PDA

View Full Version : Agger and Alonso broken metatarsals

Numeric
20-09-2007, 11:13 AM
scans on Liverpool pair Daniel Agger and Xabi Alonso have confirmed that both have broken metatarsals picked up on international duty and could be out for six weeks...

:)

that's Alonso out of the dream-team then...

french_og
20-09-2007, 11:49 AM
It has to be down to the boots the players are wearing these days... Not enough protection..

I much prefer to wear the Adidas World Cup or the Copa Mundial boots and still lot of players without sponsors still wear them...

Numeric
20-09-2007, 11:56 AM
aye it has to be the football boots, you'd think that with all the recent bad publicity due to all the injuries that the manufacturers would be working on a few different designs, which better protect the players feet...

Insomnia
20-09-2007, 12:07 PM
that's Alonso out of the dream-team then...

What a pisser!

I just brought him into my squad after last wkend.... :ohdear:

Numeric
20-09-2007, 12:10 PM
:laughing:

i was stressin over whether or not to leave Owen in or not, Alonso's injury has kinda forced my hand, dunno who i'm gonna throw in though...

Richierush
20-09-2007, 09:38 PM
i seen alonso today go in a cafe in liverpool with a big space boot on,all the lads from work were shoutin pegleg :laughing: he was drivin a nice 4x4 porche

basslinejunkie
20-09-2007, 10:29 PM
alonso isnt really a big miss, weve plenty of cover there.agger tho is a big loss.

djfase
21-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Haha. Great news

Cant stand liverpool, and all their talk of them being the best team ever.

They think the world owes them everything

phantomdj
21-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Haha. Great news

Cant stand liverpool, and all their talk of them being the best team ever.

They think the world owes them everything

cant stand the filthy place called Southampton either with those stupid accents where they all sound like peter ebdon non-identities ...

Numeric
21-09-2007, 09:03 AM
a Liverpool fan from Leeds talking about stupid accents :laughing: :;

phantomdj
21-09-2007, 09:17 AM
a Liverpool fan from Leeds talking about stupid accents :laughing: :;

a Mancunian accent is a cross between a Yorkshire accent and a Scouse one if you listen carefully

Numeric
21-09-2007, 09:20 AM
a beautiful blend :cheese: :laughing:

Esox Lucius
21-09-2007, 10:29 AM
people from yorkshire and liverpool fans, in general = :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

phantomdj
21-09-2007, 10:55 AM
are we going to have another war of the roses?

let's do it...

Sandal castle is the place.

The elves are coming...

Microdot
21-09-2007, 01:49 PM
a Mancunian accent is a cross between a Yorkshire accent and a Scouse one if you listen carefully

no it's not

phantomdj
21-09-2007, 02:48 PM
no it's not

it is.... if you listen to the stereotypical yorkshireman and compare him to the Lancashire folk you will notice how the lancashire folk put more stress when pronouncing the vowels in a fashion which the scousers do, although far less obviously than the Liverpool folk. If you listen to it you can clearly hear it.

Accents don't just appear.... they arise because of a blend of the different dialects of different regions... no one just created scouse, or cockney... obviously the close r the areas are, the more likely the characteristics are similar.... eg newcastle and the surrounding areas..... whereas Darlington has a cross of yorkshire/geordie...

some accents are crap and some are good, but the influences are from everywhere...

Esox Lucius
21-09-2007, 03:29 PM
i sound scouse but not quite as high pitched as they do in liverpool, sounds like their plums havent dropped. bit deeper the birkenhead accent, apart from the scally twats who want to be scousers and try and talk like them! (the mind boggles)

djfase
21-09-2007, 06:34 PM
cant stand the filthy place called Southampton either with those stupid accents where they all sound like peter ebdon non-identities ...

Southamptons not filthy fella. Come down and have a look around.

We have a very affluent city i have you know:cheese:

Do you need me to tell you want affluent means?

Esox Lucius
21-09-2007, 06:50 PM
scummers

phantomdj
21-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Southamptons not filthy fella. Come down and have a look around.

We have a very affluent city i have you know:cheese:

Do you need me to tell you want affluent means?

Southampton is a dump.... it's the Hull of the south.

some parts might be OK, but it's a chav haven.... a NED infestation...

Do you need me to tell you what that means ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==