PDA

View Full Version : BBC Radio 1 - 21 Minutes To Know

DannyBlack
24-09-2007, 07:36 PM
do we have linkage for this yet? im chomping at the bit to hear this!!!!!

Split-Personality
24-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah I still have not had the pleasure!

basslinejunkie
24-09-2007, 08:07 PM
spooky,i just thought the same

Si the Sigh
24-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Me to! :)

MARK ANXIOUS
25-09-2007, 12:13 AM
i really am an ass hole. i have to upload this and the new shows to the server and i've been having real problems with my ftp client, then something always tends to come up... bah.. ok bear with me.

Si the Sigh
25-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Yay! :)

DVNT
25-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Wicked n ting. :D

DannyBlack
25-09-2007, 11:34 AM
oooooooooh man, i can almost taste it!! come on mark, we're gaggin' for it!

MARK ANXIOUS
26-09-2007, 10:25 PM
ok, i've uploaded it! check the front page.

will upload the latest radio show next week :)

Si the Sigh
27-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Nice nice! Straight on it. Gagging to hear this... :)

xes
27-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Nice little set,and by the sound of you at the end,you enjoyed it. (nice plug by the way) :cool:

Si the Sigh
27-09-2007, 08:58 AM
GREAT STUFF! :)

Tracklist please Mr EG!

DannyBlack
27-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Nice one ar kid!!!!!!!!!

DannyBlack
27-09-2007, 11:35 AM
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKIN' 'ELL!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

MITA
27-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Finaly cheers Mark

Si the Sigh
27-09-2007, 02:04 PM
GREAT STUFF! :)

Tracklist please Mr EG!

Actually, I'm going to be completely and utterly honest, and go back on what I typed this morning.

When I took a listen this morning at work, I wasn't giving it 100% attention. I've just listened again, and I have to say, it was ok, but bar the speed of the mixes, it didn't do much for me. Sorry Mark.

Starts off great, nice intro, Rodz Konez, Dinner Records, then half way though, I lost interest. The 2nd half has got some real plain, filler tracks.

Still be nice to see a tracklist though.

DannyBlack
27-09-2007, 02:29 PM
dunno man, i love it. thumping tough techno, and i think it deffinately represents techno for the now.

DannyBlack
27-09-2007, 02:39 PM
whats the track that kicks in at 19:00?? :dance:

Si the Sigh
27-09-2007, 03:17 PM
dunno man, i love it. thumping tough techno, and i think it deffinately represents techno for the now.

Yea it probably does, and I'm sure many people loved it. I was loving it for a while. Anyway, who cares what I think. Massive respect is due to Mark for getting airplay on Radio 1 and spreading the word. :)

Split-Personality
27-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Waiting to get my ass home to listen to this.......

MARK ANXIOUS
27-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Actually, I'm going to be completely and utterly honest, and go back on what I typed this morning.

When I took a listen this morning at work, I wasn't giving it 100% attention. I've just listened again, and I have to say, it was ok, but bar the speed of the mixes, it didn't do much for me. Sorry Mark.

Starts off great, nice intro, Rodz Konez, Dinner Records, then half way though, I lost interest. The 2nd half has got some real plain, filler tracks.

Still be nice to see a tracklist though.

fair play si. that's what i love about you man, your complete honesty. if i was truly representing techno, i would need much more than 21 minutes and i would definitely definitely need to NOT be playing on kutski's show. i think i tried to keep it relavent to the show, keep it on the harder loopier edge but try to put some clever stuff in there that would throw a few ppl off. i dunno, it's hard when you're only given such a small period of time. like i said originally, i was actually going to do a 'through the years' mix, but the danger of all the usual kutski listeners switching off thinking techno was boring was too much of a risk. i tried my best i suppose and that's all ya can do. thanks though si, comments like this keep you on ya toes and it why techno is such a great genre. :cool:

DannyBlack
27-09-2007, 05:07 PM
so then, whilst your on your toes Markus EGus, what s the track that slams in @ 19:03 (ish)

Split-Personality
27-09-2007, 05:13 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tis a valid point!

MARK ANXIOUS
27-09-2007, 09:04 PM
so then, whilst your on your toes Markus EGus, what s the track that slams in @ 19:03 (ish)

that's the last getafix records.. tuuuuuuuuune!!! :cheese:

Numeric
28-09-2007, 03:33 PM
listened to the first ten mins this mornin on the way to work, really likin it thus far, no complaints :)

Tony Silver
28-09-2007, 04:50 PM
downloading,i hope you will upload the tracklist mark :)
Cheers

xes
28-09-2007, 05:29 PM
track list would be cool,but can someone tell me what tune is 20 mins 30 in. That old school sample,I'm smelling a remix?

xes
28-09-2007, 05:50 PM
the name of the origional would be shexy too :) I've been after hunting that tune down for ages.

mattboyslim
28-09-2007, 06:57 PM
its x101 - sonic destroyer. Duno who did the remix/used the sample

xes
28-09-2007, 07:39 PM

Numeric
29-09-2007, 11:04 AM
listened to the whole mix and quite enjoyed it, good representation of techno at the moment as has been stated...

what's the track at 14:15? absolute beast of a tune that...

eyeswithoutaface
29-09-2007, 12:36 PM
fair play si. that's what i love about you man, your complete honesty. if i was truly representing techno, i would need much more than 21 minutes and i would definitely definitely need to NOT be playing on kutski's show. i think i tried to keep it relavent to the show, keep it on the harder loopier edge but try to put some clever stuff in there that would throw a few ppl off. i dunno, it's hard when you're only given such a small period of time. like i said originally, i was actually going to do a 'through the years' mix, but the danger of all the usual kutski listeners switching off thinking techno was boring was too much of a risk. i tried my best i suppose and that's all ya can do. thanks though si, comments like this keep you on ya toes and it why techno is such a great genre. :cool:

hate to say it mate but i think your contradicting yourself here, as your pretty vocal about wanting to convert people over to techno, and i think with such a short space of time, taking a risk is EXACTLY what people should be doing, instead of showing people who are already into relatively hard (for their respective scene) music a load more hard music. I have to say i wasnt too impressed with the tracklisting at all and would have to say i dont personally think it represents techno in its true form, just my opinion though

and i have to add there have been numerous people now doing sessions for Radio 1 techno wise who i think deserve props too, alot of people are acting like this is a new thing you've done and whilst having respect, it's not. People like Ade fenton, Martyn Hare, Surgeon etc have all done amazing sessions for Radio 1, Ade notably has done various sessions now on radio 1 and 2 and to a brilliant standard too

not having a pop mate just trying to offer a balanced view, as there are undoubtedly people on here who would praise the turds in your bowl just because it's come out of Mark Eg's behind, and this place comes across as farrr too one sided for my liking sometimes

Beast_Worx
29-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Just listened to the mix and quite enjoyed it :)

DannyBlack
29-09-2007, 01:21 PM
there are undoubtedly people on here who would praise the turds in your bowl just because it's come out of Mark Eg's behind, and this place comes across as farrr too one sided for my liking sometimes

jesus wept, i hope im not being lumped into that catagory?!

Numeric
29-09-2007, 01:50 PM
putting aside representation of techno or any other goals that Mark may have wanted to achieve with this set, as a stand alone 21 minute hard techno mix i personaly enjoyed it very much...

eyeswithoutaface
29-09-2007, 03:13 PM
jesus wept, i hope im not being lumped into that catagory?!

im not lumping anyone into it mate, its just my opinion

i know for a fact mark wont take my words the wrong way so no one else should, mark's an honest guy who likes honesty in return, nothing wrong with that

if anything, it keeps things healthy :)

dubs
29-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I think 21 tracks in 21 minutes is quite a feet but i lost interest half way through.

djbuzzbe
30-09-2007, 11:45 PM
i liked the mix mark thought it proper underground sound

MARK ANXIOUS
01-10-2007, 12:01 AM
hate to say it mate but i think your contradicting yourself here, as your pretty vocal about wanting to convert people over to techno, and i think with such a short space of time, taking a risk is EXACTLY what people should be doing, instead of showing people who are already into relatively hard (for their respective scene) music a load more hard music. I have to say i wasnt too impressed with the tracklisting at all and would have to say i dont personally think it represents techno in its true form, just my opinion though

and i have to add there have been numerous people now doing sessions for Radio 1 techno wise who i think deserve props too, alot of people are acting like this is a new thing you've done and whilst having respect, it's not. People like Ade fenton, Martyn Hare, Surgeon etc have all done amazing sessions for Radio 1, Ade notably has done various sessions now on radio 1 and 2 and to a brilliant standard too

not having a pop mate just trying to offer a balanced view, as there are undoubtedly people on here who would praise the turds in your bowl just because it's come out of Mark Eg's behind, and this place comes across as farrr too one sided for my liking sometimes

what's all this about turds in a bowl? one sided? hmmm you scott, out of all ppl should realise we don't run this shop like that mate. well, i try not too eh.

look, i'm in this for the long haul man, i thought you knew that. i did this on a hard dance/hardcore show. i did what i thought was right for that show - and pushed some buttons (i hope). the interest i've had for techno in my inbox following that is insane. until i get to do something on a show that offers real chance for innovation, i'll just have to stick with banging away as cleverly as i can at the door of whatever is there in the uk, in a way that gets the message across without ramming shit down ppl's throats. it's the way i've always done shit. hare, surgeon, fenton - they all had the opportunity on the right radio 1 show for the job. i haven't - yet.

i'll get mine soon, you bloody mark my words hehehe :cool:

anyway, thanks to all the nice comments so far on the mix. we gotta push the music in any way we can!! :)

eyeswithoutaface
01-10-2007, 09:12 AM
what's all this about turds in a bowl? one sided? hmmm you scott, out of all ppl should realise we don't run this shop like that mate. well, i try not too eh.

look, i'm in this for the long haul man, i thought you knew that. i did this on a hard dance/hardcore show. i did what i thought was right for that show - and pushed some buttons (i hope). the interest i've had for techno in my inbox following that is insane. until i get to do something on a show that offers real chance for innovation, i'll just have to stick with banging away as cleverly as i can at the door of whatever is there in the uk, in a way that gets the message across without ramming shit down ppl's throats. it's the way i've always done shit. hare, surgeon, fenton - they all had the opportunity on the right radio 1 show for the job. i haven't - yet.

i'll get mine soon, you bloody mark my words hehehe :cool:

anyway, thanks to all the nice comments so far on the mix. we gotta push the music in any way we can!! :)

you know what i mean mate, i dont mean that's how you run things, but this place can get far too one sided, i know for a fact alot of people dont post what they really want because its going to be deemed as negative, happens on all boards not just this one, no one wants to rock the boat.

like i say wasnt having a pop mate, but if everyone else has the right to say they loved it, those who particulary didnt have the right to offer their opinions too, and i still stand by what i said, i do think you contradicted yourself somewhat with the opportunity but that's just me, and once you've been into techno for the past ten years like myself, sometimes you just wish more and more that people would take these chances and risks, thats all, so dont take offence, you know me alot better than that

DannyBlack
01-10-2007, 10:15 AM
that's the last getafix records.. tuuuuuuuuune!!! :cheese:

filthmonger bought me that record recently too! wicked, absolutely wicked.

Numeric
01-10-2007, 10:18 AM
track list?

Numeric
04-10-2007, 02:57 PM
TRACKLIST!!??

ampassasinbirmingham
04-10-2007, 03:38 PM
TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST? TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?TRACKLIST?

MARK ANXIOUS
05-10-2007, 12:59 AM
you should know by now i am SHITTEEE at track lists hehehe

BRADLEE
05-10-2007, 08:18 AM
I heard there's some guy from Arizona who made of those tunes...Imagine that....haha

Numeric
09-10-2007, 03:29 PM
would be really nice to have a tracklist, ya know :;

MARK ANXIOUS
09-10-2007, 04:45 PM
ok shit hold on:

1) Underground Resistance - Punisher (live)
2) Something by Makaton
3) Something on Dinner (no 1 or 2)
4) Something on Dinner (no 1 or 2)
5) Hardcell and Grindvik (GAIN 007)
6) Jan Liefhebber Vs Nimbuz - Anthrax (Hz Trax)
7) Basic Implant - Chaotic Rites (BOUND)
8) Lars Klein - Afterlife (AUDIO)
9) Andre Walter - Round 1 (BATTLE KINGZ)
10) Brad Lee on More Punk Than Funk
11) Something on Getafix 11

MAD LAST 5 MINUTES:

12) Mark EG + Chrissi - Unreleased
13) DJ Hell - Sprung Aus Den Wolken
14) X103 - Jeff Mills
15) Aphex Twin - Havent a clue
16) Can't remember
17) D-Shake production -Hallucination Generation -
18) Underground Resistance - Seawolf
19) Can't remember
20) Some other D-Shake thing
21) D-Shake production -Hallucination Generation

:)

Numeric
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Mark, you the man :cool:

digitalboy
09-10-2007, 08:28 PM
yeh, cheers for this mark

Numeric
10-10-2007, 09:25 AM
i just needed to know what that Lars Klein - Afterlife track was, the sample that plays over it is awesome and makes the track sound ten times better :laughing:

tracks 9 and 10 are beasts too...

Louk
11-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Cheers mate :)

Tidied up what you had a bit cos im such a tunespotter ! But here's what you played exactly in the first half to help others as well.

01. Underground Resistance - The Punisher [Underground Resistence]
02. Makaton - Crown Of Thorns [Rodz Konez]
03. Fiend + Friend - Darmin [Dinner]
04. Fiend + Friend - Origin [Dinner]
05. Hardcell + Grindvik - Rattler [DC Gain]
06. Jan Liefhebber Vs Nimbuz - Anthrax [HZ Trax]
07. Basic Implant - Chaotic Rites [Bound]
08. Lars Klein - Afterlife [Fine Audio]
09. Andre Walter - Round 1 [Battle Kingz]
10. Brad Lee - Until Death [More Punk Than Funk]
11. Lawrie Immersion - Harder Faster Harder Faster! [Getafix]
12. Mark EG + Chrissi - Unreleased