PDA

View Full Version : new techno night in manchester

subsonic
27-11-2003, 03:56 PM
there's a new dawn in manchester with the arrival of sub-sonic a night of
deep techno and hard trancecore the next event is on friday 5th dec
at scu bar with djs danny marsh and j.a.g and guest djs at future events
such hopefully dave clarke dave angel and maybe mark e.g :evil: so if your in town check it will be stompin :lol:

jonnyspeed
27-11-2003, 04:31 PM
dave clarke? So its a pop night then?

subsonic
27-11-2003, 04:52 PM
only the most darkest deepest hardest technoist pop avalable to man. so... yes !! :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

EmotionComplex
27-11-2003, 05:26 PM
dave clarke? So its a pop night then?

:nono:

EmotionComplex
27-11-2003, 05:27 PM
ill definetly check this out mate :twisted:

romelpotter
28-11-2003, 11:24 AM
new teckno night in manchester,,, wicked i will deffo be there.

jonnyspeed
28-11-2003, 06:23 PM
forgive my indisgression. I was joking. He's too mainstream for me as he plays at clubs with door policies but he's still in technoland rather than Kylie.

But he is still has a fat bastard with bitch-tits that really needs to sort out his confused sexuality.

:)

jock
29-11-2003, 12:38 PM
but still, he is one of the best techno djs on the planet, with a sound quite unique to himself.

:nono:

Esox Lucius
29-11-2003, 12:58 PM
forgive my indisgression. I was joking. He's too mainstream for me as he plays at clubs with door policies but he's still in technoland rather than Kylie.

But he is still has a fat bastard with bitch-tits that really needs to sort out his confused sexuality.

:)

hehe I agree clarke is mainstream (ish) but I would say some of the "london" techno jocks aren't far off... ;)

romelpotter
29-11-2003, 02:45 PM
clarke may be mainstreem but at sub sonic you will find no door policys or agro. you will find great dj,s playing underground music from trance to teckno to drum and bass to old hardcore to anything els that people want to hear. we just need to know about it. we all enjoy our music and want to listen to what we like to hear but loud and free from huge ego's and muppets !!! I love mainstreem teckno and i love hard teckno in fact i love any techno even mimimal (to an extent). AT sub sonic you will get what you ask for. it is for all.

subsonic
29-11-2003, 02:54 PM
:nono: not quite every thing its a underground sound from deep dark techno to rolling drum and bass soon to be in too arenas ;)
no pop no house no cheese just twisted beats of hardcore being techno
old skool our drum and bass :twisted: :twisted: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jonnyspeed
29-11-2003, 06:05 PM
hehe I agree clarke is mainstream (ish) but I would say some of the "london" techno jocks aren't far off... ;)

Completely agree. I've seen Chris Liberator in a small 300 people party play some really dirty techno then see him a month later at a big event and its lots of crowd pleasers off his Trust The Dj Series. CL01 and CL02 were astounding but CL03 was almost comical and sadly lacking an underground feel. The main culput is Brazillian gigs and a more world music influence resulting in samba and Dub tracks - that do nothing for me but seem to go down well in clubs but less so at squat parties.

Underground City, tonight @ secret location - doubt that will be commercial at all :cool:

Esox Lucius
29-11-2003, 06:13 PM

Completely agree. I've seen Chris Liberator in a small 300 people party play some really dirty techno then see him a month later at a big event and its lots of crowd pleasers off his Trust The Dj Series. CL01 and CL02 were astounding but CL03 was almost comical and sadly lacking an underground feel. The main culput is Brazillian gigs and a more world music influence resulting in samba and Dub tracks - that do nothing for me but seem to go down well in clubs but less so at squat parties.

Underground City, tonight @ secret location - doubt that will be commercial at all :cool:

fair point.

have a good one tonight jonny :cool:

MARKEG
30-11-2003, 07:09 AM
wow.. tell me more about this chris lib thing. i don't think i've ever heard anyone say anything bad about him ever! i'll say something to him next time i see him for sure. anyway.... good luck with the night guys.. it really looks like your heads and heart are in the right place. contact chrissi btw.. bookings@blackoutaudio.co.uk and tell her i told you to contact her through this forum ;)

subsonic
01-12-2003, 09:24 AM
cheer for mark it means alot coming from someone so highly rated thanx ;) :lol:

subsonic
01-12-2003, 09:26 AM
and that was ment to be cheers but it is monday morning and it was a hard weekend :shock:

subsonic
01-12-2003, 09:38 AM
that was ment to say cheers but it is monday morning and it was a heavy
weekend :shock: ;)

subsonic
01-12-2003, 09:40 AM
that was ment to say cheers but it is monday morning and it was a heavy
weekend :shock: ;)

romelpotter
01-12-2003, 10:22 AM
hmmm very tough weekend subsonic !!! :crackup:

subsonic
01-12-2003, 10:31 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :crackup: :shock:
you know how it is flyering friday with your self
and got wasted went to the weardist place in the world after i left ya
total mayhem :shock:

romelpotter
02-12-2003, 11:12 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
you know how it is flyering friday with your self
and got wasted went to the weardist place in the world after i left ya
total mayhem

you must of been wasted :dontevengothere:

subsonic
03-12-2003, 10:02 AM
only 2 dayz to go my freinds ;)

dB
03-12-2003, 12:31 PM
deep techno and hard trancecore :lol:

mmm... soundz interesting..... :neutral:

just hope u book some decent guests :lol:, the scene in manchester is TERRIBLE, vary rarely do we have ANY diversity with guests here in manc, in my opinion there is always the same old skool, big name DJ's that are booked. IT'S SO BORING! i cant be arsed to even get on the bus to town let alone, pay to get into a dull nite, i'd rather make more effort and catch a train to go out to something that's good which is new and different and not so predictable....

Anywayz, end of rant..... All the best guyz....

subsonic
04-12-2003, 08:14 AM
who do you want let me know ;)
and we can see whats what you no what i mean

gumpy green
04-12-2003, 12:24 PM
deep techno and hard trancecore :lol:

mmm... soundz interesting..... :neutral:

just hope u book some decent guests :lol:, the scene in manchester is TERRIBLE, vary rarely do we have ANY diversity with guests here in manc, in my opinion there is always the same old skool, big name DJ's that are booked. IT'S SO BORING! i cant be arsed to even get on the bus to town let alone, pay to get into a dull nite, i'd rather make more effort and catch a train to go out to something that's good which is new and different and not so predictable....

Anywayz, end of rant..... All the best guyz....

Like dis crazy assed techno boy................... Sekonz

Check him live at Dogma(edinburgh)-- http://www.clubdogma.com/mp3/SekonzOct03.mp3

Also heres another..

http://www.diversefrequencies.co.uk/mp3/sekonzdirthouz1.mp3

gumpy green
04-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Tha mutha-fuker skratches like a bitch too......

Checkout tha short video of him itching cos of a bad case o the crabzzzz.

http://www.sekonz.co.uk/videos/sekonzskqwatch.WMV

Angrymann
04-12-2003, 12:46 PM
He's got it already Sekaweena ;) ;)

dB
04-12-2003, 04:33 PM
i dunno, maybe just a bit of variety...here's a few names for ya....

Cristian Vogel
Jamie Liddel
Supercollider
Subhead
Dj Sueme
Mark Hawkins
Micheal Forshaw
Neil Landstrumn
Paul langley
Paul Damage
Daniel benevente
etc, etc

dB
04-12-2003, 04:54 PM
oh a few more....

Jerome (uglyfunk/dont)
Cut Out
Edit
TSR
AEOX
The Horrist
Bill Youngman
Bob Brown
Dave Tarrida
TubeJerk
Fugo
Crystal Distortion
TOBIAS SCHMIDT

Benkouijzer
05-12-2003, 12:52 AM
oh a few more....

The Horrist

Now that i wanna see!

All the best with the night m8!

;)

daviec
05-12-2003, 07:15 AM
I saw The Horrorist PA in Glasgow last year. :twisted:

It was different in a good way. Excellent stuff I'd say, but wasn't to everyone's taste. :eh:

subsonic
05-12-2003, 11:36 AM
well its tonite the begining of something nice the begining of something differant the begining of a new dawn SUB-SONIC tonite
i am shiting my self with nervs but looking forward to playing a mean set
just nervus being a new nite but it will be fine hay ;)

gumpy green
05-12-2003, 01:17 PM
I saw The Horrorist PA in Glasgow last year. :twisted:

It was different in a good way. Excellent stuff I'd say, but wasn't to everyone's taste. :eh:

yeh i saw him through in glasgow too @ an m8 night...i wasent impressed wi him.

Live pa--- gotta be speedy j or pasquele maassen.
Thers also a group up near edinburgh called Acid 69 who are really good check thers site.....

http://www.acid69.info/home.htm

subsonic
08-12-2003, 03:08 PM
we need more teckno heads in manchester we had our first night this weekend and was a bit disapointed about the lack of teckno heads at our night but what can i say try try try again the crowd will come underground forever ;)

Benkouijzer
09-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Stick at it dude as long as everyone that goes has a good time its just a matter of time before the word spreads!

Whats the venue like?

I havent been out in manchester before!

romelpotter
09-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Stick at it dude as long as everyone that goes has a good time its just a matter of time before the word spreads!

Whats the venue like?

I havent been out in manchester before!

the venue is quite small hold about 160 people but the sound system is shite, so we are looking for a new venue.
we were dissapointed with the turn out, but we will keep doing this for as long as possible. thanks for the support :lol:

davethedrummer
22-12-2003, 02:28 PM
keep at it guys
manchester has been starved of techno for a while so don't expect a rush at the door for a while.
it always takes people a while to discover a new night especially when it competes with going to a bar for nothing, which has been responsible for the killing of underground in clubs in manc for a while.

if you're into london techno i'd be up for playing, i've got some mates up there ( mick from havok) and could use an excuse to go and see them.

pm me if your interested

278d7e64a374de26f==