san diego over GREEN BAY
KANSAS CITY over minnesota
NEW ENGLAND over buffalo
NYJETS over miami
detroit over PHILLY
PITTSBURGH over san francisco
st. louis over TAMPA BAY
BALTIMORE over arizona
HOUSTON over indianapolis (not sure why, just figure might be time for an upset)
DENVER over jacksonville
cleveland over OAKLAND
SEATTLE over cincinatti
carolina over ATLANTA
WASHINGTON over nygiants
CHICAGO over dallas (sorry snooch)
NEW ORLEANS over tenessee

snooch
21-09-2007, 09:13 PM
home teams in CAPS

san diego over GREEN BAY
KANSAS CITY over minnesota
NEW ENGLAND over buffalo
NYJETS over miami
detroit over PHILLY
PITTSBURGH over san francisco
st. louis over TAMPA BAY
BALTIMORE over arizona
HOUSTON over indianapolis (not sure why, just figure might be time for an upset)
DENVER over jacksonville
cleveland over OAKLAND
SEATTLE over cincinatti
carolina over ATLANTA
WASHINGTON over nygiants
CHICAGO over dallas (sorry snooch)
NEW ORLEANS over tenessee
This week is Dallas's first real test. They have the ability to win this, but reality is another story. That defense is crippling. They have Tank now though. Not until week 8 but hey.
I think Tennessee may take the Saints. Tennessee barely lost that game last week and is hyped over this one. Plus New Orleans is on a downwards spiral. Who knows? Cincy and Seattle will be close. Defense will be the key in that one. Jacksonville has a chance against Denver too. Not probable, but be ready for an upset. Green Bay is on fire right now. Stifling defense is the name of the game. Stopping Tomlinson (week 1)and Gates isn't an impossibility and Favre is Favre (instant not even debatable Hall of Fame admission) regardless of age. That's a doozy.

SlavikSvensk
22-09-2007, 12:34 AM
i just think san diego is overdue for a game where they get LT rolling, and green bay's young defense seems a good target for getting your mojo back.

herman
22-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Slav my man Im not sure I would come to you for picks if I was a betting man :)

san diego vrs GREEN BAY (got a feeling for Greenbay here but got to keep Gates quiet)

KANSAS CITY vrs minnesota No clue on this one but if you stack the box on Kansas there is a better than 50% chance of beating them so Im takin Minnesota whose defence has been creating all kinds of turnovers.

NEW ENGLAND vrs buffalo 80% completeion rate says only one team will win this NE

NYJETS vrs miami Both suck so I will go for the home J-E-T-S jets jets jets

detroit vrs PHILLY I had Detroit as a dark horse for a while now even went as far as predicting a monster year for Kitna (i know thats mental)and Philly have been awful so far so Detroit it is.

PITTSBURGH vrs san francisco Though there getting no love Pittsburgh are the 3rd possibly the 2nd best team right now plus this is at home so an easy win For the Steelers.

st. louis vrs TAMPA BAY A close one but Tampa are better than I thought so Im picking the home team here as well.

BALTIMORE vrs arizona Aother close one but Im not sure I have ever picked the Cardinals and Im not about to start now.

HOUSTON vrs indianapolis Indianpolis for me would have taken the Texans but main receiver is injured and I bet Indi are still stinging from that week 16 loss last year.

DENVER vrs jacksonville Never bet against a Shanahan team playing at mile high (or whatever it is called now)

cleveland vrs OAKLAND Although Cleveland put up all those points last week but the Raiders have a defence so thats not happening again I might go as far as to predict 4 picks for the raiders db's in this one

SEATTLE vrs cincinatti Game of the week for me no clue who will win but I will go for Bengals

carolina vrs ATLANTA Steve Smith to go for 150 plus and Caralina to win

WASHINGTON vrs nygiants Battle of inept offences but I think Washington might have a real QB now and that defence is showing signs
CHICAGO vrs dallas Tight one again but I have a feeling for Dallas on this one without Brown in the secondary Chicago's secondary isn't as potent and Romo TO might have a big day here, if Dallas get in front they win (no way rex can play catch up) so Im going for Cowboys.

NEW ORLEANS vrs tenessee Tenessee have a good young defence as shown last week where they hung with the Colts for most of that game the Saint on the other hand suck (I have no clue how) low scoring with Titans to win.

SlavikSvensk
22-09-2007, 04:40 PM
hmm...we could actually get a pool of sorts going here. keep track week to week see who's best at predictions...just need snooch to get a list in before the end of the day...snooch!

btw paul, been meaning to ask...how do you keep up so closely with nfl over there?

SlavikSvensk
22-09-2007, 04:42 PM
KANSAS CITY vrs minnesota No clue on this one but if you stack the box on Kansas there is a better than 50% chance of beating them so Im takin Minnesota whose defence has been creating all kinds of turnovers.

btw if they were playing in MN there's no way i'd pick KC. just picked them because arrowhead is such a hard place to win and the chiefs, terrible as they are, actually have a chance at home with the crazy loud crowd and with the vikings starting tavaris jackson at QB

massplanck
22-09-2007, 05:00 PM
herman. I would have thought you were just another beer-swilling premiership supporter.

American blood?

snooch
23-09-2007, 05:28 AM
..just need snooch to get a list in before the end of the day...snooch!

I'm too lazy to type it all out so I copy and pasted yours and changed the ones I wanted to change.

san diego loses to GREEN BAY. Never underestimate Favre and their solid defense
KANSAS CITY over minnesota Larry Johnson is going to let loose at some point this year and I think it will be this week.
NEW ENGLAND over buffalo-duh
NYJETS over miami Both teams are equally inept so it's a crapshoot.
detroit over PHILLY Philly is floundering and Detroit is on a roll. Don't underestimate Philly D and McNabb though.
PITTSBURGH over san francisco. SHouldn't even be close
st. louis over TAMPA BAY. Who knows on this one?
BALTIMORE over arizona. Another blowout. Baltimore's D is made of steel and is fast as hell.
HOUSTON gets slaughtered by indianapolis. I wonder how many touchdowns Manning will throw for? 4 or 5 or more?
DENVER over jacksonville. Really close game. MAybe battle of the week. Jax is on a roll and Denver is Denver- always solid.
cleveland over OAKLAND. At least Cleveland has an offense instead of being totally lame like Oakland.
SEATTLE over cincinatti. C'mon Holmgren, get that d working and let Alexander put his legs to use.
carolina over ATLANTA. I wonder if Atlanta will win 4 games this season?
WASHINGTON over nygiants. Barely because both teams are wallowing in mediocrity. The NFC East has fallen upon hard times if Dallas has no competition this year.
CHICAGO gets played by dallas . No offense besides Devon Hester equals no possible way to win against Dallas's high powered offense and halfway decent defense. Herman is right, if Dallas gets the lead, it's over because of Grossman's ineptitude and penchant for f*cking up and throwing interceptions at the worst times.
NEW ORLEANS loses to tenessee. No Madden curse here for Vince Young. He's the real deal. Him combined with a stingy defense, a passable running game and a few no-name but capable receivers equals a credible threat. A demoralized New Orleans doesn't have a chance.

snooch
23-09-2007, 05:31 AM
hmm...we could actually get a pool of sorts going here. keep track week to week see who's best at predictions.. It's on. I'll start a thread about it.

SlavikSvensk
23-09-2007, 04:23 PM
i think, rationally, indy will smoke houston. i made that pick before hearing andre johnson is out, and he's houston's whole pass offense, so i wish i could take that pick back.

SlavikSvensk
23-09-2007, 09:26 PM
my morning pics were so-so. snooch's better. we'll see about the afternoon.

but damn...brady's stats

23/29 for 311 yards, 4 tds and 0 ints

MVP, anyone? granted he's doing it with silly weapons, but so did peyton in his 3 MVP years.

patriots are averaging 38 pts/game and allowing 11.67 pts/game

just underscores this...WHY THE **** DID BELICHICK CARE ABOUT VIDEOTAPING THE JETS?!

snooch
23-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Every team does it, New England just did it stupidly.

Well so far, Philly blew out Detroit with some really fairy looking throwback uniforms. WTF is up with that? I understand the deal with their 75th anniversary, but that shit is homely and looking like they landed on the set of that male makeover show Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. That having been said, I think they should keep them around because of the turnaround they just made. They dominated both sides of the game. I flubbed up the Tampa Bay score and the KC score too. Everything else is right on so far.
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5e/fullj.getty-75557860jm001_detroit_lions.jpg

SlavikSvensk
24-09-2007, 03:21 AM
so far i think i've done pre-ttey shi-ttey with the picks. about .500 i think.

but i think a few things are certain at this point (7:15pm PST)...

a) win or lose, dallas is for real
b) win or lose, chicago needs a new QB
c) miami is worse than kansas city
d) mcnabb is still good
e) new england is the best team in the nfl at the moment

snooch
24-09-2007, 03:28 AM
so far i think i've done pre-ttey shi-ttey with the picks. about .500 i think.

but i think a few things are certain at this point (7:15pm PST)...

a) win or lose, dallas is for real
b) win or lose, chicago needs a new QB
c) miami is worse than kansas city
d) mcnabb is still good
e) new england is the best team in the nfl at the moment
rebuttal-->
a. It's about time people outside of Texas realized this.
b. Holy crap he's streaky. Amazing at moments, craptastic at others(in the same drive even).
c. At least KC has LArry Johnson. He's a stud.
d. No shit man. I was afraid their season was in jeopardy and this happens. Total domination on both sides of the ball. McNabb demonstrated why he will be a Hall Of Famer eventually.
e. I hate to say it, but I agree. Defense, the passing game and a running game too. What the hell do you do against that?

SlavikSvensk
24-09-2007, 04:13 AM
so NE's schedule is:

4 Mon, Oct 1 at Cincinnati Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM
5 Sun, Oct 7 Cleveland Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
6 Sun, Oct 14 at Dallas Tickets CBS 4:15 PM
7 Sun, Oct 21 at Miami Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
8 Sun, Oct 28 Washington Tickets FOX 4:15 PM
9 Sun, Nov 4 at Indianapolis Tickets CBS 4:15 PM
10 BYE WEEK
11 Sun, Nov 18 at Buffalo Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
12 Sun, Nov 25 Philadelphia Tickets NBC 8:15 PM
13 Mon, Dec 3 at Baltimore Tickets ESPN 8:30 PM
14 Sun, Dec 9 Pittsburgh Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
15 Sun, Dec 16 NY Jets Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
16 Sun, Dec 23 Miami Tickets CBS 1:00 PM
17 Sat, Dec 29 at NY Giants

I think the at Dallas and at Indy games will be tough, and maybe playing at Cincy with a pumped up Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson might make for some fireworks. But it's possible--however unlikely--that the Pats could go 16-0. Of course it's also possible Brady could be injured at we go 8-8. Many things are possible. Most likely, we'll go 14-2 or 13-3 and win one of those two big games but drop one and another one or two somewhere else down the line.

Of course, losing to someone in the reg season doesn't mean all that much. The year NE beat Philly in the superbowl, both teams were blown out by the Steelers during the regular season. And not just beat. Beat down. Back to back.

snooch
24-09-2007, 04:49 AM
I think that Pittsburgh game is going to be a tough one too. I agree that N.E. is the best in the league at this point, but we do have the rest of the season. Pitt, Indy, N.E., Green Bay and Dallas seem to be the best in the league at this point. I like this season so far.

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league

SlavikSvensk
24-09-2007, 06:33 AM
yeah forgot about that. they're tough too. but it's at home, so i'm not really worried.

green bay is doing well, but they'll tank eventually. well, maybe not in the nfc...the only NFC team i think much of at this point is dallas.

SlavikSvensk
24-09-2007, 06:34 AM
think i went 7-8 today. woops! :laughing:

herman
24-09-2007, 01:30 PM
btw paul, been meaning to ask...how do you keep up so closely with nfl over there?

We get 6 games a week now here so manage to catch at least some gigs permitting been a huge fan for 20 plus years though so pour over web sites and god knows what else for most of the info.

herman. I would have thought you were just another beer-swilling premiership supporter.

American blood? Im more of a Jamisons swilling Premiership man myself no US blood just a rather tragic sports fan generally.

massplanck
24-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Nothing wrong with that. I find american uhm 'handball' ;) the most entertaining out of all the US sports. Cant stand baseball or basketball

SlavikSvensk
24-09-2007, 04:43 PM
We get 6 games a week now here so manage to catch at least some gigs permitting been a huge fan for 20 plus years though so pour over web sites and god knows what else for most of the info.

nice...follow college as well?

also, do you read bill simmons?

SlavikSvensk
24-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Nothing wrong with that. I find american uhm 'handball' ;) the most entertaining out of all the US sports. Cant stand baseball or basketball

baseball is great, but it takes a lot of patience. basically it's anachronistic, pace-wise. like cricket.

massplanck
24-09-2007, 04:49 PM
hence why i hate cricket.

snooch
24-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Cant stand baseball or basketball
Me neither unless I'm there at the game or it's the playoffs or finals. Then it's the best of the best and not some boring game with half-assed scrubs. I do have to say the same about football(the non-American kind) though. It all has to do with what you were raised on and are used to. My family is all from farm and oil land out in west Texas where American Football reigns supreme. Entire towns turn out to high school games on Friday nights. It's part of the social fabric out there because it's desolate and there's no other town within 40 or 50 miles with anything else to do. I was raised to be a Cowboys fan since I was an infant. Church would let out at 11:45 instead of 12:00 so everyone could get home to catch the beginning of the noon game. I could name the entire roster of the Cowboys from the age of 6(including non-starters). I was the king of my school yard because my grandfather worked with one of the Cowboys(Jay Saldi) from their 1977 Superbowl team in the off-season. He had gotten me a football signed by their entire roster including the coach Tom Landry. I still have it and it's worth a pretty penny.

herman
24-09-2007, 08:23 PM
nice...follow college as well?

also, do you read bill simmons?

No College games mean nothing here to be honest with the allegiance thing there a bit of a hard watch to be honest.

Simmons I do read but his picks suck as bad as yours :)

SlavikSvensk
25-09-2007, 12:41 AM
nah mine are worse. he picks by spread, not out and out winners, so a few work. and if i'm not mistaken, yours weren't exactly nostradamus-esque either :;

but we'll see next week :)

herman
25-09-2007, 01:56 AM
and if i'm not mistaken, yours weren't exactly nostradamus-esque either :;

but we'll see next week :)

Not counting tonights game I think I was 10-5 this week not nostrodamus but better than yours :) Im up for a predictions league though If only to show someone from the UK who has never even played the game can predict better than US people brought up with it ;)

snooch
25-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Oh you're on dude. Let's do this. :)

278d7e64a374de26f==