when we make techno I think we make a quite Leeds sound. I think there's something in the air here.

Patrick DSP
30-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Leeds. I say for sure we have a sound. Red Seal, Orbit, Igintian Tech. And when we make techno I think we make a quite Leeds sound. I think there's something in the air here.

oh shut it.. you stink.

Ritzi Lee
01-12-2003, 09:58 AM

I'm sure some German guys also make the sound of all those labels you mentioned. So what's the clue?

278d7e64a374de26f==