PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why oh why...

TechMouse
18-09-2007, 03:51 PM
... are Klaxons playing at I Love Techno this year?

p_brane
18-09-2007, 03:56 PM
**** me thats criminal that is. seriously ****ing criminal. absolute tripe. oooo that makes me mad

Numeric
18-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Good Lord...

basslinejunkie
18-09-2007, 04:15 PM
yer i read this somewhere.apparently they play techno dj sets or something tho.

Numeric
18-09-2007, 04:20 PM
um, be interesting to hear what they play, prob minimal...

echodek
18-09-2007, 04:41 PM
the last couple of years they've had a special stage at ILT specially reserved for trendy wankers (keeps them out of the way!)... hopefully they're playing in there.

anyway, who cares... we're still talking British Murder Boys in an aircraft hanger!

eyeswithoutaface
18-09-2007, 06:22 PM
doesnt surprise me at all, the word techno and the actual techno scene are a million miles apart these days.

im not going to worry about it, because what I Love Techno represents these days is not what i love about techno in my heart, or what it represents in my head

massplanck
18-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Crazy idea. Dont go and see them.

Split-Personality
18-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah there has been a lot of discontented chat about this on the forums on the mainland!!!

No one is pleased!!!

Still im hoping to mission over there, the venue is immense (not a hangar but an expedition centre) needs to be seen to be believed!!! It is so big I believe it has been designed to be flooded should the need arise when the boat show comes to town!!!

When we went for the first time we all wore cheap Tescos clothing so we wouldnt freeze to death in the que and could throw them away thus avoiding the cloak-room que, after experiencing 3 hours ques for "Helter Skeltor" and "Dreamscape" and the like back in the day but there was no need. Its so well organised we were in after 10 minutes. The vibe there is something else, every 10 minutes you hear another tram pulling up unloading a load of screaming party-goers!!!

Then when you finally find your way through the biggest godamn cloak room, biggest chill out room, into the biggest hall you have ever seen all you need to do then is decide which room you're gonna have your first dance in. All this made easier by the "dot-matrix" cinema style screens flashing the name of the Dj above the entrances..........

Then when 5 giant corregated metal doors open to the arenas at 8 on the dot whilst tons of people pour into the rooms to the sounds of the first beats you know you have arrived!!!

eyeswithoutaface
18-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah there has been a lot of discontented chat about this on the forums on the mainland!!!

No one is pleased!!!

Still im hoping to mission over there, the venue is immense (not a hangar but an expedition centre) needs to be seen to be believed!!! It is so big I believe it has been designed to be flooded should the need arise when the boat show comes to town!!!

When we went for the first time we all wore cheap Tescos clothing so we wouldnt freeze to death in the que and could throw them away thus avoiding the cloak-room que, after experiencing 3 hours ques for "Helter Skeltor" and "Dreamscape" and the like back in the day but there was no need. Its so well organised we were in after 10 minutes. The vibe there is something else, every 10 minutes you hear another tram pulling up unloading a load of screaming party-goers!!!

Then when you finally find your way through the biggest godamn cloak room, biggest chill out room, into the biggest hall you have ever seen all you need to do then is decide which room you're gonna have your first dance in. All this made easier by the "dot-matrix" cinema style screens flashing the name of the Dj above the entrances..........

Then when 5 giant corregated metal doors open to the arenas at 8 on the dot whilst tons of people pour into the rooms to the sounds of the first beats you know you have arrived!!!

i've heard quite the opposite when it comes to the organisaton and actual practicalities of I Love Techno

looks woeful to me i must admit, if your going to spend money going abroad for a festival its got to be Monegros, Exit or 10 Days Off

Split-Personality
18-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Hmmmmmm true admittedly the first year I went was definitely better than last years. Its the sound systems that let it down a bit!!!

But it did everything it said on the tin a lot better than anywhere in Britain could pull it off!

But I agree 100% Monegros and 10 Days off are simply amazing!!! Not sure about Exit, its become to full of bloody tourists if my friends reports are anything to go by. But ILT is not a festival just a big club night IMO. The vibe and venue are ace!

eyeswithoutaface
18-09-2007, 09:04 PM
true, but depends what you want from a festival/club experience. It sounds totally dire going from what my trusted friends have told me, and if its magnitude that impresses you, then get your ass to Dance Valley mate, it'l make I Love Techno look like your local Yatsie's

Split-Personality
18-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Your making me question myself now haha, I know it has its pro's and con's. I wont even tell you what happened to me at last years event not to be repeated I hope and prey!

I live in London and its so easy to jump in the car and piss off over there in a few hours travel so that sets it aside from the other big parties on the mainland which need more time, money and effort invested into them.

Would love to try Dance Valley, 10 Days, MONEGROS dont get me wrong but just cant fit them all in. Have ended up doing Sonar every year as what with the beach, events and clubs its a blast every time.

Not to mention the sun and the ladies also an attractive selling point. Its so close to Monegros on the calendar that I can only afford one and I always wimp out of Monegros becuase I like the freedom of being at a festival in a city but I have heard and seen its truely awesome and dont even get me started on the line-ups.

Peace

eyeswithoutaface
18-09-2007, 09:28 PM
hahaha nah man whatever your into is cool, i think im just a festival snob after enjoying the delights of Dance Valley, and il be honest as much as i love techno (no pun intended) the lineup for I Love Techno has never been a true representation off what i deem to be 100% proper techno, there's always too many turkeys thrown in, this year being the Klaxons haha. They are about as techno as a tin of salmon paste spread!

its all good anyways whatever your into, but i think this will be the final straw for alot of people

koma
18-09-2007, 09:32 PM
The Klaxons on ILT? well, judging by their Bugged Out playlist, that should be interesting hehe... plus there are some cool remixes of their work...

01. Luke Vibert - Breakbeat Metal Music
02. The L Bit - Tasty
03. Pedro Campos - Butterfly
04. Markus Lange & Daniel Dexter - Shooting Tigers (Play Paul Remix)
05. Johannes Heil - Artology (Destillat Remix)
06. Overnoise - Dry
07. Blende - Breaking Bones
08. Friendly - Ride Baby Ride
09. Da BoogieBoys - Audiotonique
10. The Chemical Brothers - It Doesn’t Matter
11. Justice - Stress
12. Mogg & Naudascher - Moon Unit Part 1
13. Klaxons - It’s Not Over Yet (Brodinski Remix) incl. Aleister Crowley - 666

Split-Personality
18-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Nah trust, the line ups have never been all that in my experience of the events. After losing the plot, my mates, my passport, my camera, my phone and my dignity last year & ending up marooned in Calais for a night I wasnt too sure I would ever return!!! Specially as that little fuk up cost me a grand, come DOWN werent the word....

So its a thumbs up for The Valley then *noted*

DVNT
19-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Luke Vibert - Breakbeat Metal Music

Where can I hear that?

koma
19-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Luke Vibert - Breakbeat Metal Music

Where can I hear that?

on the internet :cheese:

here you go http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/275339-02.htm

TechMouse
19-09-2007, 11:23 AM

No one is pleased!!!

Went a few years back.

They put all the hardest acts on in the first 5 hours (Ruskin / Rush / Pet Duo) then it was all downhill from there.

Can't say I didn't have a good time, but it wasn't the best either.

DVNT
19-09-2007, 12:25 PM
on the internet :cheese:

here you go http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/275339-02.htm

spanky yous.

Craig_Lea
19-09-2007, 01:23 PM
They're not really my cup of tea, but they're 'The Bouncer' cover is pretty mad.

http://hypem.com/track/121762

The Overfiend
19-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I like them as a band personally, but I agree with what has been stated before, for all we know they could be rediculously talented dj's or live pa guys, you never know.

Quentin Tarantino is a devout techno fan, there are plenty others.

Francisco Scaramanga
19-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I like them as a band personally, but I agree with what has been stated before, for all we know they could be rediculously talented dj's or live pa guys, you never know.

I do know, and they are not. Why they are associated with dance music I dont understand. They made one flippant comment about "new rave" in an NME interview, and thats it, they are now in mixmag and DJ and shit - wtf? I've seen plenty of interviews with them going on about how they are so cutting edge and really pushing boundaries - how, by covering 15 year old rave tracks badly? AS IF!

The worst part about it is, there are quite a few new acts who are flirting with the charts as well, who are actually making music that would probably go down really well at I Luv Techno, Justice, Digitalism, MSTRKRFT, and many more, who are actually valid acts as opposed to scenester media whores.

So yeah, anyway - I truly hate NME, I mean really really hate it, and anyone who panders to their bullshit will possibly gain instant notoriety, but will most likely ulitmately dissapear. I doubt anyone will know who the klaxons are in 5 years.

Traxx
19-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Might yet go to this years. Went a few years back when they had the prodigy on. Was a experience ill give it that. Way too many people in there though, dont fancy travelling all that way + all the money spent to not be able to get into a room, 3/4 of them were shut off last time i went at one stage.

eyeswithoutaface
19-09-2007, 06:35 PM

yeah, they really are not, ive got a mate who has met em too and nice enough chaps by all accounts, but the hype about them is shocking, they have about as much to do with techno or dance music at all for that matter as Bill Oddies toilet seat cover

it's a total cash in operation because they won the Mercury Music prize recently, god knows, as there were some stunningly beautiful albums in the running aswell. As mentioned, there are some top dance acts over here at the moment, in my opinion anyway, who can and DO seriously good live shows, Justice and Simian Mobile Disco, whilst being a little cheesy maybe at times musically, put on a wikid full live show. Or LCD Soundsystem.

Split-Personality
20-09-2007, 08:53 AM
not be able to get into a room, 3/4 of them were shut off last time i went at one stage.

So short-cut through the toilets into any room you like avoiding the que!

Works for me.

MisterMoleyMole
24-09-2007, 12:16 AM
If you guys think the ILT rooms are impressive you should go to Sonar Night!!! That is a room ... !!! Never seen anythin like it !

Also as far as techno events go in europe you wanna see Timewarp ... far better than i lovet techno ... I love techno to big and commercial now!

Gav

Split-Personality
24-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah the Sonar by night venue is WKD, especially the outside one at the end is it Sonar Pub???

Have heard mixed reviews from TimeWarp........

MisterMoleyMole
24-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah the Sonar by night venue is WKD, especially the outside one at the end is it Sonar Pub???

Have heard mixed reviews from TimeWarp........

Yeah sonar pub rocked when we were there - we saw hawtin while the sun came up - what an experience!!!

Timewarp in manheim last year was absolutely amazin - very busy though but once your on one the crowds never seem to much of an issue ... hahaha

Split-Personality
24-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Your chatting Sonar 2006 by any chance??? Yeah was a blinder!!!

Some of my friends did Timewarp last year and swore never to go back, its strange hows people nights very so much at the same events..........

Individual circumstance "f**kin wit cha" I guess.

MisterMoleyMole
24-09-2007, 02:20 PM
sure am - couldnt go this year though due to money unfortunately.

Sorry speaking timewarp this year in march - thets the only one ive been to. Felix krocher and dj murphy rocked it for me , as well as dave clarke although he wasnt up to his usual standards.

Gav

DannyBlack
24-09-2007, 03:51 PM
i was gonna say "keep an open mind lads..." however, i just looked em up on youtube. utter drivvel. do not like, do not want.

Jay Pace
24-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Saw them pick up their mercury award. They were spannered.

Fair play to 'em, young uns and they've got a big following, and popular with the youts. Not going to knock 'em for being young and popular.

Not my cup of tea, and I found it amusing that they claimed to be making "forward thinking music" whilst doing covers of old trance and rave tracks. Properly out there boys....

Still, the scene could do with more diversity, more live acts and more young people. A scene full of greying fanboys and geeky hipsters is about as unhealthy and undesirable as it gets.

Not sure why they are at i love techno though..... sounds like the festival has "transcended" its name...

DannyBlack
24-09-2007, 04:13 PM
"i love what makes money"

klaxons= just another 'trendie' indie band.

Split-Personality
24-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I think the orginal people that owned ILT sold out and thats when things started to go downhill!!!

The outdoor 2003 event looked awesome!!!

MARK ANXIOUS
25-09-2007, 12:18 AM
yeah i'm not one for gossip but about 2 yrs ago i was told about how the original 'i lov techno' promoters sold the organization. i think this has alot to do with the line ups we're now seeing. obviously more commercial ppl have got hold of it and have much higher plans than just techno. is this a good thing? well i'll let you decide that hehe :;

DannyBlack
25-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Im un decided Mark, they have the Klaxons lined up wich im iffy about, but then at the same time, they have Sven Whittikend, Natus, Remus... which is fantastic.

ah, balls to it, im sure it will be a great fest to head out too.

Split-Personality
25-09-2007, 01:46 PM
It all depends on if I can blag a lift or not, im not paying all that dough for the train/plane with the added complications........

Frank Dogshit
25-09-2007, 02:10 PM
not interested in i love techno at all...would rather save my money for that awakenings in november. brilliant lineup.

DannyBlack
25-09-2007, 02:11 PM
i got my little bros 18th in england so im gonna surprise him and head over for that. much better than ILT.

Split-Personality
25-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Is that the Detroit one yeah???

Frank Dogshit
25-09-2007, 02:15 PM
nah this one....might go.

Awakenings
Datum: 23-11-2007

Line-up: Alexander Koning, Michel de Hey, Adam Beyer, Hertz (live), Ben Sims, Murphy

Tijd: 22:00 - 07:00
Vvk: € 35,- (combi € 65,-) koop je e-ticket(s) hier

Awakenings
Datum: 24-11-2007

Line-up: Sandrien & Carlos Valdes, Marco Carola, The Advent (live), Ortin Cam, Dualtek (live) - Go Hiyama & Takaaki Itoh, Ryuji Takeuchi

Tijd: 22:00 - 07:00
Vvk: € 35,- (combi € 65,-) koop je e-ticket(s) hier

Split-Personality
25-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah thats a bit of a line up!!!!

So then is the Detroit one this month then???

Think it must be..........

@ F.D.S. - Did you to the Retrovert Boat Party this year mate?

278d7e64a374de26f==