PDA

View Full Version : Fat Sam on 'Lucky' Rafa

Numeric
18-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has criticised Benitez's tenure at Anfield, suggesting the Spaniard would have been "very lucky to be in a job" if he had not reached two Champions League finals...

Allardyce insists Benitez places too much emphasis on European competition instead of launching a sustained bid for the Barclays Premier League title - but believes his success on the Continent could have saved his job...

Allardyce, speaking to Zoo magazine :rudisgust: said: "Rafa would be very lucky to be in a job if he hadn't got to two Champions League finals, because they have had some very, very poor finishes in the Premier League.

"While they are a very good Champions League team, they are not a Premier League-winning team yet.

"They don't have that mentality to win that yet.

"Being a foreigner, Rafa doesn't understand it's supposed to be Premier League first and Champions League second."

:laughing:

Esox Lucius
18-09-2007, 02:58 PM
dont know about that, i agree with them not being a prem winning team but he is a class gaffer rafa like. i think big sCam is jealous.

Numeric
18-09-2007, 03:00 PM
big sCam :laughing:

Insomnia
18-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Not sure what to make of his statements....

Lets just see if he can turn Newcastle around for now....

phantomdj
19-09-2007, 10:21 AM
his statements are illogical...

ie... 'he is only in a job because he got to two CL finals'...

wow, like that is some minimum under achievement that every other manager acclaims.... how many managers would love to get that....

only one team can win the prem.... so what is his beef? he sounds very jealous to me. the prem goes to any of the top four, but recently between man utd and chelsea.... the CL is the other gem in football too...

sam shut up you green scammer and let's see where you get with newcastle...

probably nowhere

basslinejunkie
19-09-2007, 12:35 PM
talking utter bollox.the fact of the matter is hes never had a team or squad capable to sustain a season long challenge.

Spacehopper
19-09-2007, 07:24 PM
thing is they have got a premier league winning side this year so i hope they make him eat his words. so long as rafa doesnt keep doing a portsmouth and putting out weakened sides. If he did want to save torres, gerrard and babel for the porto game, why didnt he start them, get the lead then take them off instead of bringin them on trying to win it late

Esox Lucius
19-09-2007, 09:07 PM
thing is they have got a premier league winning side this year

like last year and the years before that then, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

phantomdj
23-09-2007, 09:25 AM
RAFAEL BENITEZ has accused Sam Allardyce of losing his mind as well as matches after claiming the Liverpool manager was lucky to still be in his job.
Earlier this week, Allardyce insisted Benitez would have lost his job by now for failing to win Premier League had he not guided reached two Champions League finals.

But Benitez last night swatted aside the comments and suggested Allardyce, whose Newcastle United lost 1-0 to Derby County on Monday, might be better served concentrating on his own team.

“I want to say two things,” said Benitez. “Firstly, I think he should be more worried about his own business because he must have more problems than to waste time talking about other managers.

“Secondly, has he forgotten Liverpool winning the Super Cup, FA Cup and Champions League as well as reaching another Champions League final, a Carling Cup final and twice finishing third in the Premier League?

“Maybe he doesn't have a great memory.”

278d7e64a374de26f==