PDA

View Full Version : technical serrato scratch question

lunatrick
22-09-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm thinking of investing in a laptop and serrato scratch

The problem I've got is one of my sl1200's has a very bad earth hum problem - it looks like I would need a new arm as the connection issue is inside the arm or possibly have to buy a new turntable

if I go for serrato scratch will this hum issue affect the performance bearing in mind you're not playing a record but a control record - I'd like tp spend my money on the new kit rather than buying a new turntable

herman
22-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Im afraid it will effect your Serato, the signal really needs to be as clean as possible for it to work properly so an earth hum isn't going to do you any favours at all.

lunatrick
22-09-2007, 04:20 PM
arse - I had a feeling that might be the answer

Jay Pace
23-09-2007, 12:27 PM
New tone arm shouldn't cost more than £70 mate. If you're going to splash out on serato and a laptop £70 to sort your decks shouldn't sting that much...

ampassasinbirmingham
26-09-2007, 03:28 PM
herman, so have you got serato now? How you finding it? You played out on it yet or are you still doing da able thing?

herman
27-09-2007, 12:50 PM
herman, so have you got serato now? How you finding it? You played out on it yet or are you still doing da able thing?

Yeah just got it the other week have a few gigs Im planning on using it for over the next couple of weeks so will report back then , Up till now I really like it though seems really really stable absolutely no latency issues or anything similar and with some very clever little things built in like the no skip relative mode etc.

I'll post more once I give it a good run under club conditions though.

herman
26-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Really enjoying using Serato now Im still doing Ableton sets also but if Im playing from records it will be Serato for me for the forseeable future.

Only problem with it is setting it up is a bit of a pain in the arse (as with all the digital set ups) but once up and running Im really happy with it.

MARK ANXIOUS
12-11-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah it's just that setting up that's putting me off. really would like to test one properly for this at a shop or something. wonder if anyone knows of any music shops where this is set up near leeds????

Louk
12-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Serrato is hugely easy to set up when I have the cash I am definitely getting it!

Louk

herman
12-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Serrato is hugely easy to set up when I have the cash I am definitely getting it!

Louk

Hugely easy to set up yes but try turning up 15 minutes before your set and doing it in a packed club whilst someone is already playing suddenly things aren't so rosey :)

lunatrick
14-11-2007, 11:58 PM
sorted the earth hum - just needed the lead replacing....some idiot in a shop told me I needed a new arm......

278d7e64a374de26f==